• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Yeah. If you look further in the video, there are still slopes behind the goal in the North stand, but clearly we're able to flap them up somehow, so I imagine it to be the same for the sidelines.

It's February now - anyone know when we can expect a stadium update?
The sidelines don’t need flapping up, they are fine as they are. If you look at most grounds the sidelines all camber off slightly. City of Manchester and Old Trafford to name just 2.

One’s expected this week. If it’s going to be a positive update, I’d expect it after the Brighton cup replay on Wednesday, as their continued involvement in the cup could impact the opening day.

Pretty difficult from the club, if we are almost there

The first game will be against Palace, unless they beat Doncaster
In which case its Brighton, unless they progress in FA Cup
In which case it will be the champs league quarters if we progress
Unless its one of the previous 2 games if we rearrange before the other events

Pretty difficult from the club, if we are almost there

The first game will be against Palace, unless they beat Doncaster
In which case its Brighton, unless they progress in FA Cup
In which case it will be the champs league quarters if we progress
Unless its one of the previous 2 games if we rearrange before the other events

Yep, there are lots of moving parts. If it’s good news, it must be a little frustrating for the club having all these variables. However, I’m not holding my breath just yet. Arsenal would be the dream, for me...

It doesn’t actually look real, as in the quality of the finish is so clear, the pitch is so green it looks like exactly like a render.

It’s so frustrating seeing it looking so ‘finished’, will be a travesty for it to go unused for the rest of the season.

It doesn’t actually look real, as in the quality of the finish is so clear, the pitch is so green it looks like exactly like a render.

It’s so frustrating seeing it looking so ‘finished’, will be a travesty for it to go unused for the rest of the season.
Has there ever been a pitch installed and immaculately maintained for so long without actually being used!

Regarding the corner issue and the slopes behind the goals. The latest Cowlin update, at 4:41, you can see there are no longer slopes behind the touchline, as it's flat all the way. So "problem" sorted. :) Edit - even clearer at 5:24. @BrainOfLevy.

Pf7b2hx.jpg
If you look at about 6:10 in the same video it looks pretty much the same to me. I don't think it will be as much of an issue as some are making it out to be anyway.

Yep, there are lots of moving parts. If it’s good news, it must be a little frustrating for the club having all these variables. However, I’m not holding my breath just yet. Arsenal would be the dream, for me...

Impossible for Arsenal, can't see them getting Met to agree, plus got to pass 2 test events in that time, with the second needing 40k so need some time to both sell and advertise to get the numbers for it.

If you look at about 6:10 in the same video it looks pretty much the same to me. I don't think it will be as much of an issue as some are making it out to be anyway.

But that's from the North Stand. The first images are from the South stand, so it would be reasonable to think we've put the flaps up for the South but not yet for the North (as the first images we saw, from the fan event in December, the South had the flaps down).

Flap, flippety, flap flap flap.

But that's from the North Stand. The first images are from the South stand, so it would be reasonable to think we've put the flaps up for the South but not yet for the North (as the first images we saw, from the fan event in December, the South had the flaps down).

Flap, flippety, flap flap flap.
If you look up to side line towards the South stand you can clearly see the slope at the end. This slope is not evident in the still you posted but it is there. It is just the angle of the shot that hides it. A bit of an optical illusion really. That's my opinion anyway.

You can get back in the water now ;).

Edit: At about 5.45 you can see the slope at the south end.

If you look up to side line towards the South stand you can clearly see the slope at the end. This slope is not evident in the still you posted but it is there. It is just the angle of the shot that hides it. A bit of an optical illusion really. That's my opinion anyway.

You can get back in the water now ;).

Edit: At about 5.45 you can see the slope at the south end.

Yeah, I agree, there seems to still be a tiny tiny bit of slope in the South still, but compare it to this photo from the fan event in December, and it definitely looks different now, in my opinion! :) Looking at that crease at the back of the goal, definitely seems like that just isn't there now. Could very well be an optical illusion though!

49a00112-7a18-4001-ad77-60c28a8395dd-jpeg.5500

Yeah, I agree, there seems to still be a tiny tiny bit of slope in the South still, but compare it to this photo from the fan event in December, and it definitely looks different now, in my opinion! :)

49a00112-7a18-4001-ad77-60c28a8395dd-jpeg.5500

I can't imagine that the flaps would be raised higher than in this shot as the advertising ribbon would be partially obscured, and that's a big no no. All in my opnion of course.

Yeah, it looks like a stadium on FIFA.

Regarding the corner issue and the slopes behind the goals. The latest Cowlin update, at 4:41, you can see there are no longer slopes behind the touchline, as it's flat all the way. So "problem" sorted. :) Edit - even clearer at 5:24. @BrainOfLevy.

Pf7b2hx.jpg

Gosh darn it, was looking forward to those advantages we were gonna get from the narrow corner spots!

"opening date for the new stadium" confirmation won't be until test events effected

Arsewipes too soon anyway.

Not that surprising, really.

Hopefully we hear about test events this week, although I’m not holding my breath. I’m still steeling myself for it being next season.

Back