• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Looks like a rendering problem to me. I don't see why they would bring back the ugly metal exterior from plans past.

also the focus of the picture is the 'goods yard site' so they may have put in whatever version of the stadium was already on their clipboard.

On the limit of max distance from the furthest point on the pitch, which is 190m
c38f2989d9.jpeg

Hmmmm. Mentions the possibility of increasing the seating in the north stand at a future date - this is the first I've heard of it, so can anyone confirm this? And if so, any guesses as to what the enhanced capacity could be if we took advantage of that option?

Would be really nice to have an element of future proofing in the design, allowing us to go up past 61,559 to 67,500 or so if necessary. I know the money comes from the prawn sandwich seats, but it's always good to get more punters in and increase the atmosphere overall.

Hmmmm. Mentions the possibility of increasing the seating in the north stand at a future date - this is the first I've heard of it, so can anyone confirm this? And if so, any guesses as to what the enhanced capacity could be if we took advantage of that option?

Would be really nice to have an element of future proofing in the design, allowing us to go up past 61,559 to 67,500 or so if necessary. I know the money comes from the prawn sandwich seats, but it's always good to get more punters in and increase the atmosphere overall.

The North stand has empty space that could be used for hospitality, although that might eat up some of the common pleb seats. The increased income from added capacity beyond the current footprint of the stadium (we're talking lowest ticket price range here) would be so low compared to the cost that it will never happen. From the club's POV, you want to keep the number of available seats a little bit lower than demand to keep prices high.

The North stand has empty space that could be used for hospitality, although that might eat up some of the common pleb seats. The increased income from added capacity beyond the current footprint of the stadium (we're talking lowest ticket price range here) would be so low compared to the cost that it will never happen. From the club's POV, you want to keep the number of available seats a little bit lower than demand to keep prices high.

Fair assessment, and probably likely, but I'd argue that you never know. If we do amazingly well in the next decade - win the PL, or win the CL, or achieve something similarly momentous - then we could see a rise in popularity that would allow us to expand the stadium and *still* keep prices high. Surely that's worth future-proofing the design a bit, just in case? Especially since our last stadium was so hamstrung in terms of capacity relative to other stadiums - would be nice to not have to worry about that for a while yet in the event that football continues to grow in popularity and stadiums expand rapidly to meet demand (as is now happening with Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton).

I think the transport will fall over. But I think that was kind of always the plan. The stadium was only approved on ridiculous projections like 50,000 people would cycle.

I think the whole point was the create carnage, to force TfL to do something, e.g. run Victoria Line trains on to Northumberland Park

I don't believe that for a second. It would not have got through planning without transport concerns being addressed and transport chaos when we move into the ground would reflect badly on the club and damage our reputation.

My guess is many fans won't know what's hit 'em once the new stadium opens. Ever more stringent parking restrictions allied to much tighter control over private vehicle access will coerce most of us into using public transport, two wheels or shank's pony.

Some faceless public servant will make an announcement about improved services to cope with extra people travelling to the stadium, but it will be insufficient to meet the needs of the public, fortunately lessons will have been learnt from the debacle and a study will be carried out to resolve any problem.
Network Rail will do what they have done for the last 3 seasons whilst at WHL i.e engineering works almost every home game meaning we will have one station to get us home from, citing we plan these works 18 months in advance so cant cancel them for football

Back