• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

The feats they go to, literally swapping their blood in and out of themselves, to avoid detection. The cheating is almost a sport in itself. @Sexagenarianlover couldn't agree more, decent, humble, kind and innovative over delusions of grandeur everyday of the week. Like your style. Ironically I think part of Brexit - from the Tories side - is a yearning for colonial Great Britain of 100 years ago. What are we supposed to be discussing again?

My brexit is not the torries.

I think this is the stadium thread:D

Those screens like in the German stadium around the top of the stadium look good but fcuk me i read earlier somewhere that coldplay are fans of ours and want to play at the stadium. I would rather stay in the EU and support Arse then have fcuking coldplay at our stadium.

I'm not American and I quite like NFL. I don't like Baseball or Basketball though. I would never call either of them GHod awful sports though, I have just never enjoyed watching either (Harlem Globe Trotters when I was about 10 years old excepted).

Went to New York, the week we beat Inter Milan and Bale did his thing, watched some Ice Hockey at the square garden and it was awful, stopped every 30 seconds which when I used to see it on Grandstand as a kid it was never like that it was actually fast based and exciting. Also people got up to get food and snacks every 20 minutes. I could not make head nor tail of it.

Last time we went we saw Billy Joel and I enjoyed him far more even if he was living on past glories.

I'm not American and I quite like NFL. I don't like Baseball or Basketball though. I would never call either of them GHod awful sports though, I have just never enjoyed watching either (Harlem Globe Trotters when I was about 10 years old excepted).

Ice hockey is the only North American sport that is enjoyable. That is a top spectator sport. You don't have to be a fact nerd to get something out of it.

Baseball and basketball are just not-very-good attempts at making men's sports out of old English women's sports (rounders and netball).

Ice hockey is the only North American sport that is enjoyable. That is a top spectator sport. You don't have to be a fact nerd to get something out of it.

Baseball and basketball are just not-very-good attempts at making men's sports out of old English women's sports (rounders and netball).
Again missing the 'in my opinion' GB.

I'm not a fact nerd and don't pay that much interest into NFL really and yet if I switch the TV over and a game is on I will happily watch an hour of it.

See my previous post it is awful to watch live. I think your thinking of ice hockey we saw growing up on grandstand.

Went to New York, the week we beat Inter Milan and Bale did his thing, watched some Ice Hockey at the square garden and it was awful, stopped every 30 seconds which when I used to see it on Grandstand as a kid it was never like that it was actually fast based and exciting. Also people got up to get food and snacks every 20 minutes. I could not make head nor tail of it.

That's the advertising that comes with everything American. The British Elite Ice Hockey League is well worth watching. I go to see my local team a couple of times a season. That's probably what used to be on Grandstand too.

That's the advertising that comes with everything American. The British Elite Ice Hockey League is well worth watching. I go to see my local team a couple of times a season. That's probably what used to be on Grandstand too.

I miss those wet winter afternnons watching odd sports on grandstand. Do not see why Ice hockey could not make a comeback in this country, should be fairly cheap to get into for the BBC or SKY, in fact Sky might have been better investing in that rather then cycling. Then with a better British team they could have done international or european competitions.

I know not many like cycling but the 6 day cycling which is in London at the end of October is extending to more european countries and will become quite entertaining on eurosport. 6 day racing is very exciting with lots of different formats and an enjoyable evening.

On different uses for a stadium, one of the original uses for Maddison Square garden was cycling and Chelsea used to host dog racing. So stadiums being used for more then one thing is a good idea and not a new one.

Anyway this big arsed fudging ballsy stadium. You reckon it’s gonna be any good?

I do .. a lot of work & thought went into it.

I think people miss what a difference this can make for us. At opening, only Wembley and Old Trafford will be bigger in England, add in brand new corporate facilities in London, +NFL, +Spurs newer profile, +events, +sponsorship .. it sets us up for the next decade or two.

That was planned in the original KSS design

_46612716_internalviewofthestadium.jpg

Hopefully it's a phase 2 expansion

We could also replace the jumbotrons in the corners with a screen around the roof, like they are putting in at the Bernabeu (see from 4:08-4:43):

The KSS design was 56k so those "extra" seats made it 6k less than the current design

I couldn't see how we could not get another smaller row continuing from both east and west stand (upper parts) even it sits higher up.

Probably could add another 5k in seats.

Or possibly even a couple more corporate boxes with seating.

That was planned in the original KSS design]

Yes but at the expense of the single tier space below it. As the design stands you cannot extend the east or west stands to any worthwhile degree without blocking the view of people in the upper corners of the single tier south stand. Even by removing the screens, the south stand would have to be reconstructed with a new rake angle to get higher in the same distance back.

I find it borderline hilarious that all these people think they know better than people who design award winning stadiums for a living.

Yes but at the expense of the single tier space below it. As the design stands you cannot extend the east or west stands to any worthwhile degree without blocking the view of people in the upper corners of the single tier south stand. Even by removing the screens, the south stand would have to be reconstructed with a new rake angle to get higher in the same distance back.

I find it borderline hilarious that all these people think they know better than people who design award winning stadiums for a living.

No we don't think we know better just assuming if there is a future expansion.

Back