• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs West Brom *** *** OMT ***

Really impressive how Rondon could make his entire body go limp in the blink of an eye when someone touched him.

Most of that was down to Dier being too tight and climbing all over the back of him, it gave Rondon and the Ref an easy option every time. Against Sanchez he stayed up more and used his pace and strength very effectively, mainly because Sanchez wasn't climbing all over him for Rondon to engineer a foul. Rondon was the best player on the pitch yesterday, he frustrated the hell out of our defence.

They were time wasting from well within the first half. Shameful, and I really feel its something that should be addressed post match.

If a player can be booked for diving after the game now, I think players/teams should be penalised for such obvious bad sportsmanship.

You can take any player or manager out of Spurs but you can never take Spurs out of Spurs ! We always got this bad habit of dropping points against shyte teams we supposed to beat easily even after getting a big win. It seems we are still affected by the curse of Wembley. Also, WBA are also back as our bogey team as well ! We have now only won 1 of our last 5 matches against them, with the rest finishing in 1-1 draws. Annoyingly, WBA came into this match without a manager and being winless in 10 matches and we almost lose to them !

Credit to Kane for scoring our only goal and Alli for assisting it. That was Kane's 7th goal against WBA. Too bad that Kane couldn't get another goal. Unfortunately for us, Kane lacked the usual clinical touch apart from the goal. It seems he is still not fully fit since coming back from injury. We only seem to play well when Kane is on form. Alli did well to get another assist but he too had a poor match. In fact, it was Alli who lost the ball stupidly in midfield for their goal. Son had a few goal scoring chances but his shots lacked the usual power or accuracy.

Our midfield had a poor match. We badly missed Wanyama as Winks were poor. Annoyed with Eriksen as he was never in the match. Eriksen supposed to inspire us but he has been poor for us since getting the hattrick for Denmark in the World Cup play-off. Felt Eriksen should have been replaced by Sissoko. Atleast Sissoko works hard despite lacking the finishing touches. It seems like Eriksen and Alli has become too comfortable at Spurs knowing they will start every match. Maybe both should be dropped for a few matches for them to get back their form.

Really annoyed with the way our defence conceded the goal so early in the match. Sanchez and Lloris should have been more alert. Instead, Sanchez was pushed off the ball too easily while Lloris was too slow to react for the shot which went into goal in slow motion. I think Alderweireld would have tackled the ball easily. Sanchez needs to be more composed like Alderweireld in situations like these. The defence also went to sleep late in the match when WBA had an open goal which they missed.

The decision to move to Wembley seems like one of our worst decision in history now. Apart from the win over Liverpool, we have been poor in all other matches in the league. Our failure to beat shyte teams like Burnley, Swansea and now WBA will surely come back to affect us later in the season. Remember, our failure to beat teams like WBA, Bournemouth, Sunderland and West Ham was the one which ultimately cost us the league title last season. And we have already lost too many points to these bottom teams this season. Pochettino badly need to improve our Wembley form and results if we want to stay in top 4 in the league this season.

You can take any player or manager out of Spurs but you can never take Spurs out of Spurs ! We always got this bad habit of dropping points against shyte teams we supposed to beat easily even after getting a big win. It seems we are still affected by the curse of Wembley. Also, WBA are also back as our bogey team as well ! We have now only won 1 of our last 5 matches against them, with the rest finishing in 1-1 draws. Annoyingly, WBA came into this match without a manager and being winless in 10 matches and we almost lose to them !

Credit to Kane for scoring our only goal and Alli for assisting it. That was Kane's 7th goal against WBA. Too bad that Kane couldn't get another goal. Unfortunately for us, Kane lacked the usual clinical touch apart from the goal. It seems he is still not fully fit since coming back from injury. We only seem to play well when Kane is on form. Alli did well to get another assist but he too had a poor match. In fact, it was Alli who lost the ball stupidly in midfield for their goal. Son had a few goal scoring chances but his shots lacked the usual power or accuracy.

Our midfield had a poor match. We badly missed Wanyama as Winks were poor. Annoyed with Eriksen as he was never in the match. Eriksen supposed to inspire us but he has been poor for us since getting the hattrick for Denmark in the World Cup play-off. Felt Eriksen should have been replaced by Sissoko. Atleast Sissoko works hard despite lacking the finishing touches. It seems like Eriksen and Alli has become too comfortable at Spurs knowing they will start every match. Maybe both should be dropped for a few matches for them to get back their form.

