• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ FK OMT ***

I wouldnt let anyone who is gonna be in the matchday squad on Sunday on the plane.
But I reckon Poch will end up only leaving one or two behind.
Couldanyone here work that works for the government get our first team on a no fly list for a while?

We nearly won something yeah, but the main reason we didn't was because we were exhausting our players in the EL 3 days earlier.

IMO it was not resting players against West Ham the few days before that (that 1 point made no different at all).

We should have rested a couple more against West Ham this weekend just gone too IMO, as that was the easiest and least important of the 3 matches this week

The 3 cups are all winnable, and things we should be prioritising. Look how the LC has opened up this season. We would be serious contenders now if we'd played Lloris over Vorm against Arsenal

Kids only please. I don't give a flying fudge about the EL until the knockout stages. We should be good enough to win with our second string and kids. If not, it doesn't say much about our strength in depth. Don't want Lloris, Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Son or Kane to even travel.

If we don't win, so be it. We can rectify it against Monaco. If we can't beat Monaco at home, we don't have a hope in this competition anyway.

Our coach laughs in the face of our fixture schedule's....We are Tottenham...we have double training sessions before breakfast....before the sparrows start a guffing in the morning!!

Play the first team....romp to a shaky win....meet the locals....wave goodbye.....get on the plane and get another double training session in on the first class section of the plane....

and then on to Chelsea...

In all seriousness I think it would be wise to rest some key players with Sunday lunchtime in mind....

We can't win the league when there are 3 teams paying £100-150m pa in wages more than us.

Monaco are a good side and our group is very tight. We'd be setting ourselves up for another dead rubber spring - players already on the beaches/nothing to care about apart from our usual (pointless) 5th/6th battle with Liverpool
What team have you been watching this season???

I'd probably go for a little bit of both.

I'd leave some of the senior pros who are unlikely to feature from the bench at home: Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Walker, Dier, Eriksen, Dembele

Then play an XI that's a balance of senior pros and hungry squad players with key players on the bench. That's enough cover should we get in trouble

-------------------Lloris---------
Trippier--Wimmer--Fazio (gulp)--Davies
-------Carroll-------Bentaleb--------
Andros----Mason---------Onomah
--------------Njie---------

Bench: Vorm, Winks, Kane, Sonny, Lamela, Rose (if injury to CB, bring on Rose and move Davies to CB)

I'd leave some of the senior pros who are unlikely to feature from the bench at home: Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Walker, Dier, Eriksen, Dembele

Then play an XI that's a balance of senior pros and hungry squad players with key players on the bench. That's enough cover should we get in trouble

Bench: Vorm, Winks, Kane, Sonny, Lamela, Rose (if injury to CB, bring on Rose and move Davies to CB)

Alli is suspended on Sunday, so he might as well play on Thursday and Njie is injured. I'd be tempted to play Lamela and Son as Lamela sat out Sunday's game and Son has not played a lot of games recently.

IMO it was not resting players against West Ham the few days before that (that 1 point made no different at all

That makes no sense, because they would still have needed to play against Fiorentina on the Thursday and then only have two days rest before Chelsea. That's the real killer. The West Ham match was during the weekend, we already recovered from that.

The 3 cups are all winnable, and things we should be prioritising. Look how the LC has opened up this season. We would be serious contenders now if we'd played Lloris over Vorm against Arsenal
And we might not have won against City if we didn't put the B-team out against Arse.

Our coach laughs in the face of our fixture schedule's....We are Tottenham...we have double training sessions before breakfast....before the sparrows start a guffing in the morning!!

Play the first team....romp to a shaky win....meet the locals....wave goodbye.....get on the plane and get another double training session in on the first class section of the plane....

and then on to Chel53a...

In all seriousness I think it would be wise to rest some key players with Sunday lunchtime in mind....
Guffing, I googled it.

"guffing. Lip syncing with a song on a web video. That kid guffing the Cardigans is such a homo"

ok, my pick.

Lloris - don't need to rotate the goalkeeper imo.

Trippier - usual Europa rotation.
Wimmer - I think he could do with a game and this isn't a must win, so we can take the risk.
Fazio - I think he could do with a game and this isn't a must win, so we can take the risk.
Davies - usual Europa rotation.

Dier - we don't have a natural replacement, but he seems like a bit of a machine. Be the first one to sub if we end up cruising the game.
Alli - he's suspended for Chelsea, so give him 90 minutes

Lamela - don't think he played much in the international break (??) and missed the W.Ham game. He can handle two starts in a row, he is super fit. Maybe sub him for Onomah after 70 mins or so.
Carroll - play him as the number 10. Not ideal, bu he has a decent amount of experience behind him and should be able to do ok against this level of opposition.
Townsend - should be raring to go for a full 90 mins.

Son - means we have some quality upfront, and I'd have him on the bench for Chelsea. He'd be the 3rd sub to make if we have any left in the bank during the game.

Sub bench would be Vorm, and kids. Leave everyone else at home.

So for Chelsea (fully rested players in bold).

-------------lloris
walker-----toby----vert----rose
---------dier-----dembele
--lamela-----mason-----eriksen
--------------kane

8 players fully rested, Lloris is a goalkeeper who can easily handle two quick games, Lamela has hardly played the past couple of weeks so he'll be fine...the only worry would be Dier. But I think the selection gives a decent balance of resting players and trying to win the game.

That works for me totally

Actually if injury to CB I would consider giving CCV a run out

Back