• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

Is Odegaard really that good? I don't seee enough of him so a genuine question
I think he is but they are now playing twice a week and need him to do more
He was the POTY for me last season
But… he can’t do it all on his own
Jesus is not as good as the hype. Nketiah is a scorer and not much else
Their team lacks goals still despite scoring plenty last season
Saka doesn’t like playing against strong players and destiny will own him at WHL

I think he is but they are now playing twice a week and need him to do more
He was the POTY for me last season
But… he can’t do it all on his own
Jesus is not as good as the hype. Nketiah is a scorer and not much else
Their team lacks goals still despite scoring plenty last season
Saka doesn’t like playing against strong players and destiny will own him at WHL

Nketiah averages about 3 goals a calendar year, the last thing he is is a scorer, he’s trash.

Scary thing is we have just gone toe to toe with a team people thought could win the league
Our team has massive balls right now under Ange is a big WIP
But the speed at it shows why an experienced coach can make a big difference
Sky were struggling that commentary as they were expecting an Arsenal win
They got Alan smith talking about how admirable it was of Arsenal to keep on going when they barely had the ball at that point
I think their penalty was their last shot on target

Anyone who thinks they can win the league isn't worth listening to.

Udogies arm is above his head? Further away from a natural postion than Romeros; a lot further away from his side than Romeros.

it just so happens that Romeros intercepts the shot on goal. Making it feel more like hand ball. But with Maddison’s tackle and point blank range, is it more of a handball?

Just shows up the hand ball rules.

Udogie arm is where it is because it gets taken there by the arsenal players jump, absolutely nothing he could do about, no way that's a pen.

Not convinced about Liverpool tbh, how Europe affects them is the key, might give them momentum, might disrupt them.
They'll be top four and probably second but that's not really saying much looking at utd and Chelsea.

Yeh that's why i think them just, literally no one else to push. It's a year too early for us, but I'm growing increasingly confident at least top 4/5+

I don’t make the rules mate. If a player gets fouled but stays on his feet and continues it’s not a foul. Same sort of thing.
That's where you're wrong. I didn't write the rules either, but I've read them often enough during over 20 years of refereeing. The rules make no distinction between contact or no contact. An attempt to bring down an opponent is equal to actually bringing him down. If you lunge in with a dangerous tackle, it doesn't matter if you connect or not, according to the rules. It's the action that is penalised, not the outcome.

Thoughts on the game

1. No one who doesn't know watches that game and thinks, yep, 1 team has their manager for 4 years, spent £700M, lots of experienced players and the other team is playing their 6th game under a new coach, wildly different style and only two players who have played in the NLD before.
2. Our best players turned up (Son, Maddison, Bissouma), how many times in the past that hasn't happened?
3. We played our way, we didn't change for them, as usual a lot of teams pressure us early and then we adapt and get into game more the longer it goes on.

General thoughts
- Luck/brick ref didn't help, Udogie, Sarr and Bissouma on early cards put a lot of pressure on us (Bissouma didn't seem to notice), soft penalty and they really got away with that fudged up tackle on Vicario
- Son and Maddison needing to come off early was probably the difference between draw and win (both weren't 100% according to Ange)

Individuals
- fudging clinical finishing from Son, if that Son is back, we are in a good place
- Maddison fudging did Saka for that first goal, hilarious
- Vicario is a lot better than I could have hoped, the saves and very importantly coming to claim stuff. Bonus for encouraging Romero after the OG
- Bissouma is a monster, can't wait to see him and Bentancur
- VDV, brilliant game

Finally, watch the post match interviews, our players are not happy, they wanted/expected a win there, a major shift in mentality

What a game.

I was just watching the highlights back and it struck me - gooner taco Smith notwithstanding - how refreshing it was to have a main commentator so plainly neutral in one of these games and genuinely excited when we scored.

Tyler was such a biased goon and you could always tell in his voice how disappointed he was when we scored, particularly at their place.

Anyway, the commentary sounded proportionate to the moments for me. I know Drury is a marmite figure, but I do feel his brings a uniqueness and sense of drama to the big occasion that I love. Long may it continue!

Back