• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace****

anyone think our clean sheets are due to walker attacking less and switching from rose to davies?

I think it's down to a host of things, Dier very much at the centre though - there were reports that Poch (along with the rest of us) was unhappy with our defensive performance last season and spent significant time this summer working on that area of our game, seems to be paying off at the moment, just hope it doesn't come at the expense of the attack, good signs against Palace that that won't be the case though

Under the radar. I watched the game on sky then the highlights on MOTD expecting some comments on how good we have been and how we are a young growing team with a lot of potential.
Instead another w***fest over martial and LVG and the how Brenda might actually be doing an ok job at pool.
Quite happy at how it's panning out and think we can have a good season by keeping it low key. But it is annoying as hell listening to the cobblers about the two had been clubs.

And to make it worse, even our ex-player, Capoue (Watford) was included in Soccernet's team-of-the-week but none of the Spurs players made it.

Personally I would rather we remain chugging along under the radar. We have a very young team and I would rather they aren't playing under pressure at the moment, instead building confidence through wins and performances.

Lets let West Ham, Leicester, Man Utd and whoever else take the headlines and the pressure while we go about our business quietly and professionally.

He was brilliant today I thought. Completely bossed Bolasie/Zaha/Sako.

He stayed back much more yesterday. Which was an excellent call by Poch, Palace are a handful (my second team) Pardue is doing a great job there.
We defended well against a very pacy attack.

Personally I would rather we remain chugging along under the radar. We have a very young team and I would rather they aren't playing under pressure at the moment, instead building confidence through wins and performances.

Lets let West Ham, Leicester, Man Utd and whoever else take the headlines and the pressure while we go about our business quietly and professionally.
spot on
Feck the adulation it's points that matter - we all know we played well and that's what matters. Lawro wanted Son for Liverpool me thinks - But they got Benteke! greedy or what ;)

Very happy with what I saw yesterday, we have a young side with a lot of new players mixed into the team. Under Pardew Palace have won ( before yesterday) 10 of their last 12 away games and are dangerous on the break. I thought our whole team played well and when they get used to each others games more will improve.

It was great to see Eriksen back in the team ( we have badly missed his creative play) and now with Song he will be able to slip balls through to runners which we have struggled with up to now.

Alli has great promise and has that swagger which a lot of great players have, as long as we do not overplay him and he keeps working at his game he looks like he is going to be immense. I hate overpraising young players because history shows that a lot of them fail to live up to expetations ( Caulker, Livermore, and many others over the years) but I do see a lot in Alli and its now down to him how far he wants to go.

Dier again showed what our CM has been missing and although he was not as good as he has been yesterday he still could be one Pochs best decisions to play him there. Lamela showed that he has a lot of ability and I do hope that this will be the turning point for him/us and he pushes on.

As for the rest our defence is starting to look very strong and the pairing of Jan and Toby looks better every game, I know there were a few at the game who slagged Walker off ( again he is turning into the new Jenas) but overall he is looking like he is getting back to his best, and along with Davies we looked secure for most of the game.

The only worrying sign is Kane is struggling with his game he is making poor decisions and snatching at things which is never a good sign, I hope that Poch has a word and tells him to start looking around for other players to bring into the game. Once the first goal goes in he will have a weight lifted off his shoulders and we will then see him to return to what he does best.

Very happy with what I saw yesterday, we have a young side with a lot of new players mixed into the team. Under Pardew Palace have won ( before yesterday) 10 of their last 12 away games and are dangerous on the break. I thought our whole team played well and when they get used to each others games more will improve.

It was great to see Eriksen back in the team ( we have badly missed his creative play) and now with Song he will be able to slip balls through to runners which we have struggled with up to now.

Alli has great promise and has that swagger which a lot of great players have, as long as we do not overplay him and he keeps working at his game he looks like he is going to be immense. I hate overpraising young players because history shows that a lot of them fail to live up to expetations ( Caulker, Livermore, and many others over the years) but I do see a lot in Alli and its now down to him how far he wants to go.

Dier again showed what our CM has been missing and although he was not as good as he has been yesterday he still could be one Pochs best decisions to play him there. Lamela showed that he has a lot of ability and I do hope that this will be the turning point for him/us and he pushes on.

