• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace****

Not long back...had a great day out with the daughter and enjoyed a very good game against decent opposition.

Lloris is just le GHod.

Lamela was really good and it looked like it meant alot to him when he came off and got a standing ovation.

Really pleased with the win and the peformance was decent...Alli & particulary Dier were excellent!

COYS!

PS Someone needs to talk to Walker - it looks like he is getting close to being due a brain fart every game.

I think this was a very good performance from the team. We are starting to look dangerous because of the directness of our players. I think we have quite a few decent options that offer something different. I'm looking forward to N'Jie to become acclimatised to see what he can do. I think with Eriksen back we will find far more chances created.

I want to see Kane score to get that monkey off his back and just to shut the media up. It won't be long until they start pointing out how many minutes it has been since he scored.

It will be interesting to see our team for the next two games.

One thing I find very encouraging, is that despite Palace trying very hard to push us, they didn't manage to create any chances or even half chances after we scored. Team looks solid and well balanced. I think Chadli and the team would benefit if he gets a few games on the bench. Lamela, Eriksen and Son to play vs man bricky.

Son is the new heartbeat of the team..........so much positive energy emanates from him, its infectious

Agreed. He has taken over from what Kane provided last term. Kane's lack of energy is now very worrying. Regardless of the goals, the closing down, chasing down everything and everyone seems to have disappeared at the moment. Son's energy levels highlight this even more.

anyone think our clean sheets are due to walker attacking less and switching from rose to davies?
Definitely helps when your FBs are defending more, although I could argue that Rose was quite excellent in his defensive duties, even though he bombed forward, so I don't think Davies added much in that department. I do think that Dier providing excellent cover for the CBs and really commanding our half of the pitch is probably the biggest factor.

Kane's lack of energy is now very worrying. Regardless of the goals, the closing down, chasing down everything and everyone seems to have disappeared at the moment.
I thought Kane worked hard, I can remember him putting in some great challenges and tackling back. And perhaps Poch told him to stay upfield and stop coming so deep to get the ball (the twunts on MotD2 said Kane was coming too deep at the start of the season and not in the box enough)

Agreed. He has taken over from what Kane provided last term. Kane's lack of energy is now very worrying. Regardless of the goals, the closing down, chasing down everything and everyone seems to have disappeared at the moment. Son's energy levels highlight this even more.

You must be joking?!!! Kane had a fine game today, the only true blot on his copybook being that first-half free-header which he planted wide. Glad he is still getting into those positions to miss chances. Have a little faith mate, he will be golden for years to come.

Definitely helps when your FBs are defending more, although I could argue that Rose was quite excellent in his defensive duties, even though he bombed forward, so I don't think Davies added much in that department. I do think that Dier providing excellent cover for the CBs and really commanding our half of the pitch is probably the biggest factor.

Yeh, when our FBs bomb forward Dier seems to drop in almost like a third CB which wasn't happening before. Also he's quick over short distances so seems to be able to get in and stop counter attacks before they really develop into something dangerous.

Happy with this win. But wish we had won this game more comfortably. It was real tense until we scored the goal. Thought we played really well and deserved to win the match. But as usual, we wasted many goal scoring chances that came our way. We really need to be more clinical in front of goal. It could have been costly for us as Palace hit the post twice. Fortunately for us the goal posts have saved us many times this season.

Well done to Son for scoring the winning goal. We badly needed that goal as Palace were coming back more into the match by then. Nice to see Son getting his first league goal and his 3rd in 2 matches for us. Never thought he will settle in at Spurs so soon like this. Hope he can score more goals for us with Kane and Chadli out of form. Credit to Eriksen for assisting the goal for Son. It was great to see Eriksen coming back from injury. But disappointingly, Kane again failed to score yet again. He really should have done better with the header from the Lamela corner.

Lamela had another good game and was unlucky not to score a goal. He had a shot and a good freekick saved by the goalie. He also could have scored a goal if Kane had passed to him instead of trying from the impossible angle after the shot by Alli. But Lamela should really get his equal share of credit for that goal by Son as well. It was the hardwork and persistence of Lamela which enabled us to score that goal. He was struggling to get hold of the ball and was falling to the ground but somehow still managed to control the ball and pass it to Eriksen. It is clear Lamela is getting better and more confident by each match.

I think we won this match due to the domination of our midfield. Dier had a good game protecting our defence and stopping the Palace attack. Similiarly, Delli too was troubling the Palace defence many times. But thought Chadli had a poor match and wasted a good chance to score. Big credit to our defence for keeping another clean sheet, our 3rd consecutive clean sheet in the league. But it would not have been possible if not for the world class save by Lloris just before we scored. Lloris seems to be in good form now which is great to see. It helps when Vertonghen and Alderweireld protects him by not making any blunders.

This win is really satisfying due to many factors. One, we beat Palace despite failing to do home or away last season. Then we won a league match after playing in Europe. And this is also our 3rd consecutive win in all competitions. Hope this win will boost our confidence against Arsenal in the League Cup on Wednesday.

Under the radar. I watched the game on sky then the highlights on MOTD expecting some comments on how good we have been and how we are a young growing team with a lot of potential.
Instead another w***fest over martial and LVG and the how Brenda might actually be doing an ok job at pool.
Quite happy at how it's panning out and think we can have a good season by keeping it low key. But it is annoying as hell listening to the cobblers about the two had been clubs.

Back