• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT***

It's probably already been mentioned but did anyone else realise that before our next game against Arsenal they still have to play 4 times before that game! Crazy. You just know we'll be flat as a pancake by the time it comes around

Don't worry. We'll just do an Arsenal and have the game postponed till a time that's more convenient for us.

I'd like to see vdv and dragusin for a change. don't think it will happen as ange seems to trust his captains a lot.

Was personally thinking Romero and Dragusin. VDV is fantastic defender when in a foot race, but I thought we also saw his slight inexperience today. The way he’s so easily turned was poor. He dashes in. All the striker has to do is turn and leave VDV sprawling, and be 1-1 with the keeper.

The other player who’s not been good enough for more than just this game is Bissouma.

He’s done nothing wrong, but I also want more from Udogie. He promises so much but needs to deliver more.

You can’t question Werner’s application he steps up time and again. But he has a monkey on his back and should have scored a couple more goals.

I feel the key is our midfield and getting it working better.

And yet we are still 5th with 60 points, last season we finished 8th on 60 points, and yet you are bitching about how we are doing.

Mate, you and your like need to get a grip
Could you expand on what you mean by “you and your like” ? People who have different opinions than yours? Is that what you mean?

Their fans wanted him out
I literally said that earlier
I know who their board even met for the job (even though some people don’t believe that, so I’m not 100% sure why someone would think I would make it up)
But they didn’t bin him. Took some money from the owner and brought more players
And I think levy would keep him if the fans accepted it
I think our fans create the pressure
Booing at half time has returned all ready. That’s not patient fans

But they didn’t get rid of him. They kept Arteta despite all your claims about their fans or the board wanting him out, he’s still at the club! I’m not saying our fans are patient but Arsenal’s aren’t either, certainly not compared to United or Liverpool. Same goes for Chelsea, they are not patient. BUT Arsenal’s hierarchy are clearly more patient than ours hence their track record of not going through umpteen managers in the last 5–10 years like us. I realise the numbers are skewed mainly because of Wenger being there so long but Emery is the only manager they’ve had recently who they canned relatively quickly. Arteta was given time and money.

But they didn’t get rid of him. They kept Arteta despite all your claims about their fans or the board wanting him out, he’s still at the club! I’m not saying our fans are patient but Arsenal’s aren’t either, certainly not compared to United or Liverpool. Same goes for Chelsea, they are not patient. BUT Arsenal’s hierarchy are clearly more patient than ours hence their track record of not going through umpteen managers in the last 5–10 years like us. I realise the numbers are skewed mainly because of Wenger being there so long but Emery is the only manager they’ve had recently who they canned relatively quickly. Arteta was given time and money.
Artetas been given a fortune and more patience by default
Most clubs imo would sack a manager with the investment they have made in him and the lack of trophies. As some one said earlier he won a trophy with a weaker squad.

I’m not making claims by the way about their fans or board wanting him gone. It’s public knowledge. They even had fans start a petition FFS. I actually think Edu is the reason he is still there

Artetas been given a fortune and more patience by default
Most clubs imo would sack a manager with the investment they have made in him and the lack of trophies. As some one said earlier he won a trophy with a weaker squad.

I’m not making claims by the way about their fans or board wanting him gone. It’s public knowledge. They even had fans start a petition FFS. I actually think Edu is the reason he is still there

But wanting to get rid of him and actually doing it are two different things. I wanted to go for a run 3 days this week but I’ve not managed it once. The fact that he’s still there shows they must believe in him. Do you think he’d still be here if he’d achieved league finishes at Spurs that he achieved at Arsenal? Do you think Levy keeps a manager that misses top 4 three seasons in a row?

But wanting to get rid of him and actually doing it are two different things. I wanted to go for a run 3 days this week but I’ve not managed it once. The fact that he’s still there shows they must believe in him. Do you think he’d still be here if he’d achieved league finishes at Spurs that he achieved at Arsenal? Do you think Levy keeps a manager that misses top 4 three seasons in a row?
Honestly…. I doubt it. But I also think if levy did back a manager with this much money he would stick with it more. I also think if we stay in Europe levy is happy as its progress.

