• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I get it that this is the roof lift, but what in particular am I looking for here?

They've been tightening the cables recently added in the south stand. They'll be doing this gradually all around now until we have lift off. I think this part of the process could take a while as they want to check that everything is as it should before lifting it all the way up.

Some say I should go on I’m a celebrity, but I’m not a celebrity.

I'm sure they could find a little bit for you somewhere....

or maybe a part for your little bits......

paul-burrell-testicles.jpg

don't see what the big deal is, toby, jan, sanchez and sissoko a corner each, with moose and big vic in the middle. one big heave and its sorted..

The more I see of this build, the more complex it seems, the more I think no way can they complete this on time. But what do I know? I'm just addicted to this thread

I get it that this is the roof lift, but what in particular am I looking for here?

The steel bits attached to the cables will start moving at 1mm/hr or something similarly imperceptible. The most exciting part of the build will be hard to see live. Fortunately we'll get some time-lapses.

I do hope there's something in the HP rumours above and beyond their Aruba kit. I like them, and they've put effort in the past into making me write nice things about them. Which could only be useful - presumably naming rights comes with quite a stash of hospitality tickets?

THST: http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/report-of-thst-meeting-with-the-spurs-board-20-february-2018

This is a report of the meeting held between the Boards of THFC and THST on Tuesday 20 February.

3. New stadium build and infrastructure

3.1 PH asked whether the stadium build was on schedule, noting that the roof was a little later than anticipated.

DL explained that the compression ring had been completed last weekend and the roof lift was scheduled to be completed in the next fortnight. Bad weather and high winds had caused the minor delay.

DL said the build was incredibly complex and it was impossible to give an exact date as to when the stadium would be completed. However, everyone is working towards being in the new stadium next season and would be extremely disappointed were this not the case.

Once the roof has been completed, there’s still a significant amount of technical work to do.

This suggests the three weeks for the lift was a generous estimate or that what counts as the lift process has already started.

Some other points of interest:

DL said that although a contingency plan was in place everyone was 100% focused on achieving the budgeted timescale. Certainly no talks had been held with Wembley over extending their residency and that there was no intention of activating any extension clause unless it was absolutely necessary.

DL stated he was confident, as far as was possible, that they would hit the build deadline. Season ticket sales would open in the next few weeks.

DL thought it was likely they would request to play the first few matches of the 2018-19 season away from home. This had always been the case.

DL confirmed there was no possibility of opening the stadium at a reduced capacity.

DL stressed the stadium was fully financed. The Club was very prudently run.

DL felt that additional debt might be raised beyond the current £400m loan.

DL explained that obtaining long term project finance debt on a project of this size would have been difficult and certainly more costly.

DL expected to refinance the debt within 12 months and confirmed the Club had received a number of proposals which the club was considering.

DMC confirmed the Club had no plans to name stands after players or managers. They would be remembered through living and breathing history in the new stadium. But there would be badging and identity of the stadium to make it our home.

DL explained that the stadium financing was not conditional on selling naming rights. THFC are in discussions but they will only contract when they are satisfied with the price, the tenure and the counterparty. Until such a time that a partner is found, the stadium will be referred to as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

I am a little disappointed we can not name stands after famous figures from our past.

I dont know if they are doing this because they think it will devalue any potential sponsorship deal. But I would have thought the big stand should have should have been called the billy nich. It has a ring to it, the billy nich stand and also it honours a man who did so much for the club. I guess for the other stands the would be different people who would want it called after different players. But Bill Nicholson was such an important part of the DNA of our club he deserves more then just a statue outside the front of the ground.

I am a little disappointed we can not name stands after famous figures from our past.

I dont know if they are doing this because they think it will devalue any potential sponsorship deal. But I would have thought the big stand should have should have been called the billy nich. It has a ring to it, the billy nich stand and also it honours a man who did so much for the club. I guess for the other stands the would be different people who would want it called after different players. But Bill Nicholson was such an important part of the DNA of our club he deserves more then just a statue outside the front of the ground.
Agree on The Billy Nicholson Stand but for the others, who to choose from these?

JImmy Greaves
Dave Mackay
Danny Blanchflower
Glen Hoddle
Ledley King
Paul Gascoigne
Pat Jennings
Ossie Ardiles
Cliff Jones
John White
Stevie Perryman
Gary Mabbutt

Those are all within living memory but some very big names have been left out like Martin Chivers, Gary Lineker, Jurgen Klinsmann, Gareth Bale etc etc.

Not easy!

Last edited:
On Saturday I got to see the new stadium in the flesh, so to speak, for the first time and whilst I am really enjoying Chris Cowlin's updates - along with all the others that appear in this great thread - they really don't do the true scale of the place justice.

I now have a better understanding of the awe that both Danish & GGG's partners must feel when it comes to sexy time.

Wonder if that's true or whether we're struggling to get interest?

Well with West ham struggling to get a sponsor as well I think maybe the days of silly money for calling a stadium after a company might be over. Bet Chelsea will get a massive sponsor from one of Romans sister companies.

Back