• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS CHELSEA - CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL

They marked Kane out of the game and Eriksen wasn't given much space either. Add the utter incompetence of Chadli and Townsend and one can only wonder how we should have scored.

No not true of everyone. Can't say that about Bentaleb or mason or kane for instance

shame it's 3 of our more technically limited players, if Eriksen, Lamela and Demebele had the same ethic we'd win every game by a cricket score

we needed everyone to be perfect today, too many phoned it in

Four minutes added time, that's about as much time as they wasted per free kick.

Very poor referee today, probably worried Jose would talk brick about him again.

We have our selves to blame though, that first goal was a massie mistake. The last thing we needed was to be one down against the masters of bus parking, diving, cheating and time wasting. Especially when the ref was too weak to do anything about it.

We are just short of quality in key areas. Nothing will change until this is addressed.

Uniteds kids had Cantona and Hughes for inspiration. We have no one if that ilk.

Am I the only one who thinks we kept tidy in possession, didn't give them many chances...but just didn't have the cutting edge? If that free kick had gone in, it would have been a different story.

I see the start of something special here, with a young spine of Dier, Bentaleb and Kane. We went toe to toe with Chelsea and played like the home team.

Got to look forward to next season now. In Poch I trust!

proud of the lads for getting as far as they did - Didn't look out of place against Chelsea in that Final, kept going to the 94th min and undone by 2 deflected goals. Sometimes you have to accept its not going to be your day, too easy to over analyse and try to appoint blame.

Did'nt say everyone. A majority of them though and Poch need to look at themselves.

I think poch picked the team most people wanted today (Townsend aside I guess)

I don't think he comes in for any blame at all, we've lost a game 2-0 to a far superior side who probably expected an easier time of it, we kept them honest and they had to be gifted goals

I'm choking here, but I can get out one word out of my bunker slit-gritted teeth - 'sexy'.

So, so, so, sexy.

Had no luck today. Every 50/50 ball went their way. Had too many passengers, which clearly you cannot afford to have in a final against Cheat$ki. Must say, our guys looked knackered. Why ruin a cup final by having on a day when one team has such big preparation advantage? I hope this informs all those Townsend supporters, he is just not good enough. Lamela, doesn't seem up to it either.

I look forward to what Poch can put together when he shifts out the folk he doesn't want and gets to rplace them with those he does.

COYS!!!

Seriously, all the 100s of millions chelsea spent on these overpaid guys and this is all they can produce. I never want to watch a game with chelsea playing again. The whole spirit of this final has been soured by Mourinho. His side have beaten the life out of us by making this game so drab and capitilised on mistakes.

They won. That's all that matters

If the best team always won then there would be no point the other even turning up. Ability is one thing, but we have lacked desire, backbone and effort. No excuse.
Except that Chelsea are the better side by virtue of having better players? Or does that small fact not matter to you. Mostly the better side wins . Of course if redknapp had been in charge we would have shown the necessary bottle. You know like we did in the FA semi against that lot.

Painful defeat, as any is in a cup final, it just hurts that bit more when its Ch3l5ea. And Terry had to score to, just to make it even more painful.

Don't agree Dier has been poor, by the way. Think he's done very well defensively. Bentaleb has been brilliant. Top top class.
If the best team always won then there would be no point the other even turning up. Ability is one thing, but we have lacked desire, backbone and effort. No excuse.

Nah I don't believe that............

just could not penetrate....If we more ways of penetration,,and we attacked more than them..It may have been different..you cant say they had no backbone!

Anyway ...if we had won this match ..we may have been kidding ourselves that we have arrived.

We hav'nt...but if we can build on this squad with out selling our key players ..we will arrive..
It doesn't happen if we sell....and thats whats been happening,,need I have to say.

Back