• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Crystal Palace OMT***

Poch has to go. There is nothing there at all. NOTHING ! ! ! Its complete and utter rubbish from a clueless manager. We arent a "project", we arent a "work in progress", we arent going to get anywhere if he is given "time", we are simply a rudderless train wreck of a football team with no leadership or management from the top. Put the tea lady in charge and I dont think we would have been this bad.

You are kidding aren't you? Every time lamela got the ball, he ended up turning it over. I lost count of the number of times he was dispossessed. Also shirked the airial physical stuff.

Last edited:
We lost all momentum going forward with Lamela going off...

We lost it as soon as Lennon was left on the bench. When I saw the starting XI, I assumed he was injured. There is no good side in all of world football that has no pace going forward, not one. Lamela was probbaly supposed to have pace, I think he left it in Italy. Chadli has half a yard, compared to Soldado he's Usain Bolt. Lennon was required for more than 10 minutes today.

LOL at this thread. Sack Pochettino?

We've been **** for months. Yet you lot seem surprised?
Improving this team will take time.

It's pretty much the least successful form of attack but English fans still scream for it.

And what is the problem with having diversity in attack instead of our ridiculous one-dimentional approach favoured by AVB and now seemingly also Poch. It is so easy to defend against us playing in this way.

Poch seems to make some really wierd decisions. Changing a winning team against Chelsea. Dropping a player who has just scored his first goal in yonks. Dropping Lennon today when width was needed. Playing Dier ahead of a fit and fresh Naughton. Insisting on inverted wingers when it simply isnt working. Playing Lamela and Eriksen together (just like Dempsey and Siggy) they seem to get in each others way.

Is there any signs of improvement through coaching? I thought that is what we were buying into with Poch.

Imagine if us fans were in charge. We would walk the league in my view.

Usually I'd completely agree with you that the fans know nowhere near as much as the manager, but today was a complete joke to be honest.

The issue of dire home performances, trying to play eye of the needle football on the most congested pitch in the league has been happening for over 2 years now. It's not a Poch specific thing. But he cost us today by not making the most obvious play. I firmly believe that.

Hang on these are the same players who were ****e last season, and Sherwood labelled gutless. Seriously there are not great options everywhere. Paulinho has not played well from the beginning, Chadli has been inconsistent, Soldado cannot score, ADe doesn't play, Chiriches is woeful, Capoue is woeful, Walker is injured Lennon, with his injury problems, has played 2 games in a row and we have a game on Thurs which is crucial to determine where we finish. Every time Lamela plays he gets slated by fans. Ok Poch could play stambouli more, but he is giving bentaleb and mason a run. So what are the options?

The other thing is the lack of Lennon could be excused if we had a pacey striker, but we have Soldado who needs good service, but not if he has no time and every time the ball goes near him we have 4 Palace players around him in half a second.

Two reasons for that: firstly we looked exhausted from the second we kicked off. Not physically, perhaps, but certainly mentally. And to an extent I don't blame the lads: Poch is notorious for his insistence on heavy training, and that plus three games in six days necessarily means a tired, worn out team, lacking mental freshness.

Secondly, our full-backs were slow as hell, and Dier in particular was extremely averse to providing any sort of width. Again, understandable, given the unfair booing and name-calling he's apparently had to endure from the fans recently...but that left us with zero, zero pace on the field aside from Lamela, who cut inside all the time anyway. No width, no stretching Palace out. No stretching Palace out, no goals. We need Rose and Walker in the side, desperately.

Can't understand why Lennon wasn't brought on earlier, and utterly baffled by the Paulinho switch, but I'll give Poch the benefit of the doubt.

Lennon and Chriches worked well together against Everton playing quick passing triangles with whoever was inside them -usually Eriksen or Mason.

Without Lennon and Chiriches we got slow play from Lamela who just hangs onto the ball and carries it enough for their players to mark up, and close the space down. And Dier isn't the neat passer Chiriches (despite his many faults) is.

If we want to make progress we have to Eriksen on the ball where he can influence the game. Width to stretch the game out. And quick passing.
I have absolutely no idea what Poch is up to.

Poch has to go. There is nothing there at all. NOTHING ! ! ! Its complete and utter rubbish from a clueless manager. We arent a "project", we arent a "work in progress", we arent going to get anywhere if he is given "time", we are simply a rudderless train wreck of a football team with no leadership or management from the top. Put the tea lady in charge and I dont think we would have been this bad.

Im disgusted by that performance but no Poch doesnt HAVE to go. Poch was poor today and worse than the players but ill give him time. The issue I have is he is AVB MKII - reminds me so much of AVB.

I'll take a point.
Kane, Mason, Soldado all looked knackered.
There was no space between their midifeld (because of the 433) for us to play unlike Everton(4231) and Chelsea(4231).
Kane in particular couldnt get space unless he went wide.

Lamela was at least doing something before he went off and he had legs.
Chadli looks unfit and was lost today.

LOL at this thread. Sack Pochettino?

We've been **** for months. Yet you lot seem surprised?
Improving this team will take time.

We won't get anywhere with him dude. We played better football under Christian Gross.

The whole squad really is filled with a lot of average players. Chelsea's second team would probably get into our first team bar Loris.

It needs a complete overhaul and we need pace and I'm including the manager.

Im disgusted by that performance but no Poch doesnt HAVE to go. Poch was poor today and worse than the players but ill give him time. The issue I have is he is AVB MKII - reminds me so much of AVB.

In what way do you think that he reminiscent of AVB?

Back