• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

I think we should all be feeling confident, except the sofa bloking OP, whose relentless flip-flopping may have angered the OMT deities, thus jeopardising our nailed on triumph.

Looking forward to it myself.:-"

3-1; Adebayor, VdV, Bale - Irrelevant

I read the Evening Standard article - NINE of the 11 joint team would be made up of Spurs players. Thats hardly biased.

Surely you are being sarcastical?

Not at all. He does give us a lot of praise but its mainly back handed compliments. He is one of the "Wenger out" phalanx.

Jack Wheelchair raised the stakes with a charity bet, while Wojciech Szczesny predicted their rivals would eventually be derailed. But as Arsenal's authority was increasingly challenged by Spurs' swagger, Rafael van der Vaart declared Tottenham's the better squad and Jermain Defoe cheekily claimed the next derby mattered more to the Gunners

For years, Spurs supporters lived in the shadow of Arsene Wenger's Arsenal, targeting victories over their fiercest enemy to serve as a consolation for their league table subservience.

Are Arsenal still top dogs while at their lowest ebb for years as Tottenham enjoy the best they can possibly hope for, or have Spurs usurped their rivals to the extent they can dominate north London for years to come? Where does that arrogance - a good arrogance by the way - that comes with a winning mentality reveal itself now?

Every compliment he gives us; or any time he writes something about us he has to sneak something negative in about us. I've never seen him write anything about us at all in the 'Standard. Most of his articles are Arsenal focused, having a go a the current set up. Also looking at his twitter he mainly seems to cover Arsenal news too.

I read the Evening Standard article - NINE of the 11 joint team would be made up of Spurs players. Thats hardly biased.
Its more a case of him bemoaning the set up as he has done in a lot of his previous articles. He seems to support the club but he's not happy with the current team nor the management hence why he is talking up our players.

Its more a case of him bemoaning the set up as he has done in a lot of his previous articles. He seems to support the club but he's not happy with the current team nor the management hence why he is talking up our players.

Stop reading free sheets. They are free = without value.

In the best XI it has this;

Thomas Vermaelen
Endured a nightmare in Milan but Arsenal are usually a much more resilient proposition when Vermaelen is available. Ledley King has only played 15 games this season and so is overlooked.

I'd hazard to guess that Vermaelen has played less than 15 games, not to mention the fact that he isn't fit to lace Kings boots.

People we're fighting to do this OMT because it's such a slam dunk. Now Stevenage, there's a REAL challenge.

Robin van Persie has urged Arsenal to "set things straight" by beating Tottenham in the north London derby at Emirates Stadium on Sunday.
In the last 10 days, Arsenal have lost 4-0 to AC Milan in the Champions League and 2-0 to Sunderland in the FA Cup fifth round.

"What better way to set things straight again than to beat Spurs?" the Arsenal captain said in his programme notes.

"I would rather be playing them now than on any other day."

"I don't think anybody would deny that Spurs have a really good side - and they've added consistency this season," said Van Persie.

"They are winning the tougher games and, as a result, have made that next step towards the top teams.

"Spurs have invested a lot of money over the past few years, and when you look at the figures it's reflected in their league position."

What a strange statement that line is

And, Spurs have invested a lot of money, What? And Arsenal have spent f#ck all??

Makes me laugh that in that article he says it's hard to choose between Friedel and Szczesny!

Pathetic comparison. Still dont understand what anyone see's in Szczesny...I usually dont jinx things before a game, but he is sh#t. Truely rubbish, and I hope he plays tomorrow.

Back