• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs West Brom *** *** OMT ***

When its like WBA yesterday I have big issue with it.

Theres a difference between playing to your advantage late in a game to preserve a result and making it your entire game plan from the first moments on.

It is distinctly un sportsman like, shameful really.

This. Totally agree. West Brom’s timewasting is not an excuse for why we couldn’t get into the game. But the deliberateness of what Foster was doing, and his persistence in doing the same thing over and over, from the moment they has scored, even when being told by the (weak) ref to get on wit it, should have been dealt with much earlier.

It’s a major weakness in Poch’s tactical nouse. If only he thought to try and score early, and often, he’d eliminate so many problems. Hopefully he’s a lurker on GG and can learn a thing or two from all the football experts on here.
Blimey, you really think we do not try to score early? You think we're deliberately just farting about?

Jeez.

It’s a major weakness in Poch’s tactical nouse. If only he thought to try and score early, and often, he’d eliminate so many problems. Hopefully he’s a lurker on GG and can learn a thing or two from all the football experts on here.
They only managed it because of Dele's mistake, but if you noticed, it was because we were pushing up trying our hardest to get an early goal.

Oh the irony!

They only managed it because of Dele's mistake, but if you noticed, it was because we were pushing up trying our hardest to get an early goal.

Oh the irony!
Yes, we were trying to attack. And if we're breaking down the goal Sanchez also made a mistake. SERIOUS COMMENT, NO SENSE OF SARCASM. NOT A CRITICISM OF A PLAYER DESIGNED TO DENIGRATE HIS CHARACTER BUT AN OBSERVATION ON AN ACTION THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PERFORMED BETTER.

When its like WBA yesterday I have big issue with it.

Theres a difference between playing to your advantage late in a game to preserve a result and making it your entire game plan from the first moments on.

It is distinctly un sportsman like, shameful really.
It’s not sour grapes, just disgusting to watch. Even if it was against Arsenal I’d be saying the same thing....

I’ve seen it many,many times. But yesterday was possibly taken to a new level.
What incensed me yesterday was the fact that the ref was so soft with their cnt keeper, who simply just took the p8ss. I was high up in the stadium, so had a good view of the pitch. He didn’t even gesture to Foster, for him to release the ball, after possibly the 10th time. And each of those incidents, i would say he held the ball for 12–15 seconds minimum! I hope they go down.

Yes, we were trying to attack. And if we're breaking down the goal Sanchez also made a mistake. SERIOUS COMMENT, NO SENSE OF SARCASM. NOT A CRITICISM OF A PLAYER DESIGNED TO DENIGRATE HIS CHARACTER BUT AN OBSERVATION ON AN ACTION THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PERFORMED BETTER.

Could you please clarify what you mean here?

Oops, apologies. In my defence, there are so many ludicrous comments on this forum it's not always easy to tell when posters are actually being sarcastic. :D

And yes I was equally aware of Sanchez's unfortunate role in conceding the early goal.

Btw, no need to shout.;)

Of course I don't. And while there are some tools this board I doubt even the most spanners of spanners on here would come to that conclusion. I suppose I need to add every emoji ever invented next time.
Ironic that your post was actually chiming in with MY sarcasm. :D But this time the irony's on me.:p

No more hips, babies or drugs.... Just get on the fudging pitch you bellend.

Spoken like a true supporter, this.

I'm continually amazed (you think I'd have adjusted by now) by the cretins that come out of the woodwork when things get a tiny bit difficult, it makes for nauseating reading.

The bile spat is ludicrous. We call ourselves better than the fickle mobs at Woolwich or West Ham, but I'm genuinely not so sure.

Very frustrating game. Thought we looked tired and off the pace through most of the game. Couldn't believe WBA were passing it around at the back at times when we were 1-0 down.

I thought it was a real gamble by Pochettino not to rotate away to Dortmund. The gamble didn't work and we paid for it. Arguably we did enough to win it 1-0 if not for Alli's mistake. But no excuses for the performance.

Can only hope we bounce back very quickly.

Blimey, you really think we do not try to score early? You think we're deliberately just farting about?

Jeez.

Why do we start games so slowly with no directness or aggression? we start games too slow most of the time. Dont they get fired up enough beforehand? warm up not intense enough?

Last season at home the games we battered teams we scored early in most of them, bringing the opposition out and therefore not needing to break them down hitting on the break the longer we go before scoring the harder we find it and need to come out flying the home games

Back