• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs S.L. Benfica OMT ***

Lets try and win a cup. Football is about winning, we have nothing else to play for, I want to win a cup again in my lifetime.

Diamonds are forever

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Sandro
Paulinho --- Bentaleb
Eriksen
Soldado Adebayor​

No diamond thank you, we're already useless at playing the ball in congested areas without limiting our options by playing narrow anyway.

Wonky all the way please Tim

I'd rather win this game, it's more important. That said, I believe a good performance and result tomorrow will do as much for the team going into the Arsenal game as resting them all would.

I think that now Kaboul has had the Red Card vs Chelsea rescinded, I would make sure he is ready to play on Sunday and not risk him in this game.
If we have to play Walker or Fryers at CB, so be it. At least Walker has the pace and is ok in the air. With Verts next to him, he might just be coached through the game ok.

I think a draw wouldn't be the worse result for us; we can go gung-ho over there imo.
We need to make sure we have enough in the tank for the Goons.

My team:

Lloris

Naughton Walker Verts Fryers/Rose

Sandro Bentaleb

Eriksen
Lennon Siggy

Soldado

Save Ade, Kaboul, Paulinho, Townsend for Sunday

I'd rather win this game, it's more important. That said, I believe a good performance and result tomorrow will do as much for the team going into the Arsenal game as resting them all would.

I agree. Beat Benfica and we could win the Europa. Much better than finishing 4th.

1 game at a time.

------------------Lloris--------------------

Walker----Kaboul-----Vertonghen---Rose

Lennon----Sandro-----Dembele----Eriksen

----------Adebayor----Soldado-------------

I think that now Kaboul has had the Red Card vs Chelsea rescinded, I would make sure he is ready to play on Sunday and not risk him in this game.
If we have to play Walker or Fryers at CB, so be it. At least Walker has the pace and is ok in the air. With Verts next to him, he might just be coached through the game ok.

I think a draw wouldn't be the worse result for us; we can go gung-ho over there imo.
We need to make sure we have enough in the tank for the Goons.

Verts & Kaboul have had plenty of down time this season....I think they should be good for thurs & Sunday. and the more they play together the better they will be vs goons....hopefully.

Verts & Kaboul have had plenty of down time this season....I think they should be good for thurs & Sunday. and the more they play together the better they will be vs goons....hopefully.

Agree re Verts, but do you trust Kaboul's injury record? Do you REALLY want to see Fryers or Walker alongside Verts against Arsenal??

Agree re Verts, but do you trust Kaboul's injury record? Do you REALLY want to see Fryers or Walker alongside Verts against Arsenal??

No not really but I think it would be better to keep a consistent back 4 for both games.

I fully appreciate the risk of Kaboul but its one for the reasons mentioned that I would take.

Its madness some are even talking about rotating and prioritizing. Anyone would think we were in four competitions!

We have two games left to save our season, the first of which represents our only chance of winning something. Even if you count finishing fourth as 'winning' something, the odds are still very much against us,no matter what happens on Sunday.

Yes, Kaboul is likely to get injured again but the thought of Walker/Fryers in the centre of defence against the Goons fills me with dread only slightly more than it does against Benfica.

As Diego said ' One game at a time...........'

Its madness some are even talking about rotating and prioritizing. Anyone would think we were in four competitions!

We have two games left to save our season, the first of which represents our only chance of winning something. Even if you count finishing fourth as 'winning' something, the odds are still very much against us,no matter what happens on Sunday.

Yes, Kaboul is likely to get injured again but the thought of Walker/Fryers in the centre of defence against the Goons fills me with dread only slightly more than it does against Benfica.

As Diego said ' One game at a time...........'

Absolutely this.

We should field or strongest available team tonight against Benfica then see who's left standing for Sunday's match against the Squatters.

I can see us getting a proper footballing lesson tonight followed by another 3 more by the end of this month.

i hope Djuricic plays for them tonight, top young talent they signed in the summer from Heerenveen iirc

[video=youtube;hNXLKzt2rT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXLKzt2rT0[/video]

Back