• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine - OMT (Spurs Edition) ***

Defoe hails Harry's magic

Striker insists manager Redknapp is secret to Spurs success

Last Updated: February 10, 2012 9:27am

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe believes Harry Redknapp's presence is the reason Tottenham are in with a chance in the title race.

Third-placed Spurs face more scrutiny than ever as boss Redknapp remains the firm favourite to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager.

And Defoe, who has been a regular feature in Redknapp's teams with the duo combining at West Ham and Portsmouth before joining forces at Spurs, believes the secret to the club's success lies in the dressing room.

Having worked under Redknapp for seven years, Defoe understands his manager's character and the inspiration his methods bring.

Aura

"Some people just have a presence, an aura about them that inspires you to perform," he told The Daily Mirror.

"That's what Harry has. He is one of those managers that wants you to express yourself. To enjoy the game, work hard for the team, stick together and win football matches. It's as simple as that.

"Some people just have a presence, an aura about them that inspires you to perform. That's what Harry has."
Jermain Defoe Quotes of the week

"He always seems to get the best out of his players. Whether it is players coming to the end of their career who come to the club and kick on to another level, or young players who step up.

"It's that presence he has. When you play for him, you know that you have to give him 100 per cent. He always stresses how important it is to realise how important we are in life."

Fantastic

After being given his break by Redknapp at the Hammers academy in 1999 at the age of 16, Defoe still remembers the confidence he was given as a youngster and has hailed Redknapp's faith in using talented players regardless of their age.

"He tells us, 'You are in a fantastic position in your life. You are doing something you love.' And yes, we are living the dream," he added. "He is a top manager."

"I remember when I was at West Ham and the confidence he gave me. No matter how good a player you are, when you have a manager who gives you confidence it makes so much of a difference.

"When I was just 16, I'd be training with the youth team and every day he would call me over and tell me I was training with the first team.

"But Harry likes to give young kids an opportunity to do well. He is one of those managers where it doesn't matter how young you are. If you are good enough you are playing."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7500683/Defoe-hails-Harry-s-magic

Good to read.

I think for every "Harry to England" Tweet, there should be a Spurs player coming out and saying how important he is to Spurs

Harry must be mentally fudged. Hoping his enthusiasm comes across to the boys tomorrow. A point would feel like a defeat at home nowadays!! All credit to Harry for that.

VDV and Gallas not fit; Kaboul and Sandro unlikely to feature either.

Guess it will be:

Friedel

Walker - Daws - King - BAE

Kranjcar - Parker - Modric - Bale

Defoe - Ade

Defoe and Lennon are training and might be fit. King is a per normal, wait and see..... (stolen from another site)

We need to fudging smash the stripes out of Saudi Sportswashing Machine tomorrow... this isn't just about finishing 3rd/4th... it's bigger than that.
We need to send out a message to football, that we will NOT have out season torn to shreds because some fudging hacks make the rules, and suddenly, every 'Praaaad Inglishman' who doesn't happen to support Spurs has gone from tweeting and laughing about Harry's ticks and him going Daaaaahn 4 days ago, to suddenly being his best mate and wanting him to lead their clamry! You can't have it both ways... either Harry is a shady, twitching criminal who dodged the Law, or he isn't!!

I fudging hope harry tells the lot of them to fudge off, then rip his shirt off revealing a giant THFC tattoo with "IT WAS SPURS ALL ALONG" emblazoned on his chest!

...ain't gonna happen though, is it?/

BTW, what's with the swear filter stopping me writing ****erel...? I mean; c o c k e r e l ?? surely shome mishtake?? I get the word '****' isn't ideal, but how can you asterisk our badge? #-o

We need to fudging smash the stripes out of Saudi Sportswashing Machine tomorrow... this isn't just about finishing 3rd/4th... it's bigger than that.
We need to send out a message to football, that we will NOT have out season torn to shreds because some fudging hacks make the rules, and suddenly, every 'Praaaad Inglishman' who doesn't happen to support Spurs has gone from tweeting and laughing about Harry's ticks and him going Daaaaahn 4 days ago, to suddenly being his best mate and wanting him to lead their clamry! You can't have it both ways... either Harry is a shady, twitching criminal who dodged the Law, or he isn't!!

I fudging hope harry tells the lot of them to fudge off, then rip his shirt off revealing a giant ****erel tattoo with "IT WAS SPURS ALL ALONG" emblazoned on his chest!
...ain't gonna happen though, is it

If I was GHod I would definitely make this happen!!

If we only have Defoe and Lennon back I wonder if any of the youngsters (Luongo, Lancaster etc) will make the bench again?

Harry said Azza 'is looking sharp' and JD 'has trained well over the last couple of days'. Ledley King was also training this morning.
On the down side, Rafa van der Vaart (calf), Younes Kaboul (knee) and Sandro (calf) are all 'struggling', according to Harry.

scaled.php

sandro really has to cut out the martial art youtube vids. Cant be good for his calves and hammys

Back