• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Crystal Palace OMT***

First half was scrappy & poor but our quality showed in the second half and in the end the score flattered Palace

Agreed.

Scrappy and not very good at all in the first half. But also credit to Palace in that, they defended really well against us. Despite their recent run and missing some important players they are a really well drilled defensive side.

These games will happen. Thought we responded reasonably well, though should have done a bit more with the ball in the first half.

When the game opened up our quality shined through for sure.

Need to find even better ways of dealing with that kind of defending. But it's also one of the most difficult things to do in football.

Mostly good/solid performances all around from us.

Agreed.

Scrappy and not very good at all in the first half. But also credit to Palace in that, they defended really well against us. Despite their recent run and missing some important players they are a really well drilled defensive side.

These games will happen. Thought we responded reasonably well, though should have done a bit more with the ball in the first half.

When the game opened up our quality shined through for sure.

Need to find even better ways of dealing with that kind of defending. But it's also one of the most difficult things to do in football.

Mostly good/solid performances all around from us.
I've only seen two English teams in recent history regularly break down those stubborn teams - Ferguson's Utd and Guardiola's City. Everyone else struggles against it - even when the Woolwich Gingers were at their best they regularly failed that kind of test.

What is befuddling everyone else this season is that we are all together and having a laugh without any entitlement and they can’t put a dent in any of us.

COYS.
This is what I love so much
We’re boiling so much tinkle from opposing fans mainly what I see on twitter it’s making me laugh a lot

after how bad the last 4 seasons have been the current ride is so exciting and enjoyable, absolutely loving it

I’ll repost this for context…
Palace at home have lost the one game. Their first game at home vs arsenal 1 nil
They are not a good side. But they are a very dogged side
They know how to dig in and make life hard for teams at home
It’s literally the way they stay up
That game was never gonna be easy and we got the result
Some teams will actually attack us which may well make us look better. But what we achieve this season will mainly be down to wins like last night IMO

I said Toney and Tapsoda on insta earlier. We get them and keep PEH to ensure we cope without biss and sarr during the ACN and we could be in for one hell of a ride.....
Tapsoba isn't coming in January. Leverkusen are having a fantastic start to the season and like us are top currently. They aren't going to sell their star defender in January for anything resembling a reasonable fee. He's going to be upwards of 60m+ for a potential squad defender. It's not going to happen and wouldn't make any sense from our perspective. The time to get was the summer not this January, but I think its likely that it was always Tapsoba OR Van De Ven. Add to that he's also going to the AFCON and he now seems a poor choice to bring in if we are trying to fill out the squad for January onwards.

We don't need a starting CB who is gonna cost upwards of 60m we need an experienced head who is willing to sit on the bench or a younger defender willing to bide their time for their cham e.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Night games away are always difficult, there's no reason for it just the way it is, as Bedford said Palace are battlers and look to make games messy and score from set pieces. Tbh I was not concerned during the game, even below par I was positive we would win, even when they were given a goal, a long time since I've felt that way.

Tapsoba isn't coming in January. Leverkusen are having a fantastic start to the season and like us are top currently. They aren't going to sell their star defender in January for anything resembling a reasonable fee. He's going to be upwards of 60m+ for a potential squad defender. It's not going to happen and wouldn't make any sense from our perspective. The time to get was the summer not this January, but I think its likely that it was always Tapsoba OR Van De Ven. Add to that he's also going to the AFCON and he now seems a poor choice to bring in if we are trying to fill out the squad for January onwards.

We don't need a starting CB who is gonna cost upwards of 60m we need an experienced head who is willing to sit on the bench or a younger defender willing to bide their time for their cham e.

Agree but I dont think there are many experienced players available, decent CB are a rare commodity.

Fully agree
Don’t know who that player is but hope the club do
A player for a couple of years please whilst the youngsters develop

Back