• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Also, if you'll all indulge me for a moment.

We're playing like brick.

We have 1 point from 12, having lost to Burnley, Southampton and Chelsea.

It's uncertain whether we'll finish in the top four, or whether we'll return to being Europa League chancers once again.

Our players are tired, and we're broke. We haven't made a signing for 18 months.

Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld look set to leave at the end of the season, and the era of this team is coming to an end - there will be a rebuild required this summer, come what may.

City will likely pump us in the Champions League quarter-final, and there are question marks around where we go from here.

But, two years ago, at the end of the 2016-2017 season...

....Mauricio Pochettino stood in the centre circle of the old White Hart Lane for the last time, tears in his eyes, as the old place echoed to the songs of old. For one last time.

'For the last time, Spurs go marching in to White Hart Lane.'

It's been a strange two years in exile.

A strange, topsy-turvy time, for the team, and for me. Playing in a ground that wasn't our own, bottling it, and yet not bottling it - moments of joy, of frustration, of ups and downs and all that comes with football.

And life - personally, I've had my ups, and my downs. I've been in places I don't want to dwell on, and I've lived with a feeling of despair that I would never fit in, never find a purpose...

..never find a home.

It's been a strange two years in exile.

But we're home.

Spurs are home. And I think, so am I. My life has changed, and I've found people, purpose and a place in life that I can call my own. It's small, but it's all I ever really asked for.

I'm going to visit that place one day. And I will do so knowing that, at long last....

Tottenham Hotspur are back home.

Whatever else happens, this season will be worth it for that alone.

Enjoy, folks. I wish you all the very best. Thanks for bearing with me all this time. And one day soon, I'll hopefully join you in this new cathedral of ours - a place to call our own. :)

View attachment 6290
And all that is thanks to Daniel Levy :D

Lots on twitter showing the singing in the Marketplace after yesterday’s game. I went straight home (well, that was the intention but network rail had other ideas) but think I will take a walk round to that section after Sarurday’s match. Atmosphere looks great.

And how fantastic would it be to hear a rendition of this around the ground?

Really think this should be the South stand anthem.

WOW,WOW, WOW

I have not been to the Lane or Tottenham since the last game there, i did so because i wanted to see it finished and not the various stages it has gone through. coming up the high road and seeing it for the first time all i can say is WOW,WOW,WOW. It took my breath away and although i have been told i am not a sensitive guy i must admit my eyes started to get damp.:oops:

That was awsome enough but once i was in the ground i was having to use my hanky ( Hazard had nothing on me). First stepped into the Lane as a kid back in 61 and i was gobsmacked and will always remember that day till i die, yesterday was the same its BLOODY BRILLIANT. There was nothing that was wrong ( imo) the sound is amazing and i can not wait to see/hear it when its sold out.

Thank you Daniel for giving us Spurs fans such a fantastic home. I am still buzzing now.

Didn't you think it felt like home immediately? I won't be able to get to a game until near the end of the season, but the feeling I had when I walked out in January during my walkabout was 1) this is HOME and 2) we will SMASH teams here. It felt like the last version of the Lane but obviously new. Did you have a similar instant reaction? It is actually , IMO, a Jedi-mind trick on all fronts because I cannot understand quite how they achieved it...

And his anckles didn't snap in two!?

I thought J’Neil Bennett did wonderfully well in turning his sliding-to-the-corner-flag celebration into an almost 180 degree turn, obviously to prevent sliding down the slope....

Joking aside, whilst the ‘slope’ doesn’t appear to be an issue for corners, the drop off behind the goal (relevant because that was my view) does look quite substantial. There were however no clattering runs off the pitch that I recall to test whether it might be an issue.

I have to admit, I'm having a hard time believing the people that says it feels just like the old white Hart Lane, but there's so many people saying it I'm starting to hope. I won't believe it before I'm there though. It looks a bit too big and not quite as intimate on the pictures, but the intimacy of WHL was pretty impossible to capture on camera as well, so I'm hopeful. :D

Didn't you think it felt like home immediately? I won't be able to get to a game until near the end of the season, but the feeling I had when I walked out in January during my walkabout was 1) this is HOME and 2) we will SMASH teams here. It felt like the last version of the Lane but obviously new. Did you have a similar instant reaction? It is actually , IMO, a Jedi-mind trick on all fronts because I cannot understand quite how they achieved it...

I know what you mean walking down the High st i really did feel at home, the buildings/shops/pubs were all there and it was a complete change from what i felt going to Wembley. The ground is obviously different but it still made me feel and remember all the great players and games i was lucky enough to have watched there.

Ghosts of players past? memories of the great nights under the lights? and they were all there. Over 24 hours later and i am still buzzing.

I know what you mean walking down the High st i really did feel at home, the buildings/shops/pubs were all there and it was a complete change from what i felt going to Wembley. The ground is obviously different but it still made me feel and remember all the great players and games i was lucky enough to have watched there.

Ghosts of players past? memories of the great nights under the lights? and they were all there. Over 24 hours later and i am still buzzing.

The ability to create something new with the feeling/ghost of the old is a stunning achievement ..

The attention to detail is way beyond what I think anyone else will ever create, and should forever answer the question of is Daniel a fan? only a fan would go to the lengths people will see. I had a conversation two years ago with someone working at the club, and it was clear every detail was looked at.

I have to admit, I'm having a hard time believing the people that says it feels just like the old white Hart Lane, but there's so many people saying it I'm starting to hope. I won't believe it before I'm there though. It looks a bit too big and not quite as intimate on the pictures, but the intimacy of WHL was pretty impossible to capture on camera as well, so I'm hopeful. :D

It’s hard to explain.
It is all very new, but yet it feels somehow familiar.
It is all very modern but yet you can feel the underlying history.
It is so much bigger but yet there is feeling of intimacy with other stands and the pitch.
It is not old WHL, but yet it still feels like home.

West Ham fans are apparently really looking forward to smashing up the stadium when they visit.
Such a small time attitude, but at the same time I hope the club are prepared for this and have plans in place to deal with any such attempts.

I've always said that being able to stay literally on the same site is massive (especially in the modern era), and massive thanks to Levy for always believing it was deliverable, let's not forget it's taken years to get to this point.

And let's not underestimate that we've done it now, ie done what other clubs can only dream of, it's our new fortress that will serve this club for the next 80 years.

As for familiarity......it's Triggers broom really:D

West Ham fans are apparently really looking forward to smashing up the stadium when they visit.
Such a small time attitude, but at the same time I hope the club are prepared for this and have plans in place to deal with any such attempts.

They have probably learnt their lesson from Spurs fans' behaviour at the death star the first couple of seasons after that opened. No lavatory left behind. There are rotten apples in all camps, unfortunately.

They have probably learnt their lesson from Spurs fans' behaviour at the death star the first couple of seasons after that opened. No lavatory left behind. There are rotten apples in all camps, unfortunately.

This is where I imagine a combination of the cameras in the stadium, electronic ticketing and the cashless nature of the place (allowing for timestamps and unique IDs) can be combined to make data-driven identification of nobs pretty easy with the right data analytics tools. Just going off what little I know of security systems in place in Dubai and elsewhere.

Dunno if we have that sort of joined-up real time security in place, but if we do, I suspect anyone who tries smashing up our place will have an unpleasant surprise in store for then.

Back