• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

I am curious as to who will play right back for them today, I also hope Evra plays because defensively he is on the downward curve. Hopefully Lennon and Bale will give us a lot of joy

Is Rafael DEFINITELY ruled out, he'll probably still play

I am curious as to who will play right back for them today, I also hope Evra plays because defensively he is on the downward curve. Hopefully Lennon and Bale will give us a lot of joy

Fergie is very good at helping the fullbacks. Lennon had one game when he had complete mastery over Evra, but could never repeat it. Also expect lots of early fouls on Bale and Lennon spread out among the United defenders and midfielders. They are very good at that and can probably get 5-6 "free" fouls before any cards are given.

Bar the 3 teams that came up this season. It wouldnt surprise me if we are the only team from the other 16 who havent beaten United in the last 20 years.

Statto...your'e on

We've beaten them 3 times in the PL, just none at Old Trafford.

IMO, the start of our decline from the 1990s are largely due to ManU ! Off all the teams, they have fecked us the most, on and off the field. Losing Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov to them was a huge setback which took years for us to recover from. It seemed like everytime we had a decent team, they came and destroyed it ! And we lost to them far too many times in crucial league and Cup matches. The most annoying part is they unfairly beat us too many times, either due to the blunders of the referee or by cheating ! Well, it is time for us to stop all that and take overdue revenge on them.

We are more than capable of beating them if we can overcome the mental barrier. Our poor record to them over the years means, there is always the fear of losing to them. If we can overcome the fear and play with confidence, there is no reason why we cannot beat them. Almost all the teams in the PL have beaten them over the years. Now it is time for us to do that as well.

I would prefer Lloris starting in goal largely because he is still fresh and has not tasted defeat to ManU. Friedel is so used to losing to ManU and might get mentally affected by that poor record. But just can't see AVB dropping Friedel and so hope he puts up his best form in goal. I also would prefer starting Dawson in defence instead of Caulker. ManU might try to expose the inexperience of Caulker and Naughton. The experience of Gallas and Dawson will be more usefull in centre defence with Vertongham starting in place of Naughton. How great it will be if we can keep stop ManU scoring !

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. I think our performance will depend on how Dembele and Sandro play in midfield. They were poor against QPR. But if they can win the midfield battle against ManU, we would have won half the battle. It will then allow Bale and Lennon to support Defoe and Dempsey in attack. We will need a 5-star performance from our attacking players to hurt ManU. We cannot afford to miss too many chances as we won't get many against ManU. Hope Defoe continue his goal scoring run.

AVB and his team have a chance to put their name in Spurs folklore if they can beat ManU. AVB will be an absoulte Spurs legend if he can guide us to beat ManU. Surely, AVB will want to be remembered as a Spurs legend in Spurs' long history and not just another ABC who have failed to beat ManU over the years ! Hope AVB and the team won't disappoint us and beat ManU for once !

Last edited:
Everybody dance now!

Very nervous about this match, as usual. Just hope we can change history by beating ManU for once !

I've had two bottles of red already. I now have the dilemma of powering through until kick off at 4.30am or taking a power-nap.

What annoys me about either option is the horrible inevitability of rolling onto our backs so United can rub our bellies. They might even let us go 4 up to make things spicy.

Nani has moved a step closer to the Old Trafford exit after an incident which ended with him landing a blow on a young Manchester United team-mate.

Words were exchanged between Nani and reserve team midfielder Davide Petrucci after a training ground challenge at Carrington.

Nani later called the 20-year-old Italian over in the gym and the rest of the squad thought the pair would talk through their differences, but they were said to be stunned when Nani appeared to land a punch on Petrucci.

Other players quickly stepped in to prevent further trouble.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is still said to be considering what disciplinary action to take against the frustrated Portugal winger, who was hauled off at half-time against Liverpool last week following an abject first-half performance.

Ferguson is believed to be fuming over the incident, which took place earlier this week and will only harden his resolve to offload Nani at the first opportunity.

A £25million deal to sell him to Zenit St Petersburg in the summer fell through because his 'unreal' wage demands put off the Russian club.

It is believed that Nani wants to run down his contract, which has almost two years left, after United refused his request for a new deal worth £130,000 a week.

The 25-year-old has cut an increasingly frustrated figure, having failed to make any impression this season.

He was booked less than two minutes into United's first game of the season at Everton and then upset Ferguson by missing a penalty against Galatasaray last week.

He is expected to be in the squad to face Tottenham today but only because first-choice right winger Antonio Valencia has been ruled out with an ankle injury.

The Valencia blow adds to United's problems after captain Nemanja Vidic was ruled out for eight weeks following more surgery on his injured right knee.

'I don't think Nemanja was ever 100 per cent,' said Ferguson. 'I noticed a couple of times in training that he was limping and then he started feeling tightness in his knee.

The main operation was to correct the cruciate ligament but there is always the danger that the cartilage is also damaged and that was the case.'

Sportsmail contacted United on Friday night but they declined to comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2210264/EXCLUSIVE-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-fumes-Nani-winger-punches-reserve-midfielder-Davide-Petrucci.html

Another top piece of journalism.

I think we need a proper Sandro performance tonight if we are to get anything out of the game, San Siro style

Or Dembele, Old Trafford style.

This will be his 6th league game this season, two of them against Norwich and two at OT.

Really hope the lads can turn in a good display against Utd today, they aren't exactly playing great football and can be beaten. It'll all come down to whether AVB can be the one who makes them believe they can win, because we have the talent.

I remember the last time we won at OT - I was watching it on Teletext in Radio Rentals.

-----------Lloris

Walker--Gallas--Verts--Naughton

----Sig---Sandro---Dembele

---Lennon--Ade---Bale

I'd fill Ade with cortisone to get him on the pitch for this one.

Really hope the lads can turn in a good display against Utd today, they aren't exactly playing great football and can be beaten. It'll all come down to whether AVB can be the one who makes them believe they can win, because we have the talent.

agree - it comes down to how the players are prepared mentally.

I have changed my mind and would play Lloris for this one. He could play a blinder and make the difference to the scoreline

COYS

Back