• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Besiktas OMT ***

Weird game. Considering with how we started and the chances they had during the game I strangely felt quite comfortable all night. Only an idiotic mistake from Vlad cost us in the end, but Lloris was majestic.

Stambouli looked good to me, Bentaleb was a real mixed bag. Sloppy touch straight from kick off got us off to a poor start. Chiriches was shambolic throughout. Not sure what's wrong with him, it was a bad mistake, you could write it off but he gets away with 3 or so more similar errors throughout the game.
Perhaps the romanian posters can shed some light as to why he's so erratic. Is that just him?

Kane was the only one who looked like he wanted to make a difference.

I actually feel sorry for Paulinho now. It's clear his future is elsewhere now, shunted out on the right was a weird move. His confidence is gone. Soldado? Did some ok things, but we are just not suited to him. Townsend frustrates the hell out of me. Blind alleys, wrong decisions throughout, he tries but he could be so much more.

I thought Fazio was actually quite good.

Weird game. Considering with how we started and the chances they had during the game I strangely felt quite comfortable all night. Only an idiotic mistake from Vlad cost us in the end, but Lloris was majestic.

Stambouli looked good to me, Bentaleb was a real mixed bag. Sloppy touch straight from kick off got us off to a poor start. Chiriches was shambolic throughout. Not sure what's wrong with him, it was a bad mistake, you could write it off but he gets away with 3 or so more similar errors throughout the game.
Perhaps the romanian posters can shed some light as to why he's so erratic. Is that just him?

Kane was the only one who looked like he wanted to make a difference.

I actually feel sorry for Paulinho now. It's clear his future is elsewhere now, shunted out on the right was a weird move. His confidence is gone. Soldado? Did some ok things, but we are just not suited to him. Townsend frustrates the hell out of me. Blind alleys, wrong decisions throughout, he tries but he could be so much more.

I thought Fazio was actually quite good.

Agree with a lot of this. Taking off Stambouli if Bentaleb was on a red seems strange....perhaps Poch needs Stambouli for Southampton on Saturday as Capoue is injured?

I have to say, I can see another West Brom type performance again on Sunday sadly. It would have boosted so much to hold on for the win tonight and I sense Koeman and Southampton will sense blood big time now

Wow. What can you say about that. Another horrific display and but for thd excellent Hugo, we could easily have been humiliated. We may as well enjoy him while we can because I cant see him hanging around next season with this shower of ****e.

Vlad and Paulinho just pathetic. Townsend...........blind alley..........loses ball...........shoots off target. Thats it. Soldado, well frankly I touched the ball more then he did.

Great goal from Kane but the rest was just so meh ! I just see nothing in our team at all. No structure to our play, no improvement from last year, no gameplan, no pressure, no understanding, no intensity..............nothing.

Its all just so depressing at the moment.

Wow. What can you say about that. Another horrific display and but for thd excellent Hugo, we could easily have been humiliated. We may as well enjoy him while we can because I cant see him hanging around next season with this shower of ****e.

Vlad and Paulinho just pathetic. Townsend...........blind alley..........loses ball...........shoots off target. Thats it. Soldado, well frankly I touched the ball more then he did.

Great goal from Kane but the rest was just so meh ! I just see nothing in our team at all. No structure to our play, no improvement from last year, no gameplan, no pressure, no understanding, no intensity..............nothing.

Its all just so depressing at the moment.

I'm trying my hardest to disagree with this....

The one and two touch play along with the excellent movement from pre-season is just a distant memory now. Nobody showed for the ball tonight. Disappointing.

Demigod like goal keeping performance, lovely goal from Kane, good cameo from Dembele, a few nice touches from Soldado, em.... can't think of anything else that positive really.

The one and two touch play along with the excellent movement from pre-season is just a distant memory now. Nobody showed for the ball tonight. Disappointing.

Demigod like goal keeping performance, lovely goal from Kane, good cameo from Dembele, a few nice touches from Soldado, em.... can't think of anything else that positive really.

This. Indeed Vlad's first brainfart came about because he didn't pass the easy ball to the side but there wasn't anyone ahead of him showing for the ball..

I have to say, I can see another West Brom type performance again on Sunday sadly. It would have boosted so much to hold on for the win tonight and I sense Koeman and Southampton will sense blood big time now

Would have been good to get a win, but holding out for a 1-0 when we would have lost, at home, except for our MOM keeper would have masked some things. Yes, Besiktas were 'good', but everyone we seem to play ascend to being a 'good, tough, difficult' opponent it seems.

Last edited:
Would have been good to get a win, but holding out for a 1-0 when we would have lost except for our MOM keeper would have masked some things. Yes, Besiktas were 'good', but everyone we seem to play is a 'good, tough, difficult' opponent it seems.

I don't think a win would have masked things; we were playing our second team against their first choice.

However, we need to feel confident that we can hold onto a lead as many wins can come about from very fine margins such as tonight. A win tonight would have been a timely confidence boost

I don't think a win would have masked things; we were playing our second team against their first choice.

However, we need to feel confident that we can hold onto a lead as many wins can come about from very fine margins such as tonight. A win tonight would have been a timely confidence boost

I feel positive again about the fact we were under the cosh and we were holding out. Thanks largely to Lloris to be fair. But we are showing some resilience.

the game changed when he took Soldado off, the out ball went with him and from there on in the ball kept coming back towards Chiriches

not saying they didn't have chances before but they were interspersed with us having the ball in decent areas and giving them something to think about

the game changed when he took Soldado off, the out ball went with him and from there on in the ball kept coming back towards Chiriches

not saying they didn't have chances before but they were interspersed with us having the ball in decent areas and giving them something to think about

You might be right; you'd have expected Ade to put in just half-a-games required effort in the compressed time he was on the pitch. But whilst he was fed on the same scraps, he didn't really offer a good out ball...

Soldado was much better in the second half. He found little pockets of space and actually held the ball up really well.

Sometimes some of his movement seems to get missed. Quite often today he made some great runs that lead to space being created for the rest of the team.

Ade didn't come as deep, the tiring of others (notably Kane-Ingham) was a factor as well

Bobby had another frustrating night from a goalscoring POV but he certainly put in a useful shift

Yeah, why did so many tire??

Most of this team hadn't played for a week.

I hope this isn't the Poch hard-training in effect...didn't Ward-Prowse or someone else at Soton say that their training sessions are shorter but more intense (or something similar) now under Koeman?

Back