• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

Play at home

... play the bottom side​

... score four goals​

... spend the last mins of added on whistling for the ref to end it all​

It could only be Spurs !

5 goals conceded in 2 home games against Swansea and Leicester. We are about where we should be in the league I think.

teams need to pump it long against us. we don't deal with it.

we'll take the three points, but surely criticism and critically picking the bones out of the performance is a legitimate exercise here.

Criticism, yes. Picking a performance apart critically? Yes. Calling players 'brick' and 'useless clams' and the manager a 'clam' for picking these 'brick clam players' is, in my very not humble opinion FAR from criticism and the sort of thing which bruises knees forever.

I said it would be an open game after 5 minutes which should be entertaining, I just meant for us, not the neutral.

Phewww, we were luckyyy. An important result, but good GHod, what do we need to do at the back ? What are we not doing in training ?

Er, we won and scored four goals
Mourinho would have been delighted that even though we didn't play great we still had the CHARACTER to pull off a two goal victory

Perspective people

Of course I'm disappointed, but seeing as you want to continue the discussion, here's a post from you earlier which partially elicited my response above:

<<paulinho? poch you're being a clam. stop being a clam or you'll lose all the good will you've been building up.

we'll make it easy for you: paulinho is a fking useless pansy cnut of shiithouse; tonwsend is absolutely fking craap. if you keep selecting blatantly fking shiit players the crowds are going to get tinkleed off.>>

If you'd like, we can discuss why I think that's an absurd thing to write, however in fairness to others, perhaps it should be via PM????
i don't think its necessary. the language is, in hindsight, and out of context, excessive to say the least. i apologise for the language and admit its totally out of order. fundamentally though, i think the points (minus the language) are valid. the point about poch losing good will by flogging dead horses is also valid. that paulinho has been a flop and townsend is not good enough is beyond contention.

i've already got 90 points though, so i guess that little outburst of frustration will probably earn me a permanent ban.

It's interesting...earlier in the season it was my chief complaint about him and I felt he had to work harder and get tougher. He did IMO. But I would say he has to be tired right now; played a lot of football and trained like a beast, so a bit of pass perhaps???

perhaps, but you'd expect someone to get tough and stay that way; my fear is that it was an unsustainable attempt for eriksen to play in a way that he would not be comfortable in. talented no doubt, but it looks to me that we need to find alternatives.

Whew. Almost threw it away, and we've been absolutely awful, make no bones about it.

Sigh. Our defending has been routinely awful, our DM pair hasn't offered much protection to said defense, and yet Fazio and Stambouli remain resolutely banished from even the bench.

We were poor defensively and patchy, but if Chadli takes his sitters we have 6 goals today. We were 'absolutely awful' last week, THAT was a pathetic effort. This? Patchy and defensively shoddy, some of which falls on the Lloris/Vorm thing.

Er, we won and scored four goals
Mourinho would have been delighted that even though we didn't play great we still had the CHARACTER to pull off a two goal victory

Perspective people

we won by one goal and allowed a relegation struggler to put 3 past us.

i'll go further and be brutally honest to say that leicester lost this game; we didn't win it.

perhaps, but you'd expect someone to get tough and stay that way; my fear is that it was an unsustainable attempt for eriksen to play in a way that he would not be comfortable in. talented no doubt, but it looks to me that we need to find alternatives.

Our biggest issue there for me mate, is that in order for Kane and Eriksen to work well, Chadi and Townsend have to be viable players performing properly; neither has been of late, meaning it's easy to double-up on the stars.

He's tried to make things happen, taken people on and kept possession of the ball with his strength. I think it was a penalty to be honest and 'sitter' aside I think he's been solid. Comparable to Eriksen who has been so weak and far better than Townsend.

Vertonghen is not a defensive leader, he's just not.. He needs guidance and I raised this issue in the thread specifically discussing our leaking of goals.. The problem is that Fazio has shown no sign of organisation or leadership ability either. He's just as positionally slack and prone to switching off.. It's an issue we need to address in the summer.

And Chadders will come good again, watch him score second half ;) getting down on him helps no one! You should know this Steff, of all people.

verts just does not suit what poch demands of him. he will look better in a different team with a lower line with 4 full time defenders, so that he can have the freedom to do the thing he does.

he just doesn't look happy in this role.

Back