• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Besiktas OMT ***

In Kane's case I think its just experience, he hasn't learned how to manage his reserves yet, Townsend is still gaining fitness i'd guess

Wow. What can you say about that. Another horrific display and but for thd excellent Hugo, we could easily have been humiliated. We may as well enjoy him while we can because I cant see him hanging around next season with this shower of ****e.

Vlad and Paulinho just pathetic. Townsend...........blind alley..........loses ball...........shoots off target. Thats it. Soldado, well frankly I touched the ball more then he did.

Great goal from Kane but the rest was just so meh ! I just see nothing in our team at all. No structure to our play, no improvement from last year, no gameplan, no pressure, no understanding, no intensity..............nothing.

Its all just so depressing at the moment.

Have to agree. If it had been a boxing match, they'd have won on points. We seem to lack ideas so desperately, and even when we do manage to engineer anything, the execution too often lets us down. So much mediocrity ...and below that, there's Chiricheș and the sort of shift he puts in.

Have to agree. If it had been a boxing match, they'd have won on points. We seem to lack ideas so desperately, and even when we do manage to engineer anything, the execution too often lets us down. So much mediocrity ...and below that, there's Chiricheș and the sort of shift he puts in.

Let's remember and take into account that Poch made 10 changes from the team that drew with the Goons. Such points might be valid if the first 11 had been selected, but they weren't, so give the performance some context.

We are never brimming with ideas, whoever he puts out. Seriously, just have Chiricheș chromed or something, and get whatever we can for him as a garden ornament the next time Bargain Hunt comes to Ally Pally.

Soldado was much better in the second half. He found little pockets of space and actually held the ball up really well.

Sometimes some of his movement seems to get missed. Quite often today he made some great runs that lead to space being created for the rest of the team.

yeah i look at the sub with ade and suspect that a transition to the epl is coming :)

Kane and Lamela are the only two players in my mind who we've seen this season try to influence the game and not hide. Always looking for the ball

I'd say Kane needs to start v saints. Maybe ahead of eriksen who has been a passenger.

Counter to that argument is that perhaps its best we stick with the same side and give them a proper run together

So.....We have a manager who thinks playing Paulinho on the right is going to help move things along?

That's what worries me much more than a Chiriches **** up. Also, the way the whole team were playing for the ten minutes before we conceded worries me more, it was obvious we'd concede because everyone went to panic stations and decided not to pass to a team mate. Same problem against Arsenal. If we have that nervousness about us we won't hold on to leads, and considering how **** we look in terms of attacking ability we really do need to keep a clean sheet once in a while to get a win against good opposition.

i thought Besiktas were very good.....its was a tough test for our b team

Chiriches - you'll hear a range of pronunciations of his name, but to me I now read him as "Crikeys".

Crikey - expression of surprise or bemusement.

Crikey - did he just do that ? Yes he did, and more besides, so simple to shorten them to Crikeys.

Soldado was much better in the second half. He found little pockets of space and actually held the ball up really well.

Sometimes some of his movement seems to get missed. Quite often today he made some great runs that lead to space being created for the rest of the team.

His runs are often missed, his run behind and across the CB who was moving out to close Harry down dragged the CB out of position and Harry the space to shoot into.
He created more chances than than anyone else.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

If we call aunty Pauline invisiblinho then gawd knows what we should call Soldado because we never EVER pass to the man!

It's hard to pick up on such things from the tv coverage

Regarding Soldado, i thought it was painful to watch Demba Ba show how a lone striker should operate. He was a nuisance all night to us, holding the ball up and getting in the box whilst working hard. I Could not help watch him and think that we missed a trick not getting him in. He helped link up all their nice midfield play, and he always fought for the ball.

Soldado has some nice little touches in him, he held it up nicely once. But thats it. More often than not he is not firs to the ball or loses out. He needs to play alongside another striker, he likes close link up play. And Big Ade gets knocked off the ball by everyone at the moment.

I think you might be right.....then again we've thought this before...

Not sure that's a good idea, the knives are already out for him and I think we will struggle in the next two games so all the blame will be laid at his door as usual.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Regarding Soldado, i thought it was painful to watch Demba Ba show how a lone striker should operate. He was a nuisance all night to us, holding the ball up and getting in the box whilst working hard. I Could not help watch him and think that we missed a trick not getting him in. He helped link up all their nice midfield play, and he always fought for the ball.

Soldado has some nice little touches in him, he held it up nicely once. But thats it. More often than not he is not firs to the ball or loses out. He needs to play alongside another striker, he likes close link up play. And Big Ade gets knocked off the ball by everyone at the moment.

easy to impress against Chiriches in this form

i thought Besiktas were very good.....its was a tough test for our b team

Agreed. As the commentators were saying, they tested Arsenal in the CL qualifier and they're probably the best Turkish side in Europe at the moment.

Credit to Poch for trusting in our squad and developing players and keeping the right focus on the league for now. People were having a go at AVB for playing too many first choice players, Poch does the opposite and no surprise the team isn't tearing teams apart and people are still not happy.

Almost all our team yesterday was younger players or players still settling in at the club. We were up against what the commentators described as the best team we've played in a group stage European game since being in the CL.

Disappointing to not win after being ahead again. Disappointed with some individuals. Some good positives to take from the game though! Much better from Ben Davies, Fazio looked good again, Bentaleb was better against too I thought and the biggest positive obviously Harry Kane.

What did Sherwood say last night,20 unenforced errors from last season.....we must be up to 6 or 7 already for this season.....

Sunday be the test for us,funny it was the same last season,a must win game against the Saints.

Back