• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

The dreaded cliff edge....so steep...
TR2TLAEvfRMgIMQ8iYVaGwpo9JTuHcsh3b7t06mu2if1KypBpdmTSKHY3FhIUA9PW50w0ace875yiolf9UDwYwd-FIGiY618--fwzjT7uvvlTJQH61_g3b5pmlnApsOArfTi30v26p1gX9Bu7TZJeP5RAwqsUN0LKsNDpE2U_qNVbRAGes7u0hc4PBdivjHTaKVXtzOFVIWi7zBTbG_4tTjI-BAttjNcmo8Qk2eWFOt1COL6WvbPGgmzFbdOKAHEtKy8UdmYsVRccJ86aM_-Tw6b_fY0oVeu-qhTAwqRsymW-jb_hUD6he0P-81kwtb7W4w58fSQ71hDXUxI44yX_SBzbo4_LaCHCaCDJX80cKTtsliQpvngxviT7JPYej9USlfd1EV3sFd3us0VAlOd58BiWlQbtfY6m3R1F5kPMeDVuB-T-fPOJyGKjIMmz_2dBLYyEmVFsZlFcWp8QFrOTi2NtfeS6wjSUgw3REazZhQqeeFr6h7RfTtkweGUCWqsuQip0-9L0Ry7p0fBQei2Ws0tSq5xvP55g-Tpz64N-7xYRij26ylhDSmMcZuAz3hjqV6Reig531E5SBw6NRjo2MRAr6l-48jxIvJl3X7O4ztBtmuSqZb7Ti_4Xd5_kVgKv9kQuw3C0Z1Fxho1ScVivy6TwuB5Ef0=w343-h609-no

:eek:

Christian Eriksen is foooked:D

The dreaded cliff edge....so steep...
TR2TLAEvfRMgIMQ8iYVaGwpo9JTuHcsh3b7t06mu2if1KypBpdmTSKHY3FhIUA9PW50w0ace875yiolf9UDwYwd-FIGiY618--fwzjT7uvvlTJQH61_g3b5pmlnApsOArfTi30v26p1gX9Bu7TZJeP5RAwqsUN0LKsNDpE2U_qNVbRAGes7u0hc4PBdivjHTaKVXtzOFVIWi7zBTbG_4tTjI-BAttjNcmo8Qk2eWFOt1COL6WvbPGgmzFbdOKAHEtKy8UdmYsVRccJ86aM_-Tw6b_fY0oVeu-qhTAwqRsymW-jb_hUD6he0P-81kwtb7W4w58fSQ71hDXUxI44yX_SBzbo4_LaCHCaCDJX80cKTtsliQpvngxviT7JPYej9USlfd1EV3sFd3us0VAlOd58BiWlQbtfY6m3R1F5kPMeDVuB-T-fPOJyGKjIMmz_2dBLYyEmVFsZlFcWp8QFrOTi2NtfeS6wjSUgw3REazZhQqeeFr6h7RfTtkweGUCWqsuQip0-9L0Ry7p0fBQei2Ws0tSq5xvP55g-Tpz64N-7xYRij26ylhDSmMcZuAz3hjqV6Reig531E5SBw6NRjo2MRAr6l-48jxIvJl3X7O4ztBtmuSqZb7Ti_4Xd5_kVgKv9kQuw3C0Z1Fxho1ScVivy6TwuB5Ef0=w343-h609-no

:eek:

Christian Eriksen is foooked:D
The corners from both Southampton and Spurs were very well delivered. There seemed to be no problem at all for corner taking, even when delivering inswingers (which I think tended to be the preferred corner for both teams yesterday).

Something else that I'm not sure has been said yet is how well the pitch played. Our boys (and Southampton's to be fair) played good passing football and I didn't notice the ball bobble once.

The corners from both Southampton and Spurs were very well delivered. There seemed to be no problem at all for corner taking, even when delivering inswingers (which I think tended to be the preferred corner for both teams yesterday).

Something else that I'm not sure has been said yet is how well the pitch played. Our boys (and Southampton's to be fair) played good passing football and I didn't notice the ball bobble once.
Well, the pitch has been pretty well cared for, without any use, for over 6 months, so it should be phucking phenomenal!

Has anyone heard if the first team have trained on the pitch yet,practicsing corners etc ....is there any wind circulating around the ground,it be strange if we go in cold on the number of home games coming up.

I know , Iknow, need to get a new phone or learn how to take proper pics...:p

Anyway, it were a great day yesterday...You guys n girls who will go to see the Spurs on a regular basis are gonna once again, truly love the experience of going to see our team play home games. Never thought I'd say that I'd hate a trip to Wembley but that's how I now feel.

I actually think the exterior of the new stadium is a bit bland looking and the beauty is internally. My very first viewing of the pitch and the stands ( those navy blue seats are beautiful ) took me back to how I felt some 52 years ago as a boy, when my eyes were in awe for the very first time at the sight of the enormous Shelf Side...

The New Park Lane , the Blue wall, is just a monster and how the song "we're the Park Lane Tottenham" bellowed around the stadium despite the Park Lane end being around just a quarter full...Those of us sat in the North Stand opposite, were all amazed at the sound as was one of my mates who's partially deaf!

