• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

"Six months is a long time in football. How many people will remember what happened last Saturday by then? "

You dont know the Scousers I know, they can recollect games and incidents from the 80s

The do have a right to be aggrieved at Hillsborough to be fair but the complete lack of acknowledgement of Heysel and their role in it is typical of that club. They held a trophy parade on the anniversary last year.

Could you imagine if South Yorkshire Police held some sort of celebratory parade on the anniversary of Hillsborough?

Partly, the police were culpable in brick organisation that day but there is also an element of blame to apportion to the fans when they turned up late, some without tickets and forced their way through gateways that were not built for the quantity of people entering them.

Hey I’m not claiming superior knowledge I promise
But I do know their fan base
And I know our media too who will have it recycled just in time for that game

Well its bound to be chosen for Sky Super Sunday so 100% the events of Saturday night will be regurgitated in the 30 mins lead up to kick-off on the Sunday. Carragher will be in the Commentary box for sure that day so give 'unbiased' assessment of the match in progress

Wow. An absolute first for ESPN. I like Shaka Hislop. He's a decent pundit. But if you'd seen that tubby, entitled Scotsman and ex-Liverpool Steve Nicol earlier, you'd have seen a human volcano. Face like a well-slapped thundercloud. He'll be off his deep-fried Mars bars for days.

Even better was watching the face-in-a-clothespeg of Steve McManamanan. All set to smugly comment on Liverpool moving top of the table, now he's dealing with a dramatic (and quite glorious) defeat to the despised Spurs (just going off his previous comments on Spurs). A joy to behold.

The return match at a seething St. Anfield will probably need a steel cage around the pitch.
I'd like to see McManaman's reaction - where was it?

Son? Remind me?

A few years back, an opponent whose name and club escapes me, broke his leg going into a challenge with Son. It's a nasty break, and the ref pulls out the red card for Son. The replay shows - very clearly - that Son pulls out of the challenge and never touches the other guy. VAR sees this, but upholds the red card. Only after the game is it rescinded. No fuss was made.

A few years back, an opponent whose name and club escapes me, broke his leg going into a challenge with Son. It's a nasty break, and the ref pulls out the red card for Son. The replay shows - very clearly - that Son pulls out of the challenge and never touches the other guy. VAR sees this, but upholds the red card. Only after the game is it rescinded. No fuss was made.

Andre Gomes, Everton at Goodison in 2019.

The difference between class and clams.

Of course they are! They're not going to sabotage a product they paid a fortune to broadcast. As far as I can remember, there've always been people angry with the referees, claiming they favoured this or that team. Hell, I remember Ferguson's reign of terror when almost every decision went for his team and he still managed to complain almost every week.

There's always going to be someone unhappy at the end of a game. I've been that guy countless times. When Barnsley were in the Premier League, they lost a game to Liverpool with a couple of their players sent off and one of their fans was literally foaming at the mouth saying everybody was in cahoots to make sure Liverpool, Spurs and Everton wouldn't go down. Maybe they were - it's pointless to debate whether any of these people are right on wrong. They lost the game, the refereeing was brick and that should be the end of it.

Last edited:
Of course they are! They're not going to sabotage a product they paid a fortune to broadcast. As far as I can remember, there've always been people angry with the referees, claiming they favoured this or that team. Hell, I remember Ferguson's reign of terror when almost every decision went for his team and he still managed to complain almost every week.

There's always going to be someone unhappy at the end of a game. I've been that guy countless times. When Barnsley were in the Premier League, they lost a game to Liverpool with a couple of their players sent off and one of their fans was literally foaming at the mouth saying everybody was in cahoots to make sure Liverpool, Spurs and Everton wouldn't go down. Maybe it was - it's pointless to debate whether any of these people are right on wrong. They lost the game, the refereeing was brick and that should be the end of it.
Small point, but the (on field) refereeing was very good.

VAR got two decisions wrong - one for each team, and both affected that team negatively to the tune of one goal.

I'd call that even.

Ok so I’m starting to see why people hate Liverpool. Their reaction has been pathetic. Acting like they are the first side to ever have a decision go against them.

Still can’t see why people hate them more than our London rivals but I get the dislike for them. I think all the top clubs get whatever they want most of the time and just don’t like it when things go against them.

Back