• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Luton OMT***

We need to beat the lower teams and anything we get against the top 6 are a bonus. We beat who we should be beating and get some results against the better teams that is enough to get top 4 imo.

We've played Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Don't let under expectation ruin your weekends either! COYS!

I was aiming for realistic. I’m not about to say we will flatten Luton - just as we did not flatten Sheffield nor Bournemouth.

They will probably park the van.

yeah they will play low block and try to counter, they won't (can't) hold on to the ball. Hope we practiced going round the outside and whipping balls in, Liverpool showed what we'd be facing with a team that knows what it's facing.

We can relax when score

Would've loved to see a game at Kenilworth. We will win this, surely? I think we will. 5-1! :)

Its amazing that Stadium has not changed in 40 years. I know they just rebuilt the Green Houses because they had to and they didnt do much. But Damn! what a dump.

Strongest starting team as in most fit and physically strong too.

I'd let Hojberg start this one and bring Bissouma to face tired legs.

I think Son's minor injury looks serious and would rest him. Not sure if LW or CB is Richys best position but he needs to be more unpredictable to get the ball in crowded areas.

I think Son's minor injury looks serious and would rest him. Not sure if LW or CB is Richys best position but he needs to be more unpredictable to get the ball in crowded areas.

I wouldn't bench Bissouma unless a serious risk of injury is present. His ability to drive forward with the ball breaking lines even against teams that sit back could be rather useful.

An argument for Hojbjerg over Sarr perhaps? Not an ideal game for Sarr as there won't be much space. Hojbjerg is a good passer when he gets a bit of time and space against a low block. But I would probably rather give Porro and Udogie even more freedom to get forward and keep Sarr to balance things.

I think the discussion between starting Son and hoping that we get the goal(s) early enough to take him off while ahead compared to keeping him on the bench to come on if needed is interesting.

Obviously if we get the early-ish goal(s) it's all nice and dandy. But there's also the risk that we end up with 30 minutes left needing a goal and having to take Son off along with the increased risk of worsening his injury.

I don't think there is a clear cut right answer. Particularly from the outside. Will be interesting to see what Ange does on that. I'll support his decision either way.

Edit: If the situation is that to fully recover Son needs a couple of weeks without playing/starting and the international break wont provide that chance or won't be a long enough time for that we heve to rest him at some point surely. We can't just keep risking him, playing on the edge, until he gets a worse injury.

Would be better games in terms of other players being available to start (Gil, Johnson). But in terms of the opposition we won't get many better chances to do that.

I think the discussion between starting Son and hoping that we get the goal(s) early enough to take him off while ahead compared to keeping him on the bench to come on if needed is interesting.

Obviously if we get the early-ish goal(s) it's all nice and dandy. But there's also the risk that we end up with 30 minutes left needing a goal and having to take Son off along with the increased risk of worsening his injury.

I don't think there is a clear cut right answer. Particularly from the outside. Will be interesting to see what Ange does on that. I'll support his decision either way.

Edit: If the situation is that to fully recover Son needs a couple of weeks without playing/starting and the international break wont provide that chance or won't be a long enough time for that we heve to rest him at some point surely. We can't just keep risking him, playing on the edge, until he gets a worse injury.

Would be better games in terms of other players being available to start (Gil, Johnson). But in terms of the opposition we won't get many better chances to do that.
ange knows best.
that said, didn't son undergo surgery for the groin injury already?

Interesting and bold idea, but not sure I'd go with Richy at Centre back. But what do I know. He could be brilliant!

Son and Maddison available

Luton v Tottenham (Sat, 12:30 BST)

090b5b10-437a-467b-9fa1-16808ae8d27c.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou on who is fit for Saturday's game at Luton: "The main one for us this week has been Manor Solomon during training got a significant injury to his knee.

"He'll miss a few significant games in the upcoming months. that's disappointing as he was contributing to us and growing in his role, with Ivan Perisic already down, it's not ideal when you lose another player in that position.

"Brennan Johnson was close but he's not quite 100%, with the international break we're hoping he'll get that time to be available straight after.

"From last week, everyone is fine. Sonny [Son Heung-min] fine, he trained last two days, he's got no problems.

"No one's wrapped in cotton wool its only barbed wires and uncomfortable uniforms. They all train hard. Maddison trained all week, he hasn't missed a session."

Back