• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Well it was a privilege to finally see Gazza playing (well hobble around) in a Spurs shirt and the new stadium is as magnificent as I'd hoped :cool:

Bit of a nuisance that the stewards blocked the doors from West lower to the Marketplace at halftime though, as the mate I travelled up with was sat in South stand and we'd intended to meet up there for haltime pint. Hopefully that and the farcical queueing for train station is sorted by Wednesday.

DSC00941.JPG
DSC00903 (1).JPG

Great day yesterday, nice to see some old and not so old players, it was good to see our past helping in the transfer to a new age. Almost forgot how to get there! The highlight for my grandson was that his favourite burger stall was still there in Park Lane end and they recognised him. Helped getting the geography of the place and I'm sure the little wrinkles will be resolved after we all get use to the place, roll on Wednesday.

Did anyone else travel in from Cheshunt station last night?

As the station car park was closed when we got there but thankfully managed to get a space up the road at Windmill Lane. However I might’ve to find somewhere else to park the car if a test event at less than 75% capacity is enough to almost overwhelm that rail service!

Last edited:
Did anyone else travel in from Cheshunt station last night?

As the station car park was closed when we got there but thankfully managed to get a space up the road at Windmill Lane. However I might’ve to find somewhere else to park the car if a test event at less than 75% capacity is enough to almost overwhelm that rail service!
I read something that it might have been a bit of a scam as apparently it reopened once the private car park around the corner was full.
Having said that, Broxbourne car park was busier than usual with only spaces up top by 3.30 so maybe the extra capacity will make the parking more difficult.

And yes they need to sort out the train system. Am hoping Northumberland park being open will take some of the strain.

I read something that it might have been a bit of a scam as apparently it reopened once the private car park around the corner was full.
Having said that, Broxbourne car park was busier than usual with only spaces up top by 3.30 so maybe the extra capacity will make the parking more difficult.

And yes they need to sort out the train system. Am hoping Northumberland park being open will take some of the strain.
Hopefully they don’t try to pull that trick on a regular basis then!

Noticed quite a few Spammers using Cheshunt to head to their match at Olympic Stadium but our matches should never kickoff at the same time again, so maybe the rail infrastructure will be able to cope with 62K.

I used to go to games via Northumberland Park to avoid the lengthy queues at WHL and last night reminded me why. Thankfully there doesn’t appear to be engineering works at NUM on the weekends of our upcoming league matches.

D2-nAPyXcAA8hmA.jpg

D2-nAPyWoAI23uN.jpg

D2-nAPzWoAAjBwO.jpg

The view from the away section:
D2-GJZ4WoAAw49m.jpg:large

A look inside the away dresssing room:

Back