• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Oh someone just saw right through me didn’t they! All paid for by clients, at least I think they will. I’ll still make a cnut of myself mind you...
Gotchya! ;-)

Was thinking of popping down there myself to be honest. But don’t think I can because I’m so tired due TO ALL THE SEX IM HAVING!!!!

:D

The shop has the same items of junk that were present in the previous store, spread out over a much larger area. Vast amounts of free space were inevitable.

Would be a major PR c0ck-up imo, if we opened this magestore and still don't play a game until January or later:eek:

One assumes that we must feel confident that we can open the stadium before christmas and this opening is a sort of 'taster' or even acts as a sort of "mini test event"..

Would be a major PR c0ck-up imo, if we opened this magestore and still don't play a game until January or later:eek:

One assumes that we must feel confident that we can open the stadium before christmas and this opening is a sort of 'taster' or even acts as a sort of "mini test event"..
One part is finished, the other is not. Other than both being owned by the club and being next to each other, they are not related in terms of the build.

The shop has the same items of junk that were present in the previous store, spread out over a much larger area. Vast amounts of free space were inevitable.

It's a good moment for manufacturers of tat to pitch Levy about sticking the logo on anything they can think of. If brand and quality considerations every held sway, they should be out of the door now.

One part is finished, the other is not. Other than both being owned by the club and being next to each other, they are not related in terms of the build.

True, but how would the club look if it can open it's store and make available the usual tat, but can't deliver the MAIN goal, i.e. the new stadium?

You can see the lol headlines now: "Levy opens store quickly to get dumb fans to fund the remaining bits of the overdue and costly stadium":D

I dont think its a major PR rooster up at all. If anything the chances are it will generate some interest, and by visiting the store people will be even more interested in the stadium.

Its an advertisement of the level of finish we are going for, its open, its there for people to see - Im not sure I see the relation to the stadium being done.

I dont think its a major PR rooster up at all. If anything the chances are it will generate some interest, and by visiting the store people will be even more interested in the stadium.

Its an advertisement of the level of finish we are going for, its open, its there for people to see - Im not sure I see the relation to the stadium being done.

Re-read what i said, i said it would be a PR problem imo if the shop was open so much more quickly than the actual stadium, i.e. if we faced a further stadium delay. My feeling is that it must be felt by the hierarchy that the stadium is close to being open. All the good advertisement about the level of finish expected in the stadium would i feel be watered down a lot if, say, the stadium only opened in March for example

Re-read what i said, i said it would be a PR problem imo if the shop was open so much more quickly than the actual stadium, i.e. if we faced a further stadium delay. My feeling is that it must be felt by the hierarchy that the stadium is close to being open. All the good advertisement about the level of finish expected in the stadium would i feel be watered down a lot if, say, the stadium only opened in March for example

And yet I still dont think you have a point.

Its a big development, with many parts, and one bit opened before another is really of little consequence.

Why wouldnt we open the shop well in advance of the stadium? I can think of no good reason. I dont see the connection you do.

Its ready, its clearly an easier thing to achieve, and it now serves as a window into the wider development. So what if the shop is open now and the stadium takes until March? I dont think the management would finish the shop, and NOT open it, simply because the stadium was a way off.

True, but how would the club look if it can open it's store and make available the usual tat, but can't deliver the MAIN goal, i.e. the new stadium?

You can see the lol headlines now: "Levy opens store quickly to get dumb fans to fund the remaining bits of the overdue and costly stadium":D

Should the Club have closed all retail outlets while the Stadium build was going on? Should they have refrained from opening any new stores anywhere in that time? Or is it that the new store is next door to the stadium that gets your goat? If the new ticket office and extra store are finished before the stadium opens its doors should transferring ticket operations and selling merchandise (or tat in your words) from that building be stopped in your view?
Or is it that if someone mocks the club for doing these things, you don't feel confident that you could wipe the floor with the macarons?

To open a shop you do not need to have (the same level of) safety certificates and to hold test events in order to get those safety certificates.
I wouldn't worry about how we are perceived by the press. The custodians of the club are gradually delivering on their long term vision. The stadium will be open at some point in the future and at the point of opening it will be the finest in the World and cater for our needs for many years to come. If you have to put up with the odd, rubbish Daily Mail headline along the way then so be it.

Back