• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Player wise utd are not average, only deluded Spurs fans have convinced themselves that they are. LVG has not had them playing with the intensity they are capable of but I guess having lost at home to Arsenal, LVG gave them a rocket up their arse and they are producing the goods they are capable of producing today. That coupled with our awful defending has screwed us. Part of the problem is that Chadli doesn't defend well so why play Townsend who is similarly rubbish in that area and hardly adds anything offensively.

I think they have a couple of excellent players on the pitch, but they have served up very average football this season. We are making them look good, they haven't turned into Bayern Munich in a week.

Bentaleb and Dier FFS

Can you seriously pick out only them, okay, 2 big mistakes but the whole team was below a shambles, Utd were good but had to do very little to score. We were just outclassed by a far better team and far hungrier players. You could see in the first 10mins that we didn't believe we could get a result here and its embarrassing to be labelled a top 4 contender when you can't even contend a 45min half. No moment of quality under pressure, we just collapsed. Lesson learned for Poch here big time.

Cant remember all on bench but I'd bring on Davies at LB and move Rose to LW to get some sort of attacking threat

[Id OTE="the dza, post: 679760, member: 2736"]Worst half of football I can remember this season. We look shot, so make 3 subs and freshen it up, try to just win the 2nd half, even if it's 1 nil.[/QUOTE]

I'd take winning a tackle

Well done boys. The juju from this thread killed us. How the hell spurs fans can be overconfident I'll never know.

Come on lads lets win the second half at least

Bloody turgid. Sigh.

A classic example of what individual horror shows can do to a team so dependent on the whole transcending the sum of its parts. Walker was abject, but we all know that now: it's clear enough for all to see. However, Townsend was pretty horrific as well, giving zero cover to the clearly struggling Walker out wide and losing the ball instantly when he did get it. I wasn't surprised when Dembele came on for him, really. The team depends on every player carrying his weight: when the opposition blast away at an entire weak flank (and it was clearly a deliberate tactic, given the endless number of times the ball was pumped up to Young and Fellaini with Rooney drifting right), everything collapses. Players run from positions to make up for the errors of another player, and leave spaces that clever opponents can exploit, and that creates a cascade effect where more goals are conceded and more panic spreads. The peak was reached with that comedy of f*cking errors that led to the third goal: four players on one, all panicking and backtracking against Rooney: and once that goal went in, all pretense of competing folded and we just wandered around feeling sorry for ourselves.

And, in terms of the opposition,we're not man-for-man as good as United: they've spent far too much, and again, are miles more technically skilled than us, a fact which seems curiously underappreciated by most Spurs fans. Sure, they don't do much with that technical skill beyond blast it out wide, but that's all they needed to beat us because of Walker/Townsend's utter horror shows and our panic and loss of composure as a result of that.

Win the second half - that's an objective that will at least somewhat make up for this catastrophic blunder of a first forty-five.

Hopefully LVG will tell them to just defend the 3-0 lead, at least then we will avoid a pummelling.

I'm a fan of his but Walker's display has been one of the worst I can recall from a Tottenham full back. And I've been supporting Spurs for 31 years.

Let's start with not conceding anymore. I missed a lot of that half but when I got in I saw the goals. Dier has been awful from the highlights. Poor kid. vertonghen needs to keep talking to him. Let's hope experiences like this make him better.

Smalling absolutely dominating Kane

Chadli and Townsend have not tracked back properly all season.
Lamela for all his faults would be much better out there.

Dier and Vertonghen no organisation as usual. Defence is much better with Fazio in it.
Bentaleb and Mason. There should have sorted out between them that Bentaleb should be on the left tracking Fellani not Mason.
Walker is fudging lost.

Look at the options on the bench Chiriches? He's no better. Why have him on the bench if he isnt gonna sub him on.

Second half 433/451 with Dembele properly in the middle. Benaleb and Lamela to his right sorting out that side. Chadli has to come off.

Finally Rose has had a good game.

Said it all season, but our midfield is simply not close to good enough. They don't protect the defce and eg been awful Derek emu all season and they don't create in attack or feed the creative players and we barely create anything. Lloris eriksen and kane have papered over how bad weve been this season. Fooled a lot of people though!

Back