• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT***

Yesterday’s performance reminded me of a typical AVB Spurs horror show without Bale to bail us out with a 30 yard screamer. Lots of pointless slow passing in front of the opposition as they get themselves nicely set, the whole team gradually edging up too high leaving acres of space for the opposition to exploit and then us being in desperate shape when we lose the ball.

Credit to Saudi Sportswashing Machine though, their press was fantastic and they gave us an absolute lesson there with ours being non-existent. I don’t think we turned over the ball in a dangerous position once so most ‘attacks’ (and I use the term loosely) had to start with our keeper and centre backs. Arsenal, Liverpool and even Chelsea will have a field day against us unless we make a drastic change.

We desperately need a class CMder and Porro needs to.improve drastically defensively for me
Perfect storm of players off form at the moment, Porro gets overlooked but his contribution in attack and defence is really poor at the moment. Like Son and Madders, needs to rediscover his early season touch.

Seen a lot of talk of "it's Ossie again" or "Pep and Klopp had similar struggles". Both are true and Ange could go either way. But he deserves a hell of a lot of time to try.

We are in a very good position overall so he has tonnes of credit in the bank. We were always going to have days like Fulham and today and we will have more of them whether Ange goes the way of Ossie or Pep. Our fanbase seems to swing wildly from ecstasy to despair based on individual results.
Good balance

Of course he is open to critism like anyone but also everything in its own place IMO.

Whoever came in after last season debacle with those manager changes and losing Kane was always gonna have to build this season, none of us have a crystal ball to see what's to come but this season has pretty much played as I expected if not slightly better.

Perfect storm of players off form at the moment, Porro gets overlooked but his contribution in attack and defence is really poor at the moment. Like Son and Madders, needs to rediscover his early season touch.
TBF his change in from has coincided with the change of whose in front of him
But we do miss his brilliance with the ball currently

Reactions: jrh
TBF his change in from has coincided with the change of whose in front of him
But we do miss his brilliance with the ball currently

He is another player who was targetted and repeartedly whacked with no preotection from refs. He and Madders are deffo not fully fit IMO, I think Porro's been carrying a knock for sometime personally and playing through a higher than average for pro opain barrier.

He is another player who was targetted and repeartedly whacked with no preotection from refs. He and Madders are deffo not fully fit IMO, I think Porro's been carrying a knock for sometime personally and playing through a higher than average for pro opain barrier.
Also he is now playing against low blocks every game

We desperately need a class CMder and Porro needs to.improve drastically defensively for me
Palhinha would be a massive massive help. I’d slap down £40/50m down for him this summer, I really think that 6 position is so crucial. Biss’ road is run and I really think we need some mongrel in midfield.

We need someone to get games - and our players - by the scruff of the neck when the spit hits the fan!

Last edited:
Paulinha would be a massive massive help. I’d slap down £40/50m down for him this summer, I really think that 6 position is so crucial. Biss’ road is run and I really think we need some mongrel in midfield.

We need someone to get games - and our players - by the scruff of the neck when the spit hits the fan!
I do like the fact Paulinho is a big unit so that may help with set pieces
His cards are a huge worry and then his age

It’s what Fulham did too except they reversed it as they had more ball
The first goal against us away from home hurts us much much more than it does at home
We crumble way too easily

It simply allows them to not have to worry about less of ball/possession and makes the counter tactic even more relevant.

Howe's sides are always about outworking the opponent, which is why they have huge ups and downs (separate conversation)

The issue for me is we are carrying too many out of form/tired players at the moment and Ange (has to take a little heat here) is trying to play them back into form. Maddison needs to sit, PEH probably needs to start, been that way for a couple of games now.

The biggest issue is leaking goals first half. Yes teams can cancel us out by using a low block. Nothing really new there. 'castle also had two weeks off (?) so could give the game everything and pretend it's a cup final.

If we keep the score at 0-0 by the second half they will tire, and we should make our possession count more.

I don't think there is anything drastically wrong. Just our defending, use of the ball in the middle, better wing play etc etc all the those key small details that we need to develop and improve.

The biggest issue is leaking goals first half. Yes teams can cancel us out by using a low block. Nothing really new there. 'castle also had two weeks off (?) so could give the game everything and pretend it's a cup final.

If we keep the score at 0-0 by the second half they will tire, and we should make our possession count more.

I don't think there is anything drastically wrong. Just our defending, use of the ball in the middle, better wing play etc etc all the those key small details that we need to develop and improve.

First season of new system, been unlucky with injuries and that has led to players struggling to come back and find their early season form. Additionally so many of our players are under 23/24 with first real season in PL, to expect perfect consistency is unrealistic.

Main thing is Ange needs to make sure the wheels don't fall off, we need a response, we need a few results in a very difficult upcoming run.

I do like the fact Paulinho is a big unit so that may help with set pieces
His cards are a huge worry and then his age
28/29 isn't he? We need to bite bullet on someone knows the role though, at moment there are either too mamy learning or some just not able to handle the role IMO.

Get 3 great good years out of him although I agree it goes against Levy usually, but there has to be some change

Last edited:
28/29 isn't he? We need to bite bullet on someone knows the role though, at moment there are either too mamy learning or some just not able to handle the role IMO.

Get 3 great good years out of him although I agree it goes against Levy usually, but there has to be some change
2 good years in 3 because he will be suspended for a third of it
Very good player
I do wonder if he does all the leg work though because LUkic does a lot when they play well

Back