• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley *** FA Cup OMT ***

I think this thread shows how much we need another couple of quality players drafted in. I'd like us to rest Kane, but I don't trust his replacements to get the job done. Watching Soldado mince about after we've had the pleasure of seeing young Harry do his thing will be just painful.

For sure.

Adebayor seemingly being completely out of contention doesn't help either.

But this is the squad we currently have, and I think Poch will rotate a bit. Your lack of trust in the replacements really is a good reason to.

Whatever team we pick, hopefully we can squeak by Burnley and then get a nice home draw against a cr*p lower league team for the 4th round. Then, in theory, we should be able to rotate the whole XI and win the game.

We have just played our best game of the season and won in emphatic fashion. Before that game many who are creaming themselves were saying how **** we have been and that we are in a false position, Poch is clueless etc etc.

Things can change very quickly in football and the momentum and belief we have built up over the last 3 weeks which culminated in the Chelsea win could easily go up in a puff if we not only lose to Burnley but lose in a way that feels we didn't pay the competition our full attention.

We have 5 days to recover before our next game. We have a decent squad. We should (hopefully) use most of what we feel are our first choice players to secure a tie in the next round and worry about any fixture congestion then.

COYS

Should help that there squad took a battering against poocastle

We can make enough changes here to bring in the likes of Naughton, Chriches, Dier, Crapue, Paulinho, Lennon, Soldado and Ade assuming their fit.

I'd like to see poch try to keep the starting line up barring fear of injuries, then adapt his game to be less demanding on the players.

For instance sitting back and letting Burnley attack while we press deeper and hope to catch them out on the counter attack.

Then fully use the 3 subs early.

Only three current Spurs players have scored an FA Cup goal for the club ahead of the match against Burnley.

Can you name them?

In fact I wonder if Walker's goal counts as it was in the scary Fabrice Muamba tie vs Bolton that had to be abandoned...if not, i'll say Kaboul instead

Vorm
Naughton Chiriches Dier Rose
Stambouli Capoue
Ceballos Paulihno
Soldado Adebayor​

Prioritise league, Europa, league cup.

perfect opportunity to give kane and one or 2 others a rest. we have a big squad that we should utilize and if they cant perform we need to get rid of them

Vorm
Naughton Chiriches Dier Rose
Stambouli Capoue
Ceballos Paulihno
Soldado Adebayor​

Prioritise league, Europa, league cup.

Agree we need to prioritize but that does not mean throw away this game!!

Would keep Verts and Fazio; the more they play, the more their partnership improves. Rose is back to being the first choice LB so think Davies will play.

perfect opportunity to give kane and one or 2 others a rest. we have a big squad that we should utilize and if they cant perform we need to get rid of them

This. We need to at least rest Kane, Erickson, Chaldi, Bentlab & maybe the CBs.

This. We need to at least rest Kane, Erickson, Chaldi, Bentlab & maybe the CBs.

Chelsea was Bentaleb's last game before leaving for the ACON. I don't think Chadli particularly needs a rest but Kane and Eriksen certainly could do with one.

Vorm

Yedlin Kaboul Vlad Davies

Stambouli Dembele

Lennon? Paulinho Townsend?

Soldado

Who do you play on the wings if Lennon is injured? Is Ade going to feature will Capoue? If so he will be in instead of Dembele. Ade and Soldado upfront? Lamela going to be fit? I hope he rest Chadli, Kane, Eriksen. If Townsend is going to be first choice than he needs a rest. Hopefully we see a few youngsters in the wide positions.

For me:

-------------Lloris------------
Vlad----Fazio----Dier---Davies
-------Stambouli-Dembele-----
Townsend---Paulinho----Chadli
-----------Soldado------------

Possibly a youngster in for Paulinho or Townsend in one of the attacking 3 midfield roles. Lennon to start if fit and not leaving. Yedlin for Vlad if we think he's ready for it.

Stambouli and Dembele could be our midfield for a bit if Mason is out. Get them some game time together and reward Dembele for a good game against Chel53a.

Edit: Oh. And Lamela in for Paulinho if fit and we trust him to manage this and the next game without problems.

I wouldnt play the 3 pricks Ade, Kaboul & Capoue and I don't think Poch will either

It's the FA Cup another chance of a trophy so I hope we pay it the respect it deserves and we play a decent team, I can't see Burnley doing anything other than massively rotating

Back