• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Agree on The Billy Nicholson Stand but for the others, who to choose from these?

JImmy Greaves
Dave Mackay
Danny Blanchflower
Glen Hoddle
Ledley King
Paul Gascoigne
Pat Jennings
Ossie Ardiles
Cliff Jones
John White
Stevie Perryman
Gary Mabbutt

Those are all within living memory but some very big names have been left out like Martin Chivers, Gary Lineker, Jurgen Klinsmann, Gareth Bale etc etc.

Not easy!

I can understand naming stands in older stadiums where improvements will be made in time and names could be changed at that time to reflect great players or managers, but in new stadium we need to look to the future. Much I as I admired Bill Nicholson I would hope in 10 years he will not be considered our greatest manager or that Jimmy Greaves our greatest goal scorer. When my Dad started going we were a 2nd division outfit and he always thought that Arthur Rowe shaped Tottenham, winning promotion and the league title while developing a unique style and nurturing future great managers as Ramsey and Nicholson. There will be plenty of lounges and walkways that can carry names.

I can understand naming stands in older stadiums where improvements will be made in time and names could be changed at that time to reflect great players or managers, but in new stadium we need to look to the future. Much I as I admired Bill Nicholson I would hope in 10 years he will not be considered our greatest manager or that Jimmy Greaves our greatest goal scorer. When my Dad started going we were a 2nd division outfit and he always thought that Arthur Rowe shaped Tottenham, winning promotion and the league title while developing a unique style and nurturing future great managers as Ramsey and Nicholson. There will be plenty of lounges and walkways that can carry names.
You could also say that Ginola helped create a new kind of atmosphere at the lane. He made smoking look cool. His sexy runs down the wing enticed a new generation of fans to enter the Lane. His long thick and wavy hair could be seen as the catalyst for bringing metrosexuality into football. His untucked shirt and high shorts that showed off his toned thighs changed how football was watched at the lane, it wasnt about the goals anymore, it was about sexiness and style rather than points won.The Daveeeeeed Ginola stand will always get my vote.

You could also say that Ginola helped create a new kind of atmosphere at the lane. He made smoking look cool. His sexy runs down the wing enticed a new generation of fans to enter the Lane. His long thick and wavy hair could be seen as the catalyst for bringing metrosexuality into football. His untucked shirt and high shorts that showed off his toned thighs changed how football was watched at the lane, it wasnt about the goals anymore, it was about sexiness and style rather than points won.The Daveeeeeed Ginola stand will always get my vote.

Certainly wasn't about getting the ball in early.

But would you put ginolas stand in your mouth?

Back