• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Pics from today, courtesy of Skyscrapercity:

43197422361_b73f4c7953_o.jpg

KQWgFuV.jpg

I'm not saying it's the best development ever, but everything is of a much much higher standard than I imagined it would be. Levy's played a blinder!

Really puts any other stadium development/redevelopment in the shade.

Possibly world wide. I know some in the states are pretty impressive, but literally nothing comes to mind that compares.

This is a landmark build - stadiums built afterwards will be following THIS template, not the previous mould of "Big faceless ring with carpark looking concourse".

WHLII is a whole new spectator experience, and the quality of it is so high, it really is remarkable.

I think the Athletico Madrid stadium is the main one it stands alongside. These seem to be the first '3rd generation' seater stadiums

I really like our 4 distinct stands, but prefer their lack of waviness. I think their exterior will age better too

I think the Athletico Madrid stadium is the main one it stands alongside. These seem to be the first '3rd generation' seater stadiums

I really like our 4 distinct stands, but prefer their lack of waviness. I think their exterior will age better too
In saying that the exterior cladding of this stadium is relatively easy to replace and could be changed if it begins to look tired in a few years.

Does Atleti have the same technology as ours though and the food/drinking court areas?

I’ve only stood outside their stadium, never been in, looks great from outside, high up on a hill overlooking Madrid.

Does Atleti have the same technology as ours though and the food/drinking court areas?

I’ve only stood outside their stadium, never been in, looks great from outside, high up on a hill overlooking Madrid.

No idea I'm afraid. I've only ever seen photos of it, but it does look very impressive out and in

TBH the Deli Alley is not really something that concerns me in stadium design - atmosphere, view, enough legroom that I don't cripple my knees and aesthetics are the key 4 things for me

For food and drink I'm more a Best Kebab and Bell & Hare kind of a chap. I try and spend under 2 hours in stadiums if possible

Wanda Metropolitana is nowhere near in terms of technology or quality of finish. New WHL is on a totally different level. The only things that are similar, is time of build and capacity.

Couple of dudes from COYS were on a tour of the new stadium a couple of days ago.

-----

dmb111 and I had a new WHL tour last night. How can I say this... WOW!!!

We went just about everywhere, all 5 levels, south stand, west stand, tunnel club, tunnel, boxes, press room, concourses and ran in to Mr Levy...

Cant express how amazing the stadium is! Its just a monster. The size of it is immense, the steepness of the stands are amazing, the closeness to the pitch everywhere you sit is really apparent. The screens - I cant begin to explain to you how big the screens are (even if they are mostly obscured by the roof when you are sitting high up - bit of a design flaw!). And the level of details that has gone into the build is incredible.

I have been asked by the club not to post my pictures, but there is nothing you haven't seen already anyway.

The thing that stood out to me the most is how intimidating the north stand is (south stand impressive too). And also just how steep, close and big everything is. It is going to be immense!

I did ask a few questions, mainly will it be done by 5 August, especially seeing as it didn't look like it would! Our guide reassured me. She said that Levy is very calm about it all. A lot wont be done by 5 August, like corporate areas but we have till September to finish these. Also, the workers are going to be cracking on with the outer veil, which they haven't touched for so long, in the coming weeks. She said in the last week alone, she has seen tonnes of progress internally.

There was also lots said about the logistics of handling 62k people in free-flow around the stadium - They are anticipating every scenario on match days in terms of crowd movements. They are going to have so many staff on match days, in terms of stewards, catering and bar staff etc... Everything is going to be super quick (for home fans anyway!), If you want a beer, one of the 1000 of staff will serve you quickly, the bottom-up filling cups will pour your beer in seconds and the cashless payment will ensure you are out before you can say I love Harry Kane.

There is a huge range of food outlets as you know, and there is complete free movement of fans, so everyone can sample everything, and from the thought that they have put in to everything, I honestly think they will be able to manage the crowd movement. dmb111 especially liked the 'Tap-Inn'!

The toilets are very nice too!

There's so much more I can say, it was just all incredible. I cant wait till the first game!!! COYS!!!!"