Really annoyed with the way our defence conceded the goal so early in the match. Sanchez and Lloris should have been more alert. Instead, Sanchez was pushed off the ball too easily while Lloris was too slow to react for the shot which went into goal in slow motion. I think Alderweireld would have tackled the ball easily. Sanchez needs to be more composed like Alderweireld in situations like these. The defence also went to sleep late in the match when WBA had an open goal which they missed.

The decision to move to Wembley seems like one of our worst decision in history now. Apart from the win over Liverpool, we have been poor in all other matches in the league. Our failure to beat shyte teams like Burnley, Swansea and now WBA will surely come back to affect us later in the season. Remember, our failure to beat teams like WBA, Bournemouth, Sunderland and West Ham was the one which ultimately cost us the league title last season. And we have already lost too many points to these bottom teams this season. Pochettino badly need to improve our Wembley form and results if we want to stay in top 4 in the league this season.

Wembley was logistical and money decision, there was little other choice.
Wembley is pig to play at for many reasons....
Wembley as Poch said is energy sapping for the payers.
Sanchez will learn, Lloris should have cleaned them and the ball out!

We draw against WBA it's hardly a shock is it as you say!
Poch I think will rotate even more now!
I think we are missing Wanyama big time.

Concur.

Hit it first time for once.

I think it’s clear Serge is much better than trips

Don’t agree. Aurier doesn’t really offer anything. His crossing is terrible and has costs us goals. Badly miss Walker. Trip isn’t as quick as Aurier however given the chance he puts a good ball in.

I must admit I only saw highlights but Trippier appeared to create quite a few chances through his passing and crossing. Aurier for all his apparent pace and power hasn’t created much at all yet, not digging him out but I don’t think he’s anywhere near as good creatively yet - I think will take him at least a season if not longer....

And what was that with the player who went down “injured”, had treatment on the pitch and then tried to walk off in the longest direction towards the other side of the pitch - despite the ref calling him back and pointing to the side closest. He should have booked for dissent.

I picked up on that during the game as well. Even after he'd told them twice, the player and the physios still turned around and started walking towards the dugouts again. Jones should have shown a yellow, but did nothing. The player never waited for permission to re-enter the field afterwards either, and he ignored that as well. He is weak and I don't think players respect him. Turns a blind eye and then wonders why he's got issues in the game. Classic bad parent/teacher syndrome.

They were time wasting from well within the first half. Shameful, and I really feel its something that should be addressed post match.

If a player can be booked for diving after the game now, I think players/teams should be penalised for such obvious bad sportsmanship.

I have no issue with time wasting, all teams do it.

Simple answer is score an early goal and thy won’t do it

Don’t agree. Aurier doesn’t really offer anything. His crossing is terrible and has costs us goals. Badly miss Walker. Trip isn’t as quick as Aurier however given the chance he puts a good ball in.

Serge drives forward more creating spaces.

Defensively he is improving as well, he has the odd brain fart, but so did walker

Serge drives forward more creating spaces.

Defensively he is improving as well, he has the odd brain fart, but so did walker

Agree

Against bus Parker’s we need pace to get bhind and variety

Trippier actually seemed to have a good game but he can’t get behind anyone with pace

We miss the dynamism of the Rose-Walker axis of last season, and that's the truth of it. West Brom were disciplined in defence yesterday but our movement in the final third was all too predictable. They were just, like, shuffle across, shuffle back, rinse and repeat.

We miss the dynamism of the Rose-Walker axis of last season, and that's the truth of it. West Brom were disciplined in defence yesterday but our movement in the final third was all too predictable. They were just, like, shuffle across, shuffle back, rinse and repeat.

You can see it with Walker today
For me he has been city’s best player

I have no issue with time wasting, all teams do it.

Simple answer is score an early goal and thy won’t do it

When its like WBA yesterday I have big issue with it.

Theres a difference between playing to your advantage late in a game to preserve a result and making it your entire game plan from the first moments on.

It is distinctly un sportsman like, shameful really.

Back