• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Crystal Palace OMT***

On individual players.

Excellent from VdV, Romero and Vicario. Really enjoyed the back and forth passing between Romero and Vicario. Vicario just standing there with the ball. Thought Sarr was really good and his running off the ball was part of the difference for the opener. Had other runs like that too. Others were mostly good, but a bit up and down.

Great to see Johnson come on and make an impact with the assist. Looked fairly sharp too. Him settling in well could be really good for us.

Fantastic to see Bentancur back. Didn't expect it for this game. Only a handful of minutes, but looked good. Hopefully he keeps getting back to full fitness without setbacks.

Who honestly knows? Multiple posters have suggested something I haven't seen, it's been suggested Ayew controlled the ball with his thumb and that's miles off what the replays indicate (imo). I don't think it's tactical from the Poste-man to say he's unsure, it's just a flimflam rule especially given the name handball.

We won so I shouldn't be moaning about interpretations of tossy rules but there's a lot that seems a bit iffy. We deserved to win the game today and that does matter to me, I just hope we don't lose a game we deserve to win because of tossy rules.
First of all, the current handball rule is ridiculous! That Ayew goal should be a goal. No doubt. But at the same time, it's pretty clear that the ball hit his biceps and forearm, and with current rules, that is handball when it results in a goal. I'm happy that the goal stood. But the rule needs changing accordingly.

He did! Said they became worse when they came on! Weird thing to say!

Did you see the rest of it? Very odd. He answered the first three, very easy questions, with "I don't know how to answer that" and complained about the questions not being specific enough.

First of all, the current handball rule is ridiculous! That Ayew goal should be a goal. No doubt. But at the same time, it's pretty clear that the ball hit his biceps and forearm, and with current rules, that is handball when it results in a goal. I'm happy that the goal stood. But the rule needs changing accordingly.
Eh? He doesn't control that ball without using his arm. Very definition of using your arm to gain an advantage.

Eh? He doesn't control that ball without using his arm. Very definition of using your arm to gain an advantage.
The slight touch had absolutely no impact. He controlled it with his chest, and the ball fell down and barely touched his arm. The ball didn't change direction the slightest, nor did it alter the spin on the ball. Cut his arms off, and it would be the same result.

But taposoba for £60m is not a sensible investment if VDV is gonna start
That money could buy a player who would really add something to the starting 11
We do need to do something though

Next season we are aiming to be back in europe - if that's the case we need a squad that can handle 2 games a week, Saturday Tuesday Sunday Wednesday.. As such to say we don't need more than two starting centre halves is a bit naive. City and Co have more than two....

Tapsoda also can play at LB, probably as well or better than Davies.

Next season we are aiming to be back in europe - if that's the case we need a squad that can handle 2 games a week, Saturday Tuesday Sunday Wednesday.. As such to say we don't need more than two starting centre halves is a bit naive. City and Co have more than two....

Tapsoda also can play at LB, probably as well or better than Davies.
Can he?
I know VDV can
But that’s not the point
It’s two fold
One it’s £60m for a backup player
Two is that they won’t sell
We need cover for now

But Royal was able to fill in perfectly adequately. It’s more, sadly, that Davies can’t really cut it any more. Udogie being head and shoulders the first choice not disputed, of course.

Gently, Bentley. No need to go in hard on assessing Davies. No one has ever implied he's Roberto Carlos Mk. 2. At this stage of his career, he's still a capable player and very useful to provide depth. To say nowt about working hard, applying himself in training, and being an all-round example and good presence, as Ange has duly noted.

Any more harshness and this could be your next Jeff Goldblum avatar:

artworks-000195924799-padc97-t500x500.jpg

Last edited:
The slight touch had absolutely no impact. He controlled it with his chest, and the ball fell down and barely touched his arm. The ball didn't change direction the slightest, nor did it alter the spin on the ball. Cut his arms off, and it would be the same result.

If it touched his arm, right before he scored, under the current laws, that's handball.

It is an offence if a player:scores in the opponents' goal:immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

It's a silly law imo, but that's what is written.

I'm not wearing 10 inch thick Spurs tinted glasses, no.
If a ball comes at you sideways, there is no way you can control it straight downwards with just your chest, it will bounce off, a mixture of away from your chest and the direction it is travelling. If you watch the video the ball comes off his chest at 45 degrees to the floor and then downwards after it hits his hand. If it doesn't hit his hand, it doesn't sit up nicely to strike at goal.

Back