• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Scum OMT ***

Wimmer own goal shouldn't have been given IMO as 2 Arsenal players in an offside position and them being there has forced Wimmer to head the ball so they are interfering with play?
this is true. can't the club make an inquiry? at least to clarify the rules.

[QUOTE="Daisuk, post: 863923, member: 601"]I agree that Janssen looked off the pace. He wasn't good. Still think he'll come good once he's gotten used to the tempo of the league.

I am not sure if its that he is off the pace, I honestly dont think he is good enough for this league. There is no doubt he can score goals, his record last season proves it. His strength and his ability to hold up a ball is excellent, no qualms there whatsoever, but his ability to score is definitely questionable.
The chance v Palace was woeful, but 2nd match so was forgiven, Gillingham he was better, but come on, it was Gillingham. We're now 3 months down the line and he does not seem to be good enough for the level we aspire to be at[/QUOTE]

One of his defences has been the lack of service, however today we showed with movement from the front players the service will come.

He was on the pitch for 20 minutes? and off side three times I think.

You can see him standing in an offside position when the players are looking up.

No. They werent attempting to play the ball - they would have only been attempting to play the ball when the ball went to him

And they didn't impact Wimmer playing the ball; they caused him to play the ball - there's a difference

Its nuts, and the rule needs changing, however by the letter of the law the ref/linesman got it right

Why were they running in the direction of the balls travel? By definition they were attempting to play the ball which is why Wimmer had to get something on it. Thus they did impact Wimmer. Super clear to me. The rules are not being observed.

Rose MOM no doubt.

What a player he has turned into. Amazing energy running up and down the line, and so much passion. He was everywhere.

Spot on. In stoppage time there was a little period where it looked like a few of the players were wimping out of 50/50 tackles, then the ball come out to the touchline and I said to the wife, Danny wont mess about with this, and bang straight in.
Sometimes it gets him in trouble (Stoke fans still boo him now), but you know you get 100% with him, something you cant say about a few in our midfield!

Just to say, I hope EVERYONE who panicked, doubted and doom mongered learnt a lesson today. I am disappointed we didn't win hahahaha, fudge those tossERS always! We are Tottenham and this is Poch. Another tactical masterclass under pressure of injuries, etc...COYS!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If Wednesdays performance didn't leave you feeling despondent, then you must of been watching a different game.

I will leave it there and not use the excellent performance today as a opportunity to have a dig at a fellow fan/s!

No. They werent attempting to play the ball - they would have only been attempting to play the ball when the ball went to him

And they didn't impact Wimmer playing the ball; they caused him to play the ball - there's a difference

Its nuts, and the rule needs changing, however by the letter of the law the ref/linesman got it right
If they caused him to play the ball then they impacted him it's just semantics. Impact doesn't mean contact surely.

Although it means going to work tomorrow with Liverpool top of the league. I can easily live with 2 weeks of 'It's our year' from them, with the nice feeling we didnt lose in the NLD and are still unbeaten.

Good thing I forgot to change my captain for the fantasy team. As soon as I realised I had Sanchez as captain, it was nailed on he would have a quiet game not producing anything.

Good performance. Especially in the second half. Would have taken the draw and disappointed we weren't more clinical for the win. But the real Spurs is there to see. Just need to be more consistent.

So good to have Danny back.

Dembele - when on his game, is there a better centre mid in the league?

Liking three at the back. But need two up top. Would like to see Kane off Jaansen.

COYFS

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back