• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Chelsea OMT***

The moment Micky went down and Royal came on for him, it was just a matter of time before Udogie got his second yellow. With no BJ to help him out and no pace next to him, it was bound to happen. I really think we might have gotten a result with 10 men. Heck, we almost got a result with 9 men. Their last 2 goals don't mean anything. Even a team playing full strength that's going for the equalizer will concede these goals, much less playing with 2 players down.

Cuti had that card coming. He got away with one when he kicked Colwill. And we were up a goal too, so didn't make any sense. Udogie was lucky too he didn't get a red when he got his first yellow. Both feet off the ground and studs showing. Very immature for a player that had only 9 yellows across 60+ matches in Serie A. In hindsight, a red for Udogie at that juncture might have meant Cuti playing a little more carefully, but it is what it is.

I also don't know what to make of the tactics, especially after Udogie's sending off. We saw how Liverpool kept us at bay with ease when they went to a low block with 2 players less. I don't know why we didn't do the same.

In any case, credit to the lads for the fight. This is not a shabby Chelsea team. It's just a shame that on Poch's return to the Lane we shot ourselves in the foot. I really would have relished a full strength battle with them and I think we would have come out on top.
Liverpool, who Klopp has been managing for about 8 years, with a ton of super experienced players did brilliantly. They also hadn’t lost three of their back four. Or their most creative player. Ange and his crew have been here 11 games. We shouldn’t be able to play as well with 9 players as them.

did we learn anything new?

Romero can be a fudging idiot

we can bottle even the simplest of games

the only thing anyone got out of that tonight, was the rest the PL, getting a good laugh
Your analysis of the game is pitiful, shame on you.

we can also critique what went wrong without having to be labelled as 'trolls' FFS

By all means have a moan if that's what you want to do, but if you ignore the great spirit we showed, you are missing a lot. And there may well be a lot more managerial "naivety" from Ange before the season is through - I'm not hoping for much for the next 3 games- but I love his determination and his honesty.
Some people simply cannot help themselves.

You would think we were in the bottom 3

Some people simply cannot help themselves.

You would think we were in the bottom 3

we've been really good, all season, against some ok teams. we've just been hammered by a really fudging brick one, through our own abject fudging stupidity

I'm annoyed by that

On my way home and I’m still really not sure what to make of it all. Before their 3rd it felt like a draw was there for us to take. It took us being down to 9 men before they really got a hold on the game and even then we fought and fought. A mixture of our own making and bad luck with injuries but the scoreline flatters Chelsea way beyond what they deserve.
Definitely some naievety on our part as well as some wrecklessness. I need to watch on tv but did Sterling dive before Romero’s red card incident?
Vicario is beyond words. Kept us in that for ages. Dier and PEH, so often the subject of criticism and wrath defended amazingly. And Porro and Royal.
Mickey’s injury is very worrying, especially coupled with Romero’s suspension.
Ange has to earn his living now.

But it was a heroic performance and I cannot imagine a scenario over the past few years where we lose 4-1 and the fans stay back to applaud the players.
More papering over the cracks for Chelsea but a lot of promise from our players and hopefully the response they got from the crowd will have picked them up ready to go again at the weekend.

I was one of the many thousands who stayed until the end to give the team the applause they deserved.

The performance was poor, should have been an easy 3 points against a very weak side, low on confidence, managed by a guy who doesn't know what to do with the messy squad he has.

The reaction of the crowd suggests to me a misread of the overall situation, and an emotive grasping at straws, not to mention an ignorance of the laws of the game. Both red cards were fully justified, in fact, both players could have been sent off twice.

Tonight was an incredible bottling by us, with huge knock on effects, that will take some time to recover from.

It didn't have to be this way.

Maybe, just maybe, you will make more sense when you are sober.

we won like every game under AVB, Bale scored about 200 goals

under GG, we didn't always score, but the opposition didn't either, remember when we had like 13 0-0's in a row, beautiful, we didn't go all out defence, Armstrong and Iversen just missed a few chances

He was a clam. He will always be a clam. I refuse to acknowledge that the clam did anything for us.

Personally, I’d have done what Klopp did. Their performance against us with 9 men was unbelievably good. They worked their nuts off and defended their box with their lives.

But Klopp is Klopp and Ange is Ange. He’s been lauded on here for his principles and it’s no surprise he stuck to them. I admire him for that. And, let’s be fair, those clams scored 2 goals in injury time and struggled to beat us. We had 9 men so no matter what we did, the odds were very, very heavily stacked against us.

It's a learning curve. Tonight he will have found out exactly what we can/cannot do without VdV, Romero, Udogie and Maddison. It was absolutely the right thing to do IMO.

If we keep losing in games like this you'll quickly change our tune. Poch got sacked ultimately for it. We are in the 'honeymoon period' atm so can sort of accept this but if such naivity keeps being shown i'm sure you'll feel no different to when Poch kept missing out on cups, Ardiles kept 'playing well' and getting pumped.

Remember all this without the certainty of Kane's goals as well!

What got Poch sacked was a total lack of courage IMO. I'm all in for this ride. If you want to worry, so be it.

If you play the way we played tonight yes. Close up shop, even losing one and we can still snatch a draw, highline was suicidal.
We nearly snatched a draw regardless. Their third goal was in the 93rd minute, their fourth in the 96th. We conceded those last two because we were playing many many minutes of football with reduced numbers.

No, i want us to acknowledge things aren't as black and white as Conte was always brick, Angeball is always going to be great. There are/were pros and cons to both.
It's also easy to forget how when things clicked with Conte how much the goals flowed and also how pragmatic he would have handled going a man down tonight. We might have got a late equaliser under Conte after he'd shut up shop somewhat.
I'd have loved Ange to swap with Conte after the Udogie first yellow as after that we seemed to lose our heads and never recovered.

That tonight was the epitome of Spurs bottling it
after being in a GREAT position. Not like we played Emirates Marketing Project or Arsenal either...

You're living in alternate 'realities' and past events. Again, we nearly equalized in the 92nd minute. Think about that. 'Epitome of Spurs bottling it', oh come on, if you want to conflate that bizarro match with history, then have fun?

So did Liverpool, you didn't see them hand it on a plate to us...we had to stress and toil right up to a last minute goal to get our win in that game...

OK, now I need to offer you some perspective. Liverpool - managed by Klopp for what, 7 seasons? Spurs - managed by Ange for what, 3 and a bit months? A virtually new side after last season? Again, we nearly equalized in the 93rd minute. Their two late goals were the result of 9 v 11, not 'handing the match on a plate'...where I agree we were naive was with Udogie and Romero. They will learn. We will learn. We are learning. Take the ride!!!!!!!!!

Back