• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ FK OMT ***

Re the squad that travels - there's a 25 man European squad which we have to choose from (no unnamed u21s like in the EPL) and taking suspension/injuries in to account it means we'll have to take a few of Sunday's XI regardless

- that's paraphrased from elsewhere, don't know how true it is but it makes sense.

Also read an ITK saying Walker Rose Dembele Lamela are the ones staying at home

Re the squad that travels - there's a 25 man European squad which we have to choose from (no unnamed u21s like in the EPL) and taking suspension/injuries in to account it means we'll have to take a few of Sunday's XI regardless

- that's paraphrased from elsewhere, don't know how true it is but it makes sense.

FBs make sense as they won't be starting, as does Dembele with his hip (he will partner Dier in CM on Sunday). Lamela must not be fit yet.

I'd like to think even if Kane, Dier and Eriksen are taken then they will be on the bench, Kane especially, he works his nuts off and needs a rest.

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 4m4 minutes ago
Baku bound! @Ben_Davies33, @ericdier, @dele_alli & @Lukemcgee1 prepare to board. #COYS

CUpbJ_VWIAA2oZe.jpg

0 retweets1 like

Whilst I agree we should be resting players for this, I think the attitude of 'our kids/second string should get a result anyway' is unbelievably arrogant/ignorant. I'd personally be expecting a defeat with a totally rotated team

True, but I'd take a loss on Thursday for a win on Sunday, but what ever happens some people will be unhappy unless we win both.

It's not correct. There's a maximum of 25 players allowed on "List A" - we only named 23. There's no limit on the number of players allowed on "List B" (basically u21s that have been with the club for 2 years). The List B players named on UEFA's website are McGee, Bentaleb, Onomah & Winks. We can add eligible players to List B at any time up to 24.00CET on the day before the match.

Hmmm... based on that expect to see a fairly strong side.

--------------------------Lloris---------------------

Trippier----Alderweireld----Wimmer---Davies

--------------------Dier-------Mason------------------

-Onomah/Townsend------Alli-------------Eriksen

--------------------------Son------------------------

Actually... looks like Clinton is in the squad (not in the excluded list). So that's good news. Clinton, Alli and Eriksen behind Son?

I think he will rest Kane. Not start him at least.

I think anyone expecting us not to take a strong squad to Baku can't have been paying attention. Progression in the EL is regarded as important, and Pochettino will want to ensure it at the earliest opportunity. He'll worry more about Chelsea afterwards.

I think anyone expecting us not to take a strong squad to Baku can't have been paying attention. Progression in the EL is regarded as important, and Pochettino will want to ensure it at the earliest opportunity. He'll worry more about Chel53a afterwards.

I expected Poch to take a strong squad but it's not what I wanted. Heyho. I just hope it's not a repeat of the Fiorentino and Chelscum results of last year.

Have any of you guys actually had a look at Azerbaijan on the map? Considering how near it is to Syria, Iran and Iraq how the heck is that country in UEFA? I mean seriously? And by the way did you know that neighbouring Turkmenistan is actually a real country?

Back