• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley *** FA Cup OMT ***

Is Yedlin here yet? Does he have his visa sorted? When is the first game he would be available for?

Anyone putting Yedlin in the team need to come off the hard stuff. As if you have not understood that Poch gives new recruits time to settle.

Vorm
Chiriches Fazio Vertonghen Davies
Stambouli Dembele
Lennon Paulinho Townsend
Soldado​

There's definitely a case to be made for the notion that we are in too many competitions atm. FA Cup, Final stages of the League Cup, knockout rounds of the now CL-granting Europa League, and (despite not really expecting or wanting it) a race for the top four.

I'd say play second strings in either the FA Cup or the Europa League, despite my yearning for a trophy. So..

-----------------------------------Vorm-------------------------------

Chiriches-----------Dier----------------------Verts--------------Rose

------------------Stambouli------------------Paulinho----------------

Lennon------------------------Ceballos-------------------------Townsend

--------------------------------Soldado---------------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Ward, Dembele, Winks, Lamela, Kane

Don't bring Kane on unless we're in dire ****: he's really earned a rest.

After that rather successful christmas period, rest as many key men as possible, give them almost 2 weeks off until the next league game.

There's definitely a case to be made for the notion that we are in too many competitions atm. FA Cup, Final stages of the League Cup, knockout rounds of the now CL-granting Europa League, and (despite not really expecting or wanting it) a race for the top four.

I'd say play second strings in either the FA Cup or the Europa League, despite my yearning for a trophy. So..

-----------------------------------Vorm-------------------------------

Chiriches-----------Dier----------------------Verts--------------Rose

------------------Stambouli------------------Paulinho----------------

Lennon------------------------Ceballos-------------------------Townsend

--------------------------------Soldado---------------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Ward, Dembele, Winks, Lamela, Kane

Don't bring Kane on unless we're in dire ****: he's really earned a rest.

Something like that looks about right. I would also give Verts a break though, so either Vlad at CB and Naughton at RB or play Ball.

I think we should rotate the fullbacks and centre-mids again, but play the others. They will have had 3 days rest after Chelsea and then there is 4 days rest after Burnley for the Palace game. After Palace, there is a whole week's rest til we play Sunderland at home. IMO, we don't need that much rotation right now.

------------------lloris
chiriches----fazio----vert----davies
---------stambouli---dembele
townsend-----eriksen------chadli
----------------kane

would be my team.

I think we should rotate the fullbacks and centre-mids again, but play the others. They will have had 3 days rest after Chelsea and then there is 4 days rest after Burnley for the Palace game. After Palace, there is a whole week's rest til we play Sunderland at home. IMO, we don't need that much rotation right now.

------------------lloris
chiriches----fazio----vert----davies
---------stambouli---dembele
townsend-----eriksen------chadli
----------------kane

would be my team.

And if a hamstring went in that game for any of Fazio/Vert/Kane? not worth the risk give them some down time

Vorm, Naughton (put him in shop window if he wants to go), Dier, Vlad, Davies, Stambouli, Dembele, Eriksen, Townsend/Lennon, Soldado

Maybe put a youth player or two in or on the bench.

Agreed, play all the spooners and/or get them sold, pronto.

We are in all competitions so should not waste firepower on the FA Cup at this point.

Won't be too botherd if we go out of the FA Cup. We have other things to worry about that are far more important than going on a run in yet another cup.

We may have beaten Chelsea well granted but we need to achieve far more before we can have these kinds of attitudes imo.

THIS IS THE FA CUP WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE!!:barnet:

We may have beaten Chelsea well granted but we need to achieve far more before we can have these kinds of attitudes imo.

It's not that we're too big, we're not big enough. Even without injuries our squad is stretched and players playing too much. If we get some longer breaks in the fixture schedule it's not the end of the world.

I'd go for:

Lloris

Chiriches -- Fazio -- Dier -- Davies

Bentaleb -- Stambouli

Townsend -- Eriksen -- Chadli

Kane​

We haven't won a FA Cup tie for nearly two years now. In fact, we haven't won a tie away from home since end of Jan 2012!!

We need to get the tie won and rest legs if/when ossible, but win the tie godammit!

COYS

Something like that looks about right. I would also give Verts a break though, so either Vlad at CB and Naughton at RB or play Ball.

I'd tend to agree with you, but I'm a bit worried about our prospects without at least one of our regular starters at the back. I wouldn't want us to burn ourselves out trying to win this competition in addition to the others we're in, but I'd like us to put out a reasonably able team nonetheless. Hence Verts.

And if a hamstring went in that game for any of Fazio/Vert/Kane? not worth the risk give them some down time

Vorm, Naughton (put him in shop window if he wants to go), Dier, Vlad, Davies, Stambouli, Dembele, Eriksen, Townsend/Lennon, Soldado

Maybe put a youth player or two in or on the bench.

A hamstring could go in any game or at any time in training etc. I don't think we should select our teams with that in mind unless it's a proper dead rubber of a tie. I like Poch's strategy of resting full-backs and cenral midfielders.

Equally, if we play a team with all the d1ck-heads in it and they somehow conspire to get a draw with a weakened Burnley side (assuming they rest a few) then that gives us another game to deal with. I think a strong team can go there and get a convincing win, where we can take it easy for the last 20 minutes anyway.

Not about what we have a achieved, but about what looks likely to happen for the rest of this season. Had we not had a league cup semi final spot and EL knockout stages it would be something different.

If anything focusing a bit more on one competition over another, for example the EL over the FA-cup might make us more likely to succeed in one.

People are not complacent because we have achieved so much. Come on!

A hamstring could go in any game or at any time in training etc. I don't think we should select our teams with that in mind unless it's a proper dead rubber of a tie. I like Poch's strategy of resting full-backs and cenral midfielders.

Equally, if we play a team with all the d1ck-heads in it and they somehow conspire to get a draw with a weakened Burnley side (assuming they rest a few) then that gives us another game to deal with. I think a strong team can go there and get a convincing win, where we can take it easy for the last 20 minutes anyway.

Yes. But more likely if playing a lot of games without a rest isn't it?

Our front 4 (attacking midfielders and striker) are working just as hard as our central midfielders and full backs. Some rotation when we can seems like a very good idea.

Chadli hasn't played that much, Townsend either. But Kane and Eriksen have been working all kinds of hard in a lot of games in the last month. Giving them a breather now might be a useful idea. Poch mentioned the need for being a bit careful with Kane as recently as yesterday or today iirc, and I think it might have been an indication that he's up for a bit of rotation for this one.

I think we can make a handful of changes, rest a couple of key players and still put out a relatively strong side. Giving some squad players some game time that might come in handy, improving our chances of getting a result against Palace and perhaps make sure our players don't run out of steam later on in the season in the process.

Chelsea kept being mentioned as a team that doesn't rotate during the December fixtures. Well, they got two losses in that period, both of them at the end of packed weeks with 3 games in a short amount of time.

I think this thread shows how much we need another couple of quality players drafted in. I'd like us to rest Kane, but I don't trust his replacements to get the job done. Watching Soldado mince about after we've had the pleasure of seeing young Harry do his thing will be just painful.

Back