As for the rest our defence is starting to look very strong and the pairing of Jan and Toby looks better every game, I know there were a few at the game who slagged Walker off ( again he is turning into the new Jenas) but overall he is looking like he is getting back to his best, and along with Davies we looked secure for most of the game.

The only worrying sign is Kane is struggling with his game he is making poor decisions and snatching at things which is never a good sign, I hope that Poch has a word and tells him to start looking around for other players to bring into the game. Once the first goal goes in he will have a weight lifted off his shoulders and we will then see him to return to what he does best.

I was thinking along the lines of the above 'erudite' :cool: post last night. My mind then wandered back to the hysteria over the Berahino non transfer.........:)

Great minds :D

I thought we played well, and I was pleased with how son played, he looks like he maybe a key player this season, don't think he is a lone striker though. Don't you think Kane could do with a slight rest, and/or the pressure being taken off him?

You must be joking?!!! Kane had a fine game today, the only true blot on his copybook being that first-half free-header which he planted wide. Glad he is still getting into those positions to miss chances. Have a little faith mate, he will be golden for years to come.

I would be interested to see the stats of Kane's work rate now compared to when he first got into the team

I thought we played well, and I was pleased with how son played, he looks like he maybe a key player this season, don't think he is a lone striker though. Don't you think Kane could do with a slight rest, and/or the pressure being taken off him?

Not sure he needs a rest to be honest as I have said before I do believe that Poch needs to have a word though, something along the lines of to start looking to play other players in and to stop snatching at half chances. If he does that and stops trying to score every time he gets the ball the pressure should lift, one of the problems with a lot of young players is that when things do not go well the pressure does build and it makes things seem worse then they are. There is nothing wrong with his overall game its just that his decision making is not at its best( the more he tries the worse it becomes), if Poch can get this across to him then in most cases it will gets easier for him.

The thing is though, we don't really need a lone striker. If Son plays the Bale role, doesn't really matter if we have a lone striker or four forward players that can make things happen and score goals. I'd even argue we'd be more difficult to defend if we play with an interchanging front line instead of having a classic target man.

Not sure he needs a rest to be honest as I have said before I do believe that Poch needs to have a word though, something along the lines of to start looking to play other players in and to stop snatching at half chances. If he does that and stops trying to score every time he gets the ball the pressure should lift, one of the problems with a lot of young players is that when things do not go well the pressure does build and it makes things seem worse then they are. There is nothing wrong with his overall game its just that his decision making is not at its best( the more he tries the worse it becomes), if Poch can get this across to him then in most cases it will gets easier for him.

Fair point, I think an alternative focal point would be useful though.

The thing is though, we don't really need a lone striker. If Son plays the Bale role, doesn't really matter if we have a lone striker or four forward players that can make things happen and score goals. I'd even argue we'd be more difficult to defend if we play with an interchanging front line instead of having a classic target man.

Kane is our focal point, not sure how anyone can Judge how we would play without one.

Kane even when not coring is involved a lot and puts in a really shift, one that's easy to miss and ignore due to others shining. His donkey work though is a big part of why they can shine and he will get his goals back I'm sure

I've said it a few times but we remind of chelse last season without the clown shoe element

Solid defence, holding midfielder and a creator along side him

A mix of players behind a lone toward who does the physical role as well as scoring ( for Oscar, Willian and hazard we have Eriksen, Lamella and Son)

Under the radar. I watched the game on sky then the highlights on MOTD expecting some comments on how good we have been and how we are a young growing team with a lot of potential.
Instead another w***fest over martial and LVG and the how Brenda might actually be doing an ok job at pool.
Quite happy at how it's panning out and think we can have a good season by keeping it low key. But it is annoying as hell listening to the cobblers about the two had been clubs.

Of course! The media know their business full well, and their business is all about playing to the gallery. The post-1992 football industry set about creating its own target market, made up not of genuine footie fans, but of an army of Johnny-come-lately glory hunters, and long ago dedicated itself to pandering to them. I take a minimum of notice.

Of course! The media know their business full well, and their business is all about playing to the gallery. The post-1992 football industry set about creating its own target market, made up not of genuine footie fans, but of an army of Johnny-come-lately glory hunters, and long ago dedicated itself to pandering to them. I take a minimum of notice.
I seldom watch the pundits, usually I fast forward through them but I had the misfortune to watch the program live.

Back