---------

Part 2 from COYS

Progress

- The stadium looks incredible - both from the inside and outside, the overall quality of the finish is remarkable and unlike any other stadium you've been to. It feels more like a premium Westfield-style mall than a football stadium

- There are nearly 3,500 workers on site at present, which is essentially 10% capacity of the lane. Everywhere you go, there are workers

- Everyone seems confident that the stadium will be 90% complete by the first launch event on 5 August 2018 - DL won't let the stadium open without everything in place, minus things like the Sky Lounge etc which will probably open in the 2019/20 season (these aren't essential for launch although works continue on them)

- Walking around the stadium, it feels like a mixed bag in terms of progress. There are some areas that are really advanced and others that still have a lot of work to do (corporate areas mainly). However, with so many people on site, I expect things will move pretty quickly

Concourses and surrounding area

- The West Stand concourse is basically complete. The floor is very shiny. Noticeably shiny. Like Larry David's head.

- The restaurants and bars are pretty much complete - the pints filling up from the bottom feature looks very impressive

- The South Stand atrium is incredible! You've never appreciated how good the views are of London from Tottenham until you see this. Seriously impressive and a genuine feature of the stadium (really hope the hotel doesn't block any view)

- We bumped into DL on the tour in his yellow jacket (no hard hat). Apparently he's so invested in every detail of the stadium, which we should be proud of

- Exec areas and tunnel club look superb - tunnel club still largely incomplete but you are literally right on top of the players. It's an area I'll never get to see as prices are through the roof but it's great seeing it in its construction stages

- Toilets - very nice. Very yellow. Huge upgrade on WHL toilets but we couldn't exactly downgrade

- Chick King is still going strong - the workers and Lilywhite House staff have been keeping it very busy

- The hotel will most likely be built around the 2019/20 season

Inside the stadium

- One word - WOW! I walked around the entire tour grinning and in complete awe of how impressive the stadium is. It's absolutely huge but it's remarkable how close to the pitch you are

- The North Stand is incredible - yes, the South Stand will get all the praise and it's unbelievable but the North Stand is so high and so intimidating

- Wifi - the club have been keen to push that the wifi signal will be so strong that everyone will have access throughout matches, which is good because the 3G signal was shocking

- You are so close to the pitch - it's so impressive that for a stadium of this size, you still have that intimacy with the pitch and part of it still feels a bit like WHL, particularly looking at the Shelf

- The screens are huge. John Lewis have nothing on this! Honestly never seen screens so big in my life. It's like having 4 of our old jumbotrons but in much closer proximity

Launch Event

- As mentioned above, 5 August will be the launch event. It will be a ticketed event for around 20,000 people and will be a training session

This has easily become my favourite thread on COYS but the photos just don't do it justice in terms of the sheer size of the place. It was well worth sitting through all that sh*t football in the 90s and 00s for this, just you wait. I can't wait for the Liverpool game. COYS!!!!

Couple of dudes from COYS were on a tour of the new stadium a couple of days ago.

-----

dmb111 and I had a new WHL tour last night. How can I say this... WOW!!!

We went just about everywhere, all 5 levels, south stand, west stand, tunnel club, tunnel, boxes, press room, concourses and ran in to Mr Levy...

Cant express how amazing the stadium is! Its just a monster. The size of it is immense, the steepness of the stands are amazing, the closeness to the pitch everywhere you sit is really apparent. The screens - I cant begin to explain to you how big the screens are (even if they are mostly obscured by the roof when you are sitting high up - bit of a design flaw!). And the level of details that has gone into the build is incredible.

I have been asked by the club not to post my pictures, but there is nothing you haven't seen already anyway.

The thing that stood out to me the most is how intimidating the north stand is (south stand impressive too). And also just how steep, close and big everything is. It is going to be immense!

I did ask a few questions, mainly will it be done by 5 August, especially seeing as it didn't look like it would! Our guide reassured me. She said that Levy is very calm about it all. A lot wont be done by 5 August, like corporate areas but we have till September to finish these. Also, the workers are going to be cracking on with the outer veil, which they haven't touched for so long, in the coming weeks. She said in the last week alone, she has seen tonnes of progress internally.

