• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Luton OMT***

It's not as simple as to do with how tired players are though. You can't just play the same team every game week in week out because we are going to get injuries and suspensions and then be asking players to come in from the cold and perform who have barely had any minutes. And not just that but the squad cohesion element - Ange will want to make squad members feel part of the setup. Without Europe, we are going to have to give some game time to some squad players in league games and I'm not taking Luton lightly at all but this is the type of opposition where we must be considering this. Not wholesale changes, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a couple rotated.....

It's an international break coming up. Don't see any reason to rotate. If we are winning well, bring on subs early to get them game time.

It's an international break coming up. Don't see any reason to rotate. If we are winning well, bring on subs early to get them game time.
Agree, we may need long shots from madders and porro. But it would be fun to see what Veliz can do with the best players around him

Agree, we may need long shots from madders and porro. But it would be fun to see what Veliz can do with the best players around him

If veliz has been outstanding in training. Then there would be an argument to start him. Just think ange should start the best team he can.

If veliz has been outstanding in training. Then there would be an argument to start him. Just think ange should start the best team he can.

Absolutely he should. This isn't a gimme and we aren't weighed down with fixtures. Strongest XI we can put out there. We're not so good that we can start taking games like this for granted.

another one?

how many fudging pointless games do they need?

put a strong team out in this then don’t release them for internationals

In this like all other games we should play our best team based on form and physical condition, we have 9 players on bench and can use them. Let's try and put the rotation fad away for a bit, 8 games players should be hitting their peak not knackered.

I don't know how to use the like button. Once we get a good lead we can then bring on the subs.

Look like Solomon and Johnson is out for the game.. so I bet we start with the same team as last game.. And GIL is back, I have so big hopes for him under Ange

Strongest team possible. Exception for me would be if for example Son or Maddison has been risked in recent games and there's a real risk of them ending up with a longer absence if their condition worsens. Could see the case for not starting one of them in that case.

Could see a case for a change for tactical reasons in theory. For example a more creative option to Sarr for a game like this. But all of our options are injured or just back from injury.

It's not as simple as to do with how tired players are though. You can't just play the same team every game week in week out because we are going to get injuries and suspensions and then be asking players to come in from the cold and perform who have barely had any minutes. And not just that but the squad cohesion element - Ange will want to make squad members feel part of the setup. Without Europe, we are going to have to give some game time to some squad players in league games and I'm not taking Luton lightly at all but this is the type of opposition where we must be considering this. Not wholesale changes, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a couple rotated.....

If we had fit options with sufficient form and quality, maybe. I don't think we have at the moment.

For now, sub appearances for the rest. Until they prove that they deserve a start in a game like this.

Then we are truly fudged if either gets an injury. Surely it’s better to rotate a player or two as and when we can, to protect those players as well as help get the other squad players up to speed with the new style + motivate them; players will inevitably get frustrated if they realise they’re only ever going to get 10/15 minute cameos.

I wouldn’t rest both Son and Maddison, but I would consider resting one of them if they’re not fully fit, along with Royal for Porro, Johnson for Kulusevski or a number of other potential changes.

Again, only 1 or 2 changes to keep things fresh.

Sorry I meant to reply to earlier but yes I think the points you raised are true and that's why I don't think we can challenge for the league this season.

We've seen already this season that when Son and Maddison aren't on the pitch we've lost all of our initiative.

I'd like to also be able to rest some, but Son and Maddison are the two key players as far as the attack goes.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry I meant to reply to earlier but yes I think the points you raised are true and that's why I don't think we can challenge for the league this season.

We've seen already this season that when Son and Maddison aren't on the pitch we've lost all of our initiative.

I'd like to also be able to rest some, but Son and Maddison are the two key players as far as the attack goes.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I think ultimately we agree, in that our squad is too small / not got strength in depth. But it is what it is for now, and in my opinion we need to give some of the fringe players a chance in these new few weeks to a) keep them motivated b) ensure they’re up to speed with the style.

I think ultimately we agree, in that our squad is too small / not got strength in depth. But it is what it is for now, and in my opinion we need to give some of the fringe players a chance in these new few weeks to a) keep them motivated b) ensure they’re up to speed with the style.

Hopefully we can do well against luton and give donley and veliz a proper run out. If they look comfortable, our squad doesn't look that thin.

Hopefully we can do well against luton and give donley and veliz a proper run out. If they look comfortable, our squad doesn't look that thin.

Would be good if they came on at some point and impressed. It's a big step up to becoming real squad options this season and early on this season for them.

I heve more hopes that Gil, GLC or Johnson end up giving our squad that depth we need this season.

For a whole host of reasons we could really do with the Luton game becoming comfortable at some point. Giving players playing with injuries a bit of rest. Instilling more confidence that we can go out and dominate and win comfortably. Giving a chance to squad players and younger players. Less emotional and mental exhaustion.

Ultimately all that matters is the points though.

I hope to see a little bit of rotation for this. I'm not sure if we can leave out Maddison and Son, but I'd be happy for either of them to miss it. Maybe Lo Celso if he's fit, and then take Sonny around 60 minutes again.

Perhaps later in the game. I would prefer starting with a strong side and then bringing in the changes like Veliz. I am worried about what happens if our CBs get injured.

Glad to hear we aren’t getting too carried away.

This game v Luton will mean we have played half our games against the four clubs at the bottom of the table.

We’re making progress and doing it playing good football under Ange - let’s not let over expectation ruin our weekends.

This game v Luton will mean we have played half our games against the four clubs at the bottom of the table.

We’re making progress and doing it playing good football under Ange - let’s not let over expectation ruin our weekends.
And 2 of the top 4, plus Man Utd. It’s not been an out right easy set of fixtures, it’s probably been mildly friendly.

We've played Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Don't let under expectation ruin your weekends either! COYS!

Back