They have him the because the6 didn’t find anyone they wanted who wanted the job. Remember when we wanted Etonamd Morientes and didn’t get them so stuck with what we had. It’s the same thing

I’m genuinely intrigued (and we won’t know) how much of the improvement is coaching and how much is signing better players. He didn’t want Saliba and left him well away from the squad. He came back after 2 years and played well pre season and now starts every game. That wasn’t a master plan, it was luck and an opportunity. Things sometimes align

Honestly…. I doubt it. But I also think if levy did back a manager with this much money he would stick with it more. I also think if we stay in Europe levy is happy as its progress.

They have him the because the6 didn’t find anyone they wanted who wanted the job. Remember when we wanted Etonamd Morientes and didn’t get them so stuck with what we had. It’s the same thing

I’m genuinely intrigued (and we won’t know) how much of the improvement is coaching and how much is signing better players. He didn’t want Saliba and left him well away from the squad. He came back after 2 years and played well pre season and now starts every game. That wasn’t a master plan, it was luck and an opportunity. Things sometimes align
Better players make more of a difference than a better coach.

This comes up every fudging time. Yes. We've won 5 points in it: https://thfcdb.com/kits/2023-24-third?tab=matches

No, losing matches has nothing to do with the kit
Someone put a graphic up I think in thus OMT that showed our successful pass completion whilst wearing each of the kits.
I think it was something like:
Home kit - 86%
Away kit - 88%
Third kit - 82%
Could obviously be gonad*s of course.

Someone put a graphic up I think in thus OMT that showed our successful pass completion whilst wearing each of the kits.
I think it was something like:
Home kit - 86%
Away kit - 88%
Third kit - 82%
Could obviously be gonad*s of course.

Or related to the opposition, conditions, our line up.

Or related to the opposition, conditions, our line up.
It's obviously usually only worn away so that ratchets up the difficulty versus the white kit immediately then maybe there's something to be said about the quality of the teams whose home kit happens to be blue.

It's obviously usually only worn away so that ratchets up the difficulty versus the white kit immediately then maybe there's something to be said about the quality of the teams whose home kit happens to be blue.
And the viability of it on the pitch
There were fans complaining about how you can’t see the teams clearly

And the viability of it on the pitch
There were fans complaining about how you can’t see the teams clearly
I did struggle with it but only versus seeing who was a Saudi Sportswashing Machine and who was Spurs but that didn't seem to affect the Saudi Sportswashing Machine players at all. 😅

I think so
Bringing in a world class DM over a good one lifts a lot of the play
They are buying a striker this summer and that can elevate them again
Given the set up and the way we play I'm not overly sure that a top class DM would make much of a difference.

The cause of our issues are punts over the top and out wide, he may stop a few goals, but can't cover everywhere.

He of course may tweak it

But despite our healthy looking goals for tally, we don't look very good going forward either - such a strange season to evaluate, especially given how good we looked for the opening 3rd (?) of it - hopefully this time next season It can be looked back on as a rite of passage
We look good in bursts of about 20 minutes and that is it, we did the same under Conte really, with the difference being we have the ball now v not having the ball for large periods.

Matches tend to to follow the same pattern under Ange, so he must be fairly happy/part of his game plan or else we would be changing it.

Given the set up and the way we play I'm not overly sure that a top class DM would make much of a difference.

The cause of our issues are punts over the top and out wide, he may stop a few goals, but can't cover everywhere.

He of course may tweak it
I've been saying the same over the last few weeks, we are always going to receive counters, we will always have to deal with defensive transitions it's the nature of how we setup and play. It's we have to do the things we are aiming to do better. In offense and defense, it's just that simple. A single DM and the rest stays the same isn't gonna make much difference.

If the board wanted him out then he would’ve been gone. That’s the way it works.

There is no way Levy would keep a manager after two 8th place finishes in a row…. No way!

So they wanted just one single manager more than Arteta? That doesn’t mean they wanted Arteta gone. I’m sure Levy wants Klopp more than Postecoglou, doesn’t mean he wants Postecoglou gone.

‘Didn’t want Saliba’? Or just didn’t want Saliba YET, as he knew he’d not yet be anywhere near good enough for the PL so was better off getting games elsewhere and developing so he could be in the future?

Back