• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

You need to have a look back through your posts mate. For someone who constantly complains about people not being positive you do seem to have a somewhat negative attitude towards your fellow forum members, the vast majority of whom are trying to be constructive and have Spurs best interests at heart, otherwise why be here?

For the record I don't give a sh!t whether we"re at Wembley, NWHL or MK. Makes no odds to me, it's either Leeds to London via M1/East Cost Mainline, then turn left or right. The recent announcement is a positive for me, as I can now plan through to mid January.

You should know there is a difference between finding something to moan about and looking for something to moan about ( and if you can not there is nothing more i can say), nothing wrong with being constructive but looking for things to be negative about is what some seem to enjoy and i find that hard to understand.

We will move into the stadium WHEN it is ready to do so not before and finding reasons to moan about why it has not happened yet and then bitching about is futile and ( imo) unnecessary. Sorry if that offends you.

You should know there is a difference between finding something to moan about and looking for something to moan about ( and if you can not there is nothing more i can say), nothing wrong with being constructive but looking for things to be negative about is what some seem to enjoy and i find that hard to understand.

We will move into the stadium WHEN it is ready to do so not before and finding reasons to moan about why it has not happened yet and then bitching about is futile and ( imo) unnecessary. Sorry if that offends you.

Doesn't offend me, merely an observation :)

What the absolute fudge does this mean?...

“2. DL is dead set on first game possible. No Sky, or symetrical, influence to start with Man U”

Absolute gibberish.

Not gibberish at all. DL is pushing for the stadium to be ready ASAP and will announce the first game possible once the Critical Safety Systems are sorted and the test events/safety certificate is passed. What he is killing there are the rumours that we want to wait for a big game, or Sky want us open for a bigger game than Burnley/Bournemouth/Southampton and would pressure us to open with something more 'marquee'. And the people who are saying that because Man U was the last game at WHL, that they would also be the first opponents because 'It would be a nice nod' or whatever.

The only thing we are waiting for is for the issues to be fixed. Nothing more.

Not gibberish at all. DL is pushing for the stadium to be ready ASAP and will announce the first game possible once the Critical Safety Systems are sorted and the test events/safety certificate is passed. What he is killing there are the rumours that we want to wait for a big game, or Sky want us open for a bigger game than Burnley/Bournemouth/Southampton and would pressure us to open with something more 'marquee'. And the people who are saying that because Man U was the last game at WHL, that they would also be the first opponents because 'It would be a nice nod' or whatever.

The only thing we are waiting for is for the issues to be fixed. Nothing more.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

They'd be a certain symmetry with our first game in new WHL being Manchester United when our last game at the old WHL was against them too.

Doesn't offend me, merely an observation :)

Ha...and the joke is will said poster accept being valled a 'moaner' or being someone who 'bitches' if we go out of a cup and is pulled up on his views on us (lacking ) as winning m.e.n.t.a.l.i.t.y.?

Perhaps we'll get to find out if we go out to WHam on Wednesday:D

The rules are that you need written permission to have any more than one stadium at all. It's possible that what we've done will look rather like salami tactics and might irritate the Premier League administrators into enforcing a Wembley stay (bugger all to do with the FA except as far as the cup is concerned) but it's more likely that we'll get away with it. Lots of clubs have redevelopment plans, after all. The precedent is more likely to be useful than not.

The rules are that you need written permission to have any more than one stadium at all. It's possible that what we've done will look rather like salami tactics and might irritate the Premier League administrators into enforcing a Wembley stay (bugger all to do with the FA except as far as the cup is concerned) but it's more likely that we'll get away with it. Lots of clubs have redevelopment plans, after all. The precedent is more likely to be useful than not.

The FA will sign off anything if the brown envelope is satisfactorily thick. They were just about to sell off the national stadium for 2/3s of its cost (not even value) for a quick backhander

The FA will sign off anything if the brown envelope is satisfactorily thick. They were just about to sell off the national stadium for 2/3s of its cost (not even value) for a quick backhander
the deal also included they kept club Wembley (hospitality -£300M) - they would be able to play all their key games there (FA Cup / England games) - they wont have the inevitable maintenance costs. - it was not that bad of a deal, glad it didn't go through but it was not as dodgy as it first looked.

It looks like sections of a large screen are beginning to be put up on the stadium exterior, looking at the first Time Lapse camera now.

Back