There was also lots said about the logistics of handling 62k people in free-flow around the stadium - They are anticipating every scenario on match days in terms of crowd movements. They are going to have so many staff on match days, in terms of stewards, catering and bar staff etc... Everything is going to be super quick (for home fans anyway!), If you want a beer, one of the 1000 of staff will serve you quickly, the bottom-up filling cups will pour your beer in seconds and the cashless payment will ensure you are out before you can say I love Harry Kane.

There is a huge range of food outlets as you know, and there is complete free movement of fans, so everyone can sample everything, and from the thought that they have put in to everything, I honestly think they will be able to manage the crowd movement. dmb111 especially liked the 'Tap-Inn'!

The toilets are very nice too!

There's so much more I can say, it was just all incredible. I cant wait till the first game!!! COYS!!!!"

---------

Part 2 from COYS

Progress

- The stadium looks incredible - both from the inside and outside, the overall quality of the finish is remarkable and unlike any other stadium you've been to. It feels more like a premium Westfield-style mall than a football stadium

- There are nearly 3,500 workers on site at present, which is essentially 10% capacity of the lane. Everywhere you go, there are workers

- Everyone seems confident that the stadium will be 90% complete by the first launch event on 5 August 2018 - DL won't let the stadium open without everything in place, minus things like the Sky Lounge etc which will probably open in the 2019/20 season (these aren't essential for launch although works continue on them)

- Walking around the stadium, it feels like a mixed bag in terms of progress. There are some areas that are really advanced and others that still have a lot of work to do (corporate areas mainly). However, with so many people on site, I expect things will move pretty quickly

Concourses and surrounding area

- The West Stand concourse is basically complete. The floor is very shiny. Noticeably shiny. Like Larry David's head.

- The restaurants and bars are pretty much complete - the pints filling up from the bottom feature looks very impressive

- The South Stand atrium is incredible! You've never appreciated how good the views are of London from Tottenham until you see this. Seriously impressive and a genuine feature of the stadium (really hope the hotel doesn't block any view)

- We bumped into DL on the tour in his yellow jacket (no hard hat). Apparently he's so invested in every detail of the stadium, which we should be proud of

- Exec areas and tunnel club look superb - tunnel club still largely incomplete but you are literally right on top of the players. It's an area I'll never get to see as prices are through the roof but it's great seeing it in its construction stages

- Toilets - very nice. Very yellow. Huge upgrade on WHL toilets but we couldn't exactly downgrade

- Chick King is still going strong - the workers and Lilywhite House staff have been keeping it very busy

- The hotel will most likely be built around the 2019/20 season

Inside the stadium

- One word - WOW! I walked around the entire tour grinning and in complete awe of how impressive the stadium is. It's absolutely huge but it's remarkable how close to the pitch you are

- The North Stand is incredible - yes, the South Stand will get all the praise and it's unbelievable but the North Stand is so high and so intimidating

- Wifi - the club have been keen to push that the wifi signal will be so strong that everyone will have access throughout matches, which is good because the 3G signal was shocking

- You are so close to the pitch - it's so impressive that for a stadium of this size, you still have that intimacy with the pitch and part of it still feels a bit like WHL, particularly looking at the Shelf

- The screens are huge. John Lewis have nothing on this! Honestly never seen screens so big in my life. It's like having 4 of our old jumbotrons but in much closer proximity

Launch Event

- As mentioned above, 5 August will be the launch event. It will be a ticketed event for around 20,000 people and will be a training session

This has easily become my favourite thread on COYS but the photos just don't do it justice in terms of the sheer size of the place. It was well worth sitting through all that sh*t football in the 90s and 00s for this, just you wait. I can't wait for the Liverpool game. COYS!!!!
Do you reckon they actually did go on a tour or are they just like the ITK's and making stuff up from the land of flimflam?

So two things... the football pitch rolls out onto the NFL pitch.

1 - I still don't understand how the guide rails are covered/filled in on the NFL pitch.

2 - Im struggling to have 100% confidence that the seams between the football pitch trays are invisible, surely they would be noticable?

Imagine the lawsuit should a player be injured as a result of either of these potential trip/dip hazards.

Back