• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

Happy with the point, all things considered. Excellent defensive display, and it can't be denied Reds offered the greater goal threat. A bit disappointing that Bale couldn't convert his chance; he had plenty of time and might have taken it round the keeper. It would have been beyond triffic to have nicked it like that, but hey ho, that's football.

As announced, I'm happy with a point from that game. We had no attacking outlet, passed the ball around in midfield with no attacking movement, and did not run at them. Which was pretty smart, as they matched us for pace at the flanks. Walker chose his runs poorly, but was absolutely immense tracking back. Dawson was solid at the back as expected, when alongside King. I only wish he'd learn how to calm down, not everything has to be a 50-yard panic hoof. But he battled hard today.

BAE sloppy again, he expects everybody to fall for the Cruyff feint, which they do not anymore. But he was dragged out of position so many times due to lack of support from whoever was playing left wing. Livermore played well, albeit very cautious and Jenas-like. Did his fair share defensively. Modric from average to the sublime. Parker is a warrior, unlike Carroll he can take it as well as dish it out.

Bale hot-headed as usual of late, while I love when he only has eyes for goal, he is seriously hampered by the lack of a Lennon to relieve pressure. He is targeted by all teams, and rightly so, but not every touch has to be a run for goal. A little more cleverness in possession, and he would be as good as they come, even by world standards.

I see Ade getting a little bit of flak, but today I think he played quite well. Better in his decision making, and found teammates more than usual. But why on earth do we have to play so narrow and onto players tightly marked by two or three players?

The rest did ok, but particulary Kranky impressed me today. Sure he is slow as tar, but noone can question his effort today. He played like his contract was on the line, until he predictably ran out of steam. Comfortable on the ball, and distributed it well. But a winger he is not in any shape or fragrance.

And finally Friedel. I have to laugh when so called tough guys with tattoos all over their bodies roll around like little girls for the slightest of touches, while this gentleman only laughs and shrughs off being kicked all over. Such a character is extremely valuable to have around, and embodies the ethos at a proper club like Spurs. His experience and calmness also more than balances out the acrobatics but rashness of Gomes (who I still like).

But at the end of the day, we did not dominate this game in any way, so I'll say it was a point won for both us and the dirty cheating scum from Liverpool. We did not have the stupid oaf Carragher to help us out either. The only players to come out with any dignity was the little goblin I've forgotten the name of, and Reina. Suarez, Skrtel and Carroll should be taken out the back and put down like the rabid dogs they are.

Joey Barton on Twitter: "Good nil-nil a that. Bale had great chance. Parker was outstanding. Carroll looking like his old self again"

Liverpool have not lost at home all season, they have been solid defensively at home and have only failed to get better results due to their inability to finish their chances. The side drew against both Manchester clubs at home and, right now, it appears likely that they will end the season unbeaten at home.

I think the result was a solid one given the situation, that we had so many players and manager out. I would have liked all three points but this would have been largely dictated emotionally by the need to close the gap on the top of the league rather than being totally realistic. What we need to look at now is that we have one of the hardest away fixtures left out of the way and we are still within 2 games of being a point behind Emirates Marketing Project. The league title is likely out of our grasp but it is not because of tonight's fixture, is it is more because of the small margins such as the defeat against Stoke, which was dictated by the poor performance of the refereeing team, and the losses against both Manchester clubs.

We will bounce back with three points at the weekend and it wouldn't surprise me if we picked up a win at the Emirates. If we achieve both those results then the draw tonight will prove to be an even better result. Then, we need to look at the long term, maximising our results in the 14 games left and hoping that both Manchester clubs drop points in games which they ought not to drop points in.

Tom Huddlestone @TomHuddlestone6

Scotty P- magnet somewhere in his body! Blocked everything!! Good point

Probably that's what Suarez tried to kick out of him.

Last edited:
I said the game at Anfield would be the hard one, they don't really concede at home (or away for that matter) and they raise their game for the top sides. The Emirates on the other hand. 3 points from that please.

Balotelli tried the same. Everyone know's just how good Parker is and is the engine of our side.

To think I said he was fudging brick. Sometimes I really need to hang my head or look in the mirror.

I said the game at Anfield would be the hard one, they don't really concede at home (or away for that matter) and they raise their game for the top sides. The Emirates on the other hand. 3 points from that please.

...we should dance all over those clams...I will be very disappointed if we do not smash ten shades of brick out of them!

89 - Ledley King completed 89% of the passes he attempted in tonight's game and won 100% of his tackles. Admirable.

Jog on arsemania.

Felt we played for the draw, really, probably very conscious of our shortage of personnel. Might still have nicked it, but it was a creditable draw in the end. They offered more on the night; we defended well.

As announced, I'm happy with a point from that game. We had no attacking outlet, passed the ball around in midfield with no attacking movement, and did not run at them. Which was pretty smart, as they matched us for pace at the flanks. Walker chose his runs poorly, but was absolutely immense tracking back. Dawson was solid at the back as expected, when alongside King. I only wish he'd learn how to calm down, not everything has to be a 50-yard panic hoof. But he battled hard today.

BAE sloppy again, he expects everybody to fall for the Cruyff feint, which they do not anymore. But he was dragged out of position so many times due to lack of support from whoever was playing left wing. Livermore played well, albeit very cautious and Jenas-like. Did his fair share defensively. Modric from average to the sublime. Parker is a warrior, unlike Carroll he can take it as well as dish it out.

Bale hot-headed as usual of late, while I love when he only has eyes for goal, he is seriously hampered by the lack of a Lennon to relieve pressure. He is targeted by all teams, and rightly so, but not every touch has to be a run for goal. A little more cleverness in possession, and he would be as good as they come, even by world standards.

I see Ade getting a little bit of flak, but today I think he played quite well. Better in his decision making, and found teammates more than usual. But why on earth do we have to play so narrow and onto players tightly marked by two or three players?

The rest did ok, but particulary Kranky impressed me today. Sure he is slow as tar, but noone can question his effort today. He played like his contract was on the line, until he predictably ran out of steam. Comfortable on the ball, and distributed it well. But a winger he is not in any shape or fragrance.

And finally Friedel. I have to laugh when so called tough guys with tattoos all over their bodies roll around like little girls for the slightest of touches, while this gentleman only laughs and shrughs off being kicked all over. Such a character is extremely valuable to have around, and embodies the ethos at a proper club like Spurs. His experience and calmness also more than balances out the acrobatics but rashness of Gomes (who I still like).

But at the end of the day, we did not dominate this game in any way, so I'll say it was a point won for both us and the dirty cheating scum from Liverpool. We did not have the stupid oaf Carragher to help us out either. The only players to come out with any dignity was the little goblin I've forgotten the name of, and Reina. Suarez, Skrtel and Carroll should be taken out the back and put down like the rabid dogs they are.

Spiffing post.

Back