I'd have put up a few pics of the drinking areas but all the pics invold people I were with so wouldn't be fair to them but if you're a drinker, you're going to love the Beavertown and the ease you will be able to buy a beer all around the stadium.

It's great to be back home ...

The pitch did indeed play well and we chatted about this at the game. ...Was a nice surprise and the grounds people at the end of the game will have been well pleased ...

I think the corner taking will be fine ..However, the drop off at the end of the pitch is a concern for me as I love wing play...Love seeing a player sprint to the by-line and picking out a team mate so as to have an attempt on goal...IMO. there are times a winger or a wing-back needs an extra three yards or so off pitch when running at full pelt to beat his man, otherwise mentally, he's not going to go at it in an optimum sprint, especially if he's already injured himself in previous games in a similar situation ...Sprinters don't just stop in an instant once crossing the finishing line.. I fear players will get injured either running down that slope or when putting on the breaks sharply...Hope I'm wrong but that's how I'm seeing it for now..

Last edited:
The pitch did indeed play well and we chatted about this at the game. ...Was a nice surprise and the grounds people at the end of the game will have been well pleased ...

I think the corner taking will be fine ..However, the drop off at the end of the pitch is a concern for me as I love wing play...Love seeing a player sprint to the by-line and picking out a team mate so as to have an attempt on goal...IMO. there are times a winger or a wing-back needs an extra three yards or so off pitch when running at full pelt to beat his man, otherwise mentally, he's not going to go at it in an optimum sprint, especially if he's already injured himself in previous games in a similar situation ...Sprinters don't just stop in an instant once crossing the finishing line.. I fear players will get injured either running down that slope or when putting on the breaks sharply...Hope I'm wrong but that's how I'm seeing it for now..
Man U have a ditch at the end of theirs which seems steeper (not quite as close but not far), not saying it wont ever be an issue but it will be few and far between.

Also, I have assumed ever since we see how little compartive room there is for corners that surelly we must just have bigger pitch dimensions drawn up at this moment in time because we are far from great at them and would prefer the game to be settled in open play? Or am I looking into this too much?

I don't honesty feel like we could have limited ourselves to this. Seems way to much of an oversight/ Gooner's wet dream for it to be true.

For a less than half full stadium the acoustics shine pretty good??

Is anyone there who can verify this. With all the work they said they did to make it sound loud, I'm interested to see hear what it is like in action.

The acoustics are beautiful and on another level to what I've ever heard from such a sparse crowd.

Looking forward to the Legends game and the increased attendance and where songs from the past will no doubt be sung..

Man U have a ditch at the end of theirs which seems steeper (not quite as close but not far), not saying it wont ever be an issue but it will be few and far between.

Instances of player injuries as you say will be few and far between.. It's the impact on attacking play that is also a concern for me . I fear it will inhibit good attacking play in instances that I've already outlined.. With Palace and Emirates Marketing Project to come (Zaha, Sane, Mahrez, Sterling) I'm guessing (hoping) it will work to our advantage..

Instances of player injuries as you say will be few and far between.. It's the impact on attacking play that is also a concern for me . I fear it will inhibit good attacking play in instances that I've already outlined.. With Palace and Emirates Marketing Project to come (Zaha, Sane, Mahrez, Sterling) I'm guessing (hoping) it will work to our advantage..
It hasn't stopped pacey Man U attacking play over the years, if it was an issue I would think we would have seen it there.

It hasn't stopped pacey Man U attacking play over the years, if it was an issue I would think we would have seen it there.

I do think a slight over hit pass down the flank ( Trippier) and the winger ( Sonny ) will not be so committed .

The other night Kane for England chased a ball down the line at full pelt and had no need to break sharply, ended a few yards behind the goal...Breaking sharply can cause injuries....Just saying lol..

Also, I have assumed ever since we see how little compartive room there is for corners that surelly we must just have bigger pitch dimensions drawn up at this moment in time because we are far from great at them and would prefer the game to be settled in open play? Or am I looking into this too much?

I don't honesty feel like we could have limited ourselves to this. Seems way to much of an oversight/ Gooner's wet dream for it to be true.
I don't get you? Limited ourselves to what?

Hmmm? There was a match there yesterday! It wasn't a problem. :)

WOW,WOW, WOW

I have not been to the Lane or Tottenham since the last game there, i did so because i wanted to see it finished and not the various stages it has gone through. coming up the high road and seeing it for the first time all i can say is WOW,WOW,WOW. It took my breath away and although i have been told i am not a sensitive guy i must admit my eyes started to get damp.:oops:

That was awsome enough but once i was in the ground i was having to use my hanky ( Hazard had nothing on me). First stepped into the Lane as a kid back in 61 and i was gobsmacked and will always remember that day till i die, yesterday was the same its BLOODY BRILLIANT. There was nothing that was wrong ( imo) the sound is amazing and i can not wait to see/hear it when its sold out.

Thank you Daniel for giving us Spurs fans such a fantastic home. I am still buzzing now.

Back