• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd League cup semi Final first leg

I can't understand why we moan at a "backwards" pass when in 2 seconds it becomes a forward pass. It simply is trying to draw a defender out of position. Are our fans that clueless??? It is so puzzling to watch/hear fans moan who have watched so many games by now be so naive and childish to not understand that sometimes you need to recycle possession.

Not an easy game, but they were a solid team, at least there were no outstanding players who could do damage. Second leg, we must take seriously or we'll be asking for trouble.

Im not denying that yet again, we played woeful under Poch, yet again he made some shockingly bad management decisions, and yet again he showed his inability to have a clue how to break down and beat a lesser team. Are you denying it ?

We won.
That means we found a way to break-through.
Compare that to previous managers who have actually NOT been able to 'break through' teams that sit behind the ball and defend deep.
So yes mate, absolutely denying it because it isn't true.
1-0.

Happy with the result even though the performance was poor. They were organised and galvanised. Think they wanted it more. Our passing I'm tight channels was poor. But we have a goal.

Will be more space next game. Hope we exploit it early.

It was all about the touch for me. Dembele and Paulinho were so much more comfortable on the ball and never looked like losing it. Eriksen too, and Kane. That should have been our core at WHL. Away from home we will need to battle more but I think there will be more space so the energy of Stambouli and Mason will probably be a better bet.

Oh and Lloris in goal. No mucking about from here on please. Ditto Europa. Vorm can have Leicester.

I can't understand why we moan at a "backwards" pass when in 2 seconds it becomes a forward pass. It simply is trying to draw a defender out of position. Are our fans that clueless??? It is so puzzling to watch/hear fans moan who have watched so many games by now be so naive and childish to not understand that sometimes you need to recycle possession.

Not an easy game, but they were a solid team, at least there were no outstanding players who could do damage. Second leg, we must take seriously or we'll be asking for trouble.

just clueless fans in the ground mate. what i found funny is passing back to Vert lead to the pen.

Well they will fancy their chances now for sure. The big bonus has to be the clean sheet, that's massive though.

Pretty average performance tonight, very disappointed with Eriksen tonight, not seen him play that poor for a long time, did he forget which end we were attacking?

It's going to be a great atmosphere next Weds night that's for sure, we are going to need all our 5500 to give the lads our full support, it is going to go down to the wire.

It was always going to be a tight semi this one, and nothing has changed. Not you mate, but some seem to forget that we beat Burnley 4-1 in 2008 and then proceeded to nearly shaft ourselves. I think the fact it's tight might well be the best thing for us. Forces focus. Forces concentration. And gives us a cracking chance to hit on the counter as Sheff Utd will surely come at us seeking that early goal.

Happy with the team except for Vorm instead of Lloris. Lloris has saved us so many times and in a game where we REALLY want a good result, he should be playing if fit. (I assume he's not injured).

Thought vorms kicking was quality today though

That was poor.

Penalty aside we created nothing, which is a worry as that's three games in a row we have had a fair amount of the ball and not really created anything.

We need fresh legs and new ideas. Levy needs to get the cheque book out.

It was all about the touch for me. Dembele and Paulinho were so much more comfortable on the ball and never looked like losing it. Eriksen too, and Kane. That should have been our core at WHL. Away from home we will need to battle more but I think there will be more space so the energy of Stambouli and Mason will probably be a better bet.

Oh and Lloris in goal. No mucking about from here on please. Ditto Europa. Vorm can have Leicester.

some of the little flicks back and first time football on the edge of the box was genuinely appalling. i was really surprised. the likes of townsend, walker, davies, ade even kane today were really ropey in tight areas. the less said about mason's passing today the better.

i dont think we'll be as poor in the second leg and like many have said they need to score.

Back