• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project *** OMT

Bentaleb and Mason should be afraid...very afraid. Dier and Alli were immense. City should have also been down to ten men. The officials had a mare today. Just a quick shout out on Pellegrini's behalf. I thought he had a lot of class and didn't blame the officials. Can you imagine what Wenger and the Special One would have done?

But they had zero legit goals.

You can't say our offside goal is a key one that brought us level when we shouldn't have been behind in the first place; de Bruyne's shouldn't have counted.

They have no grounds for complaint regarding the result.

All things being equal we won 2-0.

I'm just saying it's understandable that they are tinkled off with the offside decisions - re their goal vs ours, two wrongs don't make a right

Steff's above post #329 says it all for me.....

A big well done to Poch &
the players. Very optimistic for this season... COYS!!!

Personally, I think another ref would have followed intructions and given Harry off-side, and I wouldn't have given us the free kick in the first place. That said, I need to see it all again.

Positive stuff, but only against another side that want to take us on. The 12 man defence (inc ref) still baffles us.

Bad bits by several, but everyone scrapped and Emirates Marketing Project couldn't handle it. Had we taken some more obvios chances it might have been 6 or 7.

What larks, Pip. What larks !.

MORE !!

MORE !!!

I'm just saying it's understandable that they are tinkleed off with the offside decisions - re their goal vs ours, two wrongs don't make a right

They don't - but then they were also lucky to finish with 11 on the pitch. How it wasn't a second yellow for Demichelis when it was a first yellow for Eriksen 2 minutes later for much less I don't know.

At the start of the season I didn't believe top 4 was attainable for at least another season or two. But seeing how we have outplayed all our opponents this season and made them look pedestrian, I just don't know. Maybe it's not so fantastical after all. City tomorrow will be the acid test. And not the result, but how we play them. If we play them like we did Yoonited at OT, I would think we would have to be considered a top 4 contender.

Yes, I do believe we have a shot.

The league seems very competitive this season with not much quality out in front at the top - think we have a chance if we have some extended consistency (along with several others too)

I'm ever the optimist when it comes to Spurs and there's no way I think we can win th league. But that's the kind of display that wins leagues. One down to a bad goal-dodgy decision to boot. But we never gave up. Ferguson would have been pwoud of that team today, a very fergie display.

Bentaleb and Mason should be afraid...very afraid. Dier and Alli were immense. City should have also been down to ten men. The officials had a mare today. Just a quick shout out on Pellegrini's behalf. I thought he had a lot of class and didn't blame the officials. Can you imagine what Wenger and the Special One would have done?

Absolutely agree with your opening statement it's great to have options.

Just back from the game. What can I say - an amazing performance, an amazing team performance.. Some observations:

1. Lloris is world class.
2. Dier's goal came at the perfect moment.
3. We kept playing right until the end, and it didn't seem as if we went overly defensive.
4. Oh yes -and the referee really was crap - and I'm not usually too critical of the refs.

FFS it wasn't about off-side goals for me today, I have no sympathy for City! It was about our attitude, every one of those players had a job to do and did it bloody well. Even after we conceded we kept calm and kept them on the back foot. I was pleased for Lamela for sticking two fingers up to his critics - you know who you are. City were rattled today and were second best in every position on that pitch. We defended like trojans and attacked like warriors going for the kill. I sense that quite a few have missed this in here - this was more than just about the result, it was about a new found style of play that is slowly starting to breed itself this season, our performances are improving!

I was really expecting to concede a stupid late goal like we always do (Chelsea at Home last season) that would take some of the gloss off, but we didn't. Kept our defensive composure until the final whistle.

I don't think I've ever been as proud watching a game at WHL as today. There was something different about it. We've beaten big teams before, smashed them even. We've had some great performances. But it has always felt like either a shock win, an outlier result, or a small peak in an otherwise underwhelming run of inconsistency.

Today it was like a coming together of a real plan. We are a club pulling in one direction. We have shifted out players that don't buy into what we are doing. We have signed and promoted players that completely suit the bigger picture. I maintained when City were signing Sterling and De Bruyne it didn't matter that much. They would reach a point where, much like a tech companies' sky high valuation right now, the players they signed just couldn't be worth that much more money than we could spend. We really should look at the amazing job that has been done to get a team containing for example a midfield of a League 1 signing paired with a converted centre back to dominate the title favourites. And yet it wasn't like it was a shock. They really deserved it.

The team is so young and growing together. I feared during the first half their were a few nerves. That maybe we needed just one absolute bastard in the team to ensure they are constantly riled up. I thought that maybe the disadvantage of having a team of similar, team orientated young men meant that if things weren't going their way, the collective heads would drop. And maybe that will happen from time to time. But the definite advantage is, they are growing together, they are comfortable with each other, and when one rises, they all rise together. They collectively swarm the opposition and hit form in a game at the same time, and it's great to see. I think it will lead to a good amount of consistency in performance for us.

Just a great great day. I really am so proud. Proud of the young players for doing the business. Proud of Levy for putting a strategy in place and having the foresight to know he needs to make the right hires and signings in the right places to carry it out. Proud of having a manager like Poch, who away from and on the touchline just seems to be a sheer class act. Proud of Lamela for never hiding even though the road to good performances has been ridiculously hard and he could have decided to jack it all in.

First game of the season for me. Amazed at the result seeing as Clattenberg managed to give them nigh on every 50/50, and yellowed us for most stuff but not them.

Anyway - on to the positives....

Simply put,if every player keeps those effort levels up this season then there will be no complaints from me. Seems the work rate is infectious, led by Son, Kane and Lamela.

COYS!

They don't - but then they were also lucky to finish with 11 on the pitch. How it wasn't a second yellow for Demichelis when it was a first yellow for Eriksen 2 minutes later for much less I don't know.

Eriksen was booked for kicking the ball away, not for the challenge that preceded it, but yes, Demichelis should have gone, for sure. Clattenburg bottled it.

Back