• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

TEAM NEWS
Good morning from Spurs Lodge! Harry has just gone through our team news ahead of the big one at Arsenal on Sunday. And it's good news! Harry says he's 'hopeful' of Luka Modric, Emmanuel Adebayor, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Rafa van der Vaart all being available for the Emirates. Sandro isn't ready yet, William Gallas remains out.

BRING IT THE fudge ON.

Can't wait.

Gogogogogo!

Why is time moving so slowly?

Fickle bunch gooners, everyone i have seen this week has said the same thing - "Arsenal are brick, Wenger is awful, I don't care anymore, I aint even watching the game"

They really are down and out right now.

All the more reason for us to trounce them good and proper - 0-5 to us - COYFS

I'm really intrigued as to know what Redknapp's team line up will be. I wonder if he'll evaluate Arsenal's problems and try and attack their weakest points. For example, if it's Vermaelen at left back, would we want Niko/VDV playing, so they can cut in and leave Walker to attack or does he start Lennon to just go and rip at Vermaelen? Same with the midfield, does he decide to play 4-5-1 with perhaps Livermore and Parker nullifying Arteta and Ramsey/Rosicky and having Modric run riot infront?

All interesting and I just can't wait for the match now, rarely EVER get a boring North London Derby, usually always atleast 3 goals in the game too so it should be fudging brilliant. Just hope we don't go there and try something different (like we have in many important games over the years)

Fickle bunch gooners, everyone i have seen this week has said the same thing - "Arsenal are brick, Wenger is awful, I don't care anymore, I aint even watching the game"

They really are down and out right now.

All the more reason for us to trounce them good and proper - 0-5 to us - COYFS

Makes you wonder how they'll respond when they drop even further in coming seasons. That goes for Liverpool fans as well.

Quickie Kyle Walker piece in today's team e-mail e-newsletter thingy:

Derby hero Kyle Walker wants us to transport our Saudi Sportswashing Machine form to the Emirates Stadium as we meet Arsenal again on Sunday.

The first half performance against the Toon in our last Barclays Premier League fixture was as good as it gets as we stormed into a 2-0 lead inside seven minutes, 3-0 by 20 and then 4-0 at half-time.

We went on to win 5-0 against a team that started the day in fifth.

That stretched our sequence to just two defeats in our last 23 matches going back to September.

One of the early, key victories of that run was in October when Arsenal were defeated 2-1 at the Lane.

Kyle smashed home the winning goal from 30 yards that memorable day – he’d love to repeat the feat when we kick-off at 1.30pm in N5 on Sunday.

“This will be totally different,” said the flying full-back. “In October, we played at White Hart Lane, our home turf. Now we go to their turf.

"We just have to keep playing the way we’ve been playing.

“I thought some of the football against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was outstanding, scoring five goals.

“We need to go to Arsenal, take the same attitude and hopefully get the same result - another win.

“The lads are buzzing. It’s the North London derby, we’re well up for it and you can see that in training day in, day out.

“We’re putting the work in and hopefully it will pay off on Sunday.”

Paul Merson gives us his verdict.

Ford Super Sunday: Arsenal v Tottenham
1pm, Sun, Sky Sports HD1

This game is Arsenal's cup final for this season.

In years gone by this hasn't been the biggest game for them - Manchester United and Chelsea were bigger - but all of a sudden this is the defining game of the year.

If they lose this game then I don't know where Arsenal are going. Three or four years ago they were a million miles ahead of Tottenham, but now Spurs can win this game and show that they're the ones way out in front.

Even if Arsenal win I very much doubt they can catch Tottenham in the table. They'd need to win five games on the trot to do that and I don't think this team is good enough to do that.

They're not a very good team; it's as simple as that. You can go around the houses with ways to be polite about it, but that's the issue. There were players in the team against AC Milan that shouldn't be playing for Arsenal. It's not fair to single individuals out, but there are guys that shouldn't be at the club, let alone playing in big European ties.

When David Dein was there, they were bringing in players like Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Vieira, Marc Overmars and Emmanuel Petit. Those were class footballers in the top 20 in the world at the time. Now they're bringing in players that Fulham wouldn't take if they came up for sale tomorrow. That's the way it's gone.

You have to look at the manager. He hasn't won anything for seven years, so questions have to be asked. You've got to forget what he's done before - seven years ago I was still a footballer, but I don't think anybody would pick me now!

Arsene Wenger has done a great job for Arsenal, but time moves on and you've got to look at what's happening now. And what's happening right now is that they're falling way behind their arch rivals from up the road.

Sunday's game is bigger for Arsenal than it is for Tottenham and I can't remember the last time I said that. When I was at Arsenal I remember the whole first team being rested against Spurs because we had a cup final the next weekend. All of a sudden this <>is the cup final.

Tottenham will want to go there and rub their noses in it and Arsenal need to start well. If they fall behind in the first 15-20 minutes I think I'll turn the telly over because it could get really bad.

I don't think a draw will be much good to Arsene Wenger, but that's what I think will happen because I don't see them keeping Tottenham to nil.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

Considering Merson said we'd win 5-0 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he could be right here. I honestly wouldn't mind a 1-1 draw, we're away from home against our rivals, form out the window, but I think they are there for the taking. If it's us going 1-0 up only for them to equalise, I think I'd be disappointed.

I dont think Chelsea vs Arsenal has ever been bigger more significant match than an NLD. Not to anyone who knows anything about football.

I dont think Chelsea vs Arsenal has ever been bigger more significant match than an NLD. Not to anyone who knows anything about football.

Of course it has, mate. Any match between the top 4 teams/title contenders at any given time is by all measure a bigger, more significant match than a derby, except to the local punters.

I'm really intrigued as to know what Redknapp's team line up will be. I wonder if he'll evaluate Arsenal's problems and try and attack their weakest points. For example, if it's Vermaelen at left back, would we want Niko/VDV playing, so they can cut in and leave Walker to attack or does he start Lennon to just go and rip at Vermaelen? Same with the midfield, does he decide to play 4-5-1 with perhaps Livermore and Parker nullifying Arteta and Ramsey/Rosicky and having Modric run riot infront?

All interesting and I just can't wait for the match now, rarely EVER get a boring North London Derby, usually always atleast 3 goals in the game too so it should be fudging brilliant. Just hope we don't go there and try something different (like we have in many important games over the years)

That whole, throw the form book out of the window scenario, is precisely why Harry should go with the best team we can put out, of the best in-form players, playing in their best positions. fudge worrying about them, they have far more to worry about stopping us, so we should go out there and treat this like a home fixture, and batter them from the first whistle. I'd like to see us 4-0 at half time, because we will start the second half like we were playing in a cathedral.

and then instead of taking our foot off the gas, we will only take it off - to stand on the throat of the goons.

9-0 to us

Defoe 6
Ade 3

We do seem to struggle against the smaller sides (Watford, Stevenage, etc) so I'm worried we might not take Woolwich seriously.

'According to Opta Sports, Theo Walcott has found a team-mate with just 14 of his 103 crosses from open play in the league this season.'

Go Walcott go?

Back