• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs West Brom *** *** OMT ***

From high up in the stands it was easy to see that West Brom had us worked out, and I think a lot of teams have now. Sit back, let us pass it back and forth, keep your concentration and wait for the inevitable error (and that didn’t take long today).

There is zero dynamism in the team in the league at the moment. Everything is sideways or backwards. And we seem to have a game plan that involves only going for it second half. We effectively wasted the first 45 minutes today.

Oh, and Wembley is an atmosphere vacuum when we are at 0-0 or losing.

I think the main problem today was nobody putting in close to 100%. It was static and slow.

Just on train home after that torpid display in a frigid Wembley :(

Skimming through this thread, I can only concur with those who say that Eriksen and Dele need some competition for their spots in the team plus Davies had a bit of a mare too.

Despite that, it still felt like we'd snatch the 3pts in the end but those time wasting fudgers (I wonder how many minutes the ball was actually in play!) managed to cling on to a thoroughly undeserved point... gutted.

Just on train home after that torpid display in a frigid Wembley :(

Skimming through this thread, I can only concur with those who say that Eriksen and Dele need some competition for their spots in the team plus Davies had a bit of a mare too.

Despite that, it still felt like we'd snatch the 3pts in the end but those time wasting fudgers (I wonder how many minutes the ball was actually in play!) managed to cling on to a thoroughly undeserved point... gutted.
One report earlier was tearing into them for time wasting and the ref for not dealing with it
It’s become a legitimate tactic now

The only thing missing was another goal.
No problem with effort shown TBO more the problem playing in Europe in a very tough game then facing a WBA with little ambition other than getting a lucky break and holding on.
Yes they might nicked it but only because we were going for the 3pts.

So we have 1 chance left of winning anything this year, and that is the FA cup. But we'll probably field a weak side and get knocked out in the first game.

We started high and pressing...and that cheap concession on 3 mins killed the game plan. Love love love Sanchez, but having got there he has to simply put the ball out. Hugo flat-footed again!

Agree with assessment of Tripps and Davies, they need to at least try and take their man on otherwise too easy to shut-down. Add that to West Brom shutting Winks down, thus slowing out distribution, and we were left relying on dynamism which we simply didn’t have bar Sonny before he got knackered.

Eriksen was clearly knackered, and I’m sorry, Llorente was poor. Soldado and Janssen got coated for far less, Llorente has to find a way to affect games more.

I would personally have gambled on Aurier today as he is currently one of the very few dynamic players in the squad.

Weird times for Poch and his bench as he clearly does not seem to trust the likes of N’Koudou and Giorgiou. I think we will see Jan window movement. As for Rose not playing, given the size of icebag on his knee post-Dortmund I don’t think it was ever on.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He was in the refs face all game. Rightly booked. He should focus more on the game than the ref.

Not easy when the referee let them get away with everything. I noticed they fouled our players at 25-30 meters 4-5 times and the ref only gave advantage. We still held the ball... Woeful refereeing.

The ref should've booked Foster in the first half for time wasting. Setting the standard straight. Instead he waited till the last 10 minutes. Foster also got away with holding the ball in his hands for like 20-30 seconds. Rules says more than 6 seconds and it is indirect free kick.

I wish the referee had some guts.

Not easy when the referee let them get away with everything. I noticed they fouled our players at 25-30 meters 4-5 times and the ref only gave advantage. We still held the ball... Woeful refereeing.

The ref should've booked Foster in the first half for time wasting. Setting the standard straight. Instead he waited till the last 10 minutes. Foster also got away with holding the ball in his hands for like 20-30 seconds. Rules says more than 6 seconds and it is indirect free kick.

I wish the referee had some guts.
That's irrelevant! Dier should focus on things he can affect! Constantly moaning at the ref will only hurt you, and takes his focus off what matters!

All the refs are total bellends, the game will be much better of when we have a robotic referee that can't get decisions wrong.

Unfortunately our team is so tired now that we have no choice but to name two different teams in there entirety in the next two games. For Leicester I'd go with.

Vorm,
Walker-Peters, Aurier, Foyth, Rose
Lamela, Sissoko, Edwards, Nkoudou
Son
Llorente

And for Watford.

Lloris
Trippier, Sanchez, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies
Winks, Dembele
Eriksen, Dele
Kane

Back