• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Yeah, I know, but this wasn't the main reason as its capacity could have been expanded while it was being built...

Expanded how? The seating goes right up to the edges where the 360 degree screen starts. There's no way to add enough seats without a major redesign.

Capacity was a major factor because it was competing against the Olympic stadium at Sochi which will hold 47k, and was already built.

So the capacity has crept up from 56k when the origin transport assessments were done to 62k hopefully soon. A cynic would think it was deliberate.

Edit: some further info:

Haringey application: http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=327596

6tRKb7F.jpg

So the capacity has crept up from 56k when the origin transport assessments were done to 62k hopefully soon. A cynic would think it was deliberate.

Edit: some further info:
That translates to me as a little bit of the seat manufacturer finding some space in the margins and a lot of "Oh fudge, we forgot to count the press and the players in the capacity figure".

... and, in practice, it's a meaningless number as we have to segregate fans.

We should build in pop-up perspex barriers (at say 4 key points depending on the away allocation) that means we don't have to lose columns of seats. Keep them opaque though, so we don't have to look at the ugly white supremacist when West Ham and Chelsea visit

We should build in pop-up perspex barriers (at say 4 key points depending on the away allocation) that means we don't have to lose columns of seats. Keep them opaque though, so we don't have to look at the ugly white supremacist when West Ham and Chelsea visit
Those scratched to fudge graffitied perspex screens always look classy in foreign stadiums.

90 seats for players/support seems a lot. I guess that's for the massive NFL teams with all their support staff.

Back