• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Fergie is a complete tool. He has bigged us up for years knowing it was a guaranteed 3 points. Now its changed he cant accept it with grace.

YES CLINT!!!! Awesome picture. So glad he's scored as well.

Totally. On Wednesday night I questioned whether he looked like he wanted to be here. That image above fills me full of pride and hopefully shows I was way off the mark.
The first of many hopefully

:eek:

0dKJ9.png

Scholes at 70 is still an absolute don. Don't know why we left him alone for so long but he is still a don.

Still buzzing. I enjoyed watching it on MotD more than I did live which was absolute fudging torture.
I had to leave the room after Bales goal and stick my head around the door at regular intervals to check the score.

I must be getting to old to be a Yid.

Blinding win and SO proud of AVB and all the players and the travelling Yids.

Did us proud.

Counted down every single minute from the 65th minute,(adding on 5 for stoppage time), it definitely was torture, every minute felt like a lifetime

Counted down every single minute from the 65th minute,(adding on 5 for stoppage time), it definitely was torture, every minute felt like a lifetime

I was sat with my parents and had to apologise for my language afterwards. Players legs getting tired is one thing but I couldn't believe my eyes watching fresh legged Siggy and Hudd melt into the back line and watch Scoles and Carrick maraude around the midfield. Lucky doesn't come close and despite an historic win, we need to work out a game of football is played over 90 minutes. Lets not forget that our defending has gone the same way in a few games now

Would have much preferred Lineker hosting instead of Gabby Logan last night. I enjoyed motd greatly last night of course but it's pretty fudging sterile and awkward with Gabby, Hansen and Mick Mccarthy

Would have much preferred Lineker hosting instead of Gabby Logan last night. I enjoyed motd greatly last night of course but it's pretty fudging sterile and awkward with Gabby, Hansen and Mick Mccarthy

They probably barred him from hosting last night to stop him smiling throughout, he would have loved being on there last night

By the way, if you still use BBC as a reliable source for match stats, well just don't.

They had the possession down as Utd 48-52 Spurs, when infact it was Utd 74-26 Spurs :lol:

By the way, if you still use BBC as a reliable source for match stats, well just don't.

They had the possession down as Utd 48-52 Spurs, when infact it was Utd 74-26 Spurs :lol:

I noticed that too. Couldnt believe it, there was a stage in the 2nd half it was 86-14 to United...and I thought the 14% flattered us at that point!

Re: Heroes!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my GHod. Oly spurs fans can be negative after yesterday. I really do hate the fact the Internet has exposed me to such people... Deary me. We were lucky? We got a bit of a luck yeah, but we were still the better team over all. Man U seem to dominate us way more then we did them, yet WE had 52% possession overall... We dominated them for 45 minutes, there was 15 minutes of equali insanity then they dominated us for 30 minutes.

Bt who gives a fudge either way? How do you be negative. It WAS an amazing performance. Our attacking play and defensive play in the first half was perfect. The second half we showed a spirit I've probably never seen at old Trafford (or anywhere). The previous 23 years, when that first goal for them goes in we would have absolutely buckled.yesterday we got that extra goal.

It was an amazing performance... I really do wish negative spurs fans would just fudge off and shut up, because they don't stop spouting their crap

Just a small point but wasn't it good to see Spurs play yesterday in white shirts and navy blue shorts?

just reading that report back at the top of the page - i still can't believe after Nani scored to make it 2-1 that it is US that went on to win the game!

Amazing ! Unbelievable ! Still find it hard to believe we have actually overcome the jinx and beaten ManU at their own place ! This is what I wanted us to do for so long, beat ManU for once ! Of all our rivals, I hate ManU the most. So naturally, for us to beat them and overcome the jinx after waiting for so long is really sweet ! It feels like we have just won a Cup ! Well done and thanks AVB and the team !=D> Hope we will now go on to beat them in every match we play against them !

I always knew we could beat them as other teams have done over the years ! We only needed to overcome the fear and believe in our own ability. I think where the previous managers failed, AVB managed to instill self confidence and believe in themselves. The way we started the 1st half clearly showed the players started to believe they can beat the ManU jinx. We played really well and should have scored more than the 2 goals. After scoring his first goal for us against Carlisle, I think Vertonghen was full of confidence to score against ManU. It was a key moment to score our first goal as it settled us down. But I think they key goal for us was our second goal by Bale. The 2-0 lead boosted our confidence and put pressure on ManU. It was a great individual goal by Bale. I don't think we could have won this match had not for the 2nd goal. I think our 2nd goal eventually won the match for us.

After doing so well in the 1st half, a bit disappointed with our 2nd half performance. I think conceding 2 goals inside 8 mins after the restart put the pressure on us. We probably would have done better had we not conceded the 2nd goal immediately after Dempsey scored our 3rd. But after losing to them so many times over the years, it is understandable the players begun to fear losing again. We completely lost our form after that and started to defend only. We had a few chances to get another goal but no one was supporting Defoe in attack, especially late in the match. Wish Bale or Lennon had supported Defoe more in the 2nd half as we could have took advtantage of ManU getting desperate for goal.

Disappointed with our defending for both their goals. I thought Friedel could have done better for the first goal as it went under him. I think a younger goalie could have got to that. But due credit for Friedel for making a few crucial saves in the 2nd half. Our defending for their 2nd goal was really poor as well. We should have closed down their attack better. We need to improve our defending if we want to achieve something this season.

AVB and the whole team deserves full credit for this win. But I think special mention should be given to Dembele and Sandro who managed to control the midfield in the 1st half and helped us to defend the lead in the 2nd half. Due credit also for Bale for scoring a great goal and creating another 2 goals. Vertonghen and Dempsey scored at the right moment for us as well. We could have done better in defending but we did well for most of the 2nd half when needed.

Well, if we can overcome the ManU jinx and beat them at their own place after 23 years, we can beat anyone, anywhere ! Hope this win boost our confidence for the rest of our matches. Now no one can doubt AVB will be remembered as a Spurs legend for overcoming the ManU jinx ! Again, well done AVB and the team.=D>

just reading that report back at the top of the page - i still can't believe after Nani scored to make it 2-1 that it is US that went on to win the game!

Yes totally. Same with the QPR game. We never used to 'win lucky' or hold out like we did yesterday. We may have had some good fortune but its the old adage, you make your own luck. In other words this team has ability and strength, maybe more than in the past. Would have liked us to stand up to their midfield more 2nd half, we just backed off, our midfield looked completely lost. But unlike the devastatingly disappointing games against manu in the past where we've led, this time we came out with the win!

Jesus- that was stressful. I was nervous and had a bit of a shake to me. I could barely watch and actually turned the telly off from the 75-85 minute.

Well, how nervous was the 2nd half ! I couldn't handle the pressure after the 86th min and went to spend long time in toilet for the match to finish. But when I came back the match was in 3rd min of injury time. Was very relieved to know we were poised to win !

So let me get this right, AVB celebrates the win (which I might add is not over the top in the slightest) we are getting mocked for it for being small time. Yet Mourinho runs almost the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal and all is cool ?

Frankly, hating someone for the sake of just doing it, is beyond a joke now.

having watched the highlights again today, we've got some work to do defensively.

it was a great, great win and we need to back it up against Villa, but we did have some (deserved) luck and it won't always be like that. need to tighten up.

Back