• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd League cup semi Final first leg

not good enough to some on here mate. we THE MIGHTY SPURS should be CRUSHING nobodies Sheff Utd.

Agree with you, it is ridiculous.
Some of this lot would've cried at a few of the dodgy cup wins over weak op we had in the early 80s.
I think considering the thick, fast flow of games we are piling through, and players who are unavailable, we are doing very well right now.
No Chadli, Fazio, Lamela, Bentaleb as options. Still managing to rotate the squad. Still won. Clean sheet.

Ade is a disgrace none of them care we are rubbish! Mediocre performance v a tough team! Kane's been struggling with first touch last couple games and think we went long too early with ade up top! Would be interesting to at least see if lennon would offer anything before we get rid

Thought vorms kicking was quality today though

It was, peach of a ball out right early in the first half. But I'm not seeing Schmeichelesque assists.

Where as some of Lloris saves are as good as goals. If you counted the ones which most others bar De Gea wouldn't get he's probably our top scorer

It was all about the touch for me. Dembele and Paulinho were so much more comfortable on the ball and never looked like losing it. Eriksen too, and Kane. That should have been our core at WHL. Away from home we will need to battle more but I think there will be more space so the energy of Stambouli and Mason will probably be a better bet.

Oh and Lloris in goal. No mucking about from here on please. Ditto Europa. Vorm can have Leicester.

Why would you drop Worm who has conceded one goal in this cup?

Poch won't do that anyway, if we get to the final maybe but even then I'd be surprised....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Well they will fancy their chances now for sure. The big bonus has to be the clean sheet, that's massive though.

Pretty average performance tonight, very disappointed with Eriksen tonight, not seen him play that poor for a long time, did he forget which end we were attacking?

It's going to be a great atmosphere next Weds night that's for sure, we are going to need all our 5500 to give the lads our full support, it is going to go down to the wire.

In some ways, if it were a 3-0 first leg win it would be a pointless second leg for our away fans, should be a big match now.

Eriksen was as poor as I've ever seen him, he was awful. Perhaps should have been rested for a change....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

We won.
That means we found a way to break-through.
Compare that to previous managers who have actually NOT been able to 'break through' teams that sit behind the ball and defend deep.
So yes mate, absolutely denying it because it isn't true.
1-0.

I guess if your saying that their defender handling the ball and giving us a soft penalty is proof of us finding a way to break through then yes.

Im just astounded at how poor we play on a regular basis, especially tonight with wembley in our grasp. Its so frustrating. Just wondering if you think we played well ? Were you happy with Poch making Ade captain in a cup semi final ? Were you happy with Poch playing a Kane in red hot form in a position where it was obvious he would be ineffective ?

I'm okay with that result. We didn't lose and I agree with what Hoddle said; that there will be more space for the counter next week.

It was poor, but this has been our level this season in these kind of games. It's pretty much the same every time. We seem to have no idea how to break teams down. To be fair, it was the same under AVB, but we need to get better.

I wonder what our plan is in these games. Do we practice patterns of play that might open up defences? What do we do in training that will help us get better at it? I obviously don't know, but Poch has been in charge for a while now, and I see no improvement. We don't create chances. When we do, its usually down to an individual coming up with something rather than a good team move.

It seems like Poch's plan is to win possession in good areas, but you will only do that so many times. We must also have a plan for how to break teams down when they sit deep. How many games can you honestly say that we have performed well in this season? Only about a handful, perhaps, and the majority of those good performances have come in helter skelter games like the homes games against Everton and Chelsea when we had space to play in.

If you say anything critical about how we have done under Pochettino you get crucified on this site, but everything is not well.

It was poor, but this has been our level this season in these kind of games. It's pretty much the same every time. We seem to have no idea how to break teams down. To be fair, it was the same under AVB, but we need to get better.

I wonder what our plan is in these games. Do we practice patterns of play that might open up defences? What do we do in training that will help us get better at it? I obviously don't know, but Poch has been in charge for a while now, and I see no improvement. We don't create chances. When we do, its usually down to an individual coming up with something rather than a good team move.

It seems like Poch's plan is to win possession in good areas, but you will only do that so many times. We must also have a plan for how to break teams down when they sit deep. How many games can you honestly say that we have performed well in this season? Only about a handful, perhaps, and the majority of those good performances have come in helter skelter games like the homes games against Everton and Chelsea when we had space to play in.

If you say anything critical about how we have done under Pochettino you get crucified on this site, but everything is not well.

did we lose? draw? or did we win?

Amen brother.

We were clearly tired. Eriksen was a shadow of what he can do.

Lets not forget we also had a back keeper playing (Vorm) , and two players coming back from injury (Mason & Adebayor) aswell as players short of match fitness (Stambouli, Dier, ). Add to that Walker coming back from long term injury.

It really is a positive that we have so many games as so many of ours guys need to play.

Answers in bold below mate

I guess if your saying that their defender handling the ball and giving us a soft penalty is proof of us finding a way to break through then yes.

No, it is in Verts chipping a ball in for a striker who has made an excellent move off the last defender's shoulder, who has shown lovely touch to bring the ball under control and who has forced the defender into swatting the ball down. It is called chiseling a chance, and we did.

Im just astounded at how poor we play on a regular basis, especially tonight with wembley in our grasp. Its so frustrating. Just wondering if you think we played well ?

From the moment the African Nations Cup started I was fearful, as Bentaleb is (for me) a key player. Mason being hurt didn't help. This was his first game back and he was rusty. Benji does well all considered, but he is not top drawer.Right now, for me PERSONALLY, we move the ball too slowly and lack pace. So I cant say I think we've ben scintillating, no. But I DO think the manager has us doing very very well with what we have.

Were you happy with Poch making Ade captain in a cup semi final ?

If he starts him, and Kaboul isn't playing which will be more times than not, then he has to be as he is vice-captain? Was I happy? I was frankly indifferent. My general hope is that we do not have to rely upon him at all.

Were you happy with Poch playing a Kane in red hot form in a position where it was obvious he would be ineffective ?

Personally? Indifferent. I trust the manager to get the side he thinks can get the win.

Back