• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

yes considering the Superbowl is the most watched single game of sport every year. Just because you dont understand it does not make it a bad thing. Cricket is the most boring sport ever invented, it takes 5 damn days to play.

I do understand it. I used to play John Maddon in halls of residence with a mate from Puerto Rico, so picked up the rules and supposed purpose from there

It's like cricket with only 10 balls a match. Hours sitting around being marketed at, followed by a handful of plays that are too quick/chaotic to see in real time, so have to be watched on big screens.

I can see the similarities with cricket, but in cricket you get at least 600 'plays' a day/3000 a match.

Is our new stadium big enough to host the Superbowl? I can see the NFL hosting it in London in the near-ish future.

No, the stadium is not up to spec to host a Superbowl, in categories including capacity and number of car parking spots.

HOWEVER, money talks. I wouldn't bet against a London Superbowl. The Sponsors etc would be happy and the amount of extra publicity across Europe wouldn't hurt the game.

ct3WW71.jpg

pZXtUX1.jpg

I couldn't see how we could not get another smaller row continuing from both east and west stand (upper parts) even it sits higher up.

Probably could add another 5k in seats.

Or possibly even a couple more corporate boxes with seating.

I couldn't see how we could not get another smaller row continuing from both east and west stand (upper parts) even it sits higher up.

Probably could add another 5k in seats.

Or possibly even a couple more corporate boxes with seating.

That was planned in the original KSS design

_46612716_internalviewofthestadium.jpg

Hopefully it's a phase 2 expansion

We could also replace the jumbotrons in the corners with a screen around the roof, like they are putting in at the Bernabeu (see from 4:08-4:43):

That's a complete myth by the way.

c.110m viewers for superbowl
c.350m for the CL final
World cup games average 200m, and the WC final usually almost hits 1b
Any test match involving India gets 300m
The Olympics gets 3.5b
The Tour de France gets 1.5b

Wow! I stand corrected by a long way!

Each to their own but cycling is ultra poopy, and full of druggies.

I still love it but yes it is full of druggies and also some unpalatable partnerships, The tour of Dubai starting tomorrow with the GHod mark cavendish, some of the companies supporting and advertising on the tour and Dubai's human right records are not really great. But to see the worlds best sprinters against each other will be amazing.

Ill say one thing though. I love NFL, and I watched the Super Bowl yesterday. BUT. I hate that they call themselves World Champions and that goes for the NHL, NBA and the Baseball.

Its not just that they are the only country that really play those sports. But even if they were not, they would still need to beat the CFL champions to know they are world champions in American Football. Or the hockey would need to beat the Czech Champions or Russian Champions. Etc etc

Its just wrong. And blatantly rude.

Ill say one thing though. I love NFL, and I watched the Super Bowl yesterday. BUT. I hate that they call themselves World Champions and that goes for the NHL, NBA and the Baseball.

Its not just that they are the only country that really play those sports. But even if they were not, they would still need to beat the CFL champions to know they are world champions in American Football. Or the hockey would need to beat the Czech Champions or Russian Champions. Etc etc

Its just wrong. And blatantly rude.

This might be best said in the politics thread but relevant to what you brought up I think. I hate when leaders and the Americans and sadly our leaders as well always go on about being a great country.

Make Britain great...Britain is a great country....America the greatest country in the world. All that crap. I dont want Britain to be great, I want it to be decent, humble, kind and innovative. Great blah, that is to Christian Ronaldo for my liking.

I still love it but yes it is full of druggies and also some unpalatable partnerships, The tour of Dubai starting tomorrow with the GHod mark cavendish, some of the companies supporting and advertising on the tour and Dubai's human right records are not really great. But to see the worlds best sprinters against each other will be amazing.
Yeh I only think it’s poopy because of the druggies really. I am amazed at how the athletes do what they do but it’s had such a bad press for a long time now.

Yeh I only think it’s poopy because of the druggies really. I am amazed at how the athletes do what they do but it’s had such a bad press for a long time now.

The to me is an answer, anyone getss caught cheating it is a life time ban, prosecution is always pursued with the aim of prison time. All drugs that are currently accepted for things like boils should be continued to be allowed but if you go over the limit as Froome did recently then again you are banned. Also the blood lifetime passports should be extended to youth cyclists so that we have a lifetime of knowledge as to what they can achieve.

This might be best said in the politics thread but relevant to what you brought up I think. I hate when leaders and the Americans and sadly our leaders as well always go on about being a great country.

Make Britain great...Britain is a great country....America the greatest country in the world. All that crap. I dont want Britain to be great, I want it to be decent, humble, kind and innovative. Great blah, that is to Christian Ronaldo for my liking.

The great in Great Britain isn't even meant to mean great. It's a shortening of greater, and was just used to signify the expansion when Britain (England and Wales) colonised Scotland.

The feats they go to, literally swapping their blood in and out of themselves, to avoid detection. The cheating is almost a sport in itself. @Danishfurniturelover couldn't agree more, decent, humble, kind and innovative over delusions of grandeur everyday of the week. Like your style. Ironically I think part of Brexit - from the Tories side - is a yearning for colonial Great Britain of 100 years ago. What are we supposed to be discussing again?

No, it's definitely a 'the other 7 billion people on the planet that aren't American' thing. Like knowing that Trump is a roosterwomble
I'm not American and I quite like NFL. I don't like Baseball or Basketball though. I would never call either of them GHod awful sports though, I have just never enjoyed watching either (Harlem Globe Trotters when I was about 10 years old excepted).

Back