• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

From RAWK:

Johnson Immense
Gerard & Spearing bossed midfield (few stray passes from Jay)
Pepe brilliant stop from Bale
Carroll superb
Kelly Massive
Bellemy brilliant
Suarez looked a bit rusty (I was bricking he would get a second yellow)

We have some cracking load of options in defence.

Need one highly creative player in the final third

What were the commentators on saying Spurs deserved a draw..bollox they are fudging delighted to get out with a point.

This is a team that will so many trophies for Liverpool

YNWA

No manager in the dug-out, and 5 senior players out. Still played some nice football, and didnt park the bus.

I was happy with that from the 65th minute to be fair.

Um ... so which two out of these would you say are not senior players:

VdV, Lennon, Defoe, Kaboul, Huddlestone, Gallas, Sandro ?

That is fudging bottle!

Superb spirit when the script was written against us!
Thank-you! I would settle for 4 points a season against a genuine competitor every season. A performance we should not become blase about as that was backs to the wall, passionate defending. Parker was fanstastic, Livermore showed bottle for a youngster, and Krancjar stepped up today. Liverpool were always going to be up for this one. Could so easily have happened this way at City.

Though Kyle walker was excellent tonight.

There have been comments about some of his attacking but defensively he was top drawer and took plenty of ball off their players in better positions.

He was our only player down the right and is like a machine going up and down there

Though Kyle walker was excellent tonight.

There have been comments about some of his attacking but defensively he was top drawer and took plenty of ball off their players in better positions.

He was our only player down the right and is like a machine going up and down there

This, almost had a decent shot as well.

What did the amazing glen johnson offer in attack?

Nothing.

This thread is unreal to me. It just makes no sense.
this. in a BIG way

maybe i have an inferiority complex..actually i'm sure i do, but we've just gone to liverpool and drawn . they havent lost at home all season yet somehow people are dissapointed.

another irony?

the 442 that the thread is based on would have had to had either saha or cameron lancaster, the first one the thread starter doesnt rate one bit and the other guy only played about 30 mins total in the senior team

i do tink a 442 wonky would have shown liverpool up more but this performance was fine. IMO

Playing devils advocate, only really vdv, kaboul and perhaps lennon have been played consistently and our issue was certainly not defence. lack of strikers on the pitch and no width is what hurt us against a very narrow liverpool team

From RAWK:

Johnson Immense
Gerard & Spearing bossed midfield (few stray passes from Jay)
Pepe brilliant stop from Bale
Carroll superb
Kelly Massive
Bellemy brilliant
Suarez looked a bit rusty (I was bricking he would get a second yellow)

We have some cracking load of options in defence.

Need one highly creative player in the final third

What were the commentators on saying Spurs deserved a draw..bollox they are fudging delighted to get out with a point.

This is a team that will so many trophies for Liverpool

YNWA

Lol that is priceless. But tell me based on how superb they were, they must have battered us surely? At least 5 or 6-0?

Playing devils advocate, only really vdv, kaboul and perhaps lennon have been played consistently and our issue was certainly not defence. lack of strikers on the pitch and no width is what hurt us against a very narrow liverpool team

But all the other players out would have been very likely to play ahead of some who did play. We only ever play with one Striker, so not sure how that hurt us. Agree with the width though

Maybe, the lack of options on our bench to come on and 'change the game' was kind of telling though. In that way you could argue that the other players out were also important.

Fantastic point in my opinion. Lets not get carried away, however good we have been at times this season and however average Liverpool are that was never going to be an easy match. I was a bit disappointed that we didnt try to break more often and when we had possesion i dont think we controlled the ball well enough however we obviously had a game plan and, lack of counter-attacking aside played it out to perfection. If we keep picking up points in the next6-7 games or so (the difficult run that everyone keeps talking about) we have a fantastic opportunity to end the season strongly.

how about looking at it from this angle:- missing 3 key players (VDV, kaboul and lennon) , we played a compact system so as to not leave us exposed..and this system helped us with our defending. perhaps playing with an extra striker and more width (from players that arent capable of playing wide as well as lennon) might have left us open and exposed thereby more risk of conceeding....and considering that they had a similar system , they may have actually had more of the ball and more possession .

Message to OP; placing the word "but" in a sentence negates everything that precedes it.

You should be happy with a point.

From ArseMania:

No, just no,

Parker made some great blocks, but he also gave the ball more times than I could count when put under pressure and gave away two terrible free-kicks right on the edge of the box with stupid, late, clumsy (Song-like) tackles. Don't be fooled by the heavy breathing and Sky Sports flimflam towards the end.

Walker was decent, but also had some really shaky moments - like letting Bellamy get two or three crosses in when he could and should have stopped them coming in, and he was tinkle poor going forward all night long. Was in the position numerous times to put quality into the box but didn't have the ability to take advantage.

King lost every header he and Carroll contested - every single one. And his marking at set-pieces was a joke, looked half asleep at times, the worst moment was the Suarez header straight at Freidel - absolute joke-shop defending. I'd be seething if that was one of ours.

Dawson was embarrassing too in his attempts to deal with Carroll. Shame Liverpool had nearly zero in the way of quality to take advantage of it.

A game very, very low on quality. Gerrard stood out a mile away, shame he only has 60-70 minutes in his legs these days.

From ArseMania:

No, just no,

Parker made some great blocks, but he also gave the ball more times than I could count when put under pressure and gave away two terrible free-kicks right on the edge of the box with stupid, late, clumsy (Song-like) tackles. Don't be fooled by the heavy breathing and Sky Sports flimflam towards the end.

Walker was decent, but also had some really shaky moments - like letting Bellamy get two or three crosses in when he could and should have stopped them coming in, and he was tinkle poor going forward all night long. Was in the position numerous times to put quality into the box but didn't have the ability to take advantage.

King lost every header he and Carroll contested - every single one. And his marking at set-pieces was a joke, looked half asleep at times, the worst moment was the Suarez header straight at Freidel - absolute joke-shop defending. I'd be seething if that was one of ours.

Dawson was embarrassing too in his attempts to deal with Carroll. Shame Liverpool had nearly zero in the way of quality to take advantage of it.

A game very, very low on quality. Gerrard stood out a mile away, shame he only has 60-70 minutes in his legs these days.

Absolute dribble

The problem with Arsemania is that the "shopfront" as it were is full of the plebs, and they let the reasonable members into locked forums, so you only ever see the stupid posts.

Edit: and it's full of Arsenal fans

Back