• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

got the impression yesterday that there's too much work to do to be ready by 18/19 - think we'll be having another season at the Lane
It has taken only 14 months to get to where they are today. There is 17-18 months to finish it. It will be finished. There is less work left to do than what is already completed.

I've never understood the argument that with the glut of TV cash the stadium becomes less important and can even justify cheaper prices.

If everyone is getting the same TV money, our advantage comes from the stadium. Back in the Sky4 era, I remember Arsenal having double our revenue around 2005-6. It was only £40m difference, but they had twice as much to spend and that is a huge gulf. If everyone is getting around £100m from TV, then the stadium and commercial income makes all the difference.
Indeed... our commercial revenue is never going to come close to ManUre's (well unless Pochettino can turn us into the dominant English team for the next couple of decades to swell our global fan base!) but at least with the new stadium income we can finally match the rest of the top 5 when it comes to players' wage demands...

C8twokvXYAASikn.jpg
C8twg_CXsAAKl_a.jpg

C8twj89XYAAI-ud.jpg

C8twLO1WAAASWKj.jpg

C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg

It has taken only 14 months to get to where they are today. There is 17-18 months to finish it. It will be finished. There is less work left to do than what is already completed.

i dont think that's true, not by a long shot - there might be over half the main structure up (not even sure that's the case if you include the steel frame work and complete terraces tbh) but overall works inside and out aren't as advanced - we still need to knock down white hart lane so structurally we wont be able to start on the new south stand till the back end of the summer and then you have the removable pitch works which stretches out further - internal fit out, cladding, roof etc

i dont think that's true, not by a long shot - there might be over half the main structure up (not even sure that's the case if you include the steel frame work and complete terraces tbh) but overall works inside and out aren't as advanced - we still need to knock down white hart lane so structurally we wont be able to start on the new south stand till the back end of the summer and then you have the removable pitch works which stretches out further - internal fit out, cladding, roof etc
The main structures (the cores) are the most time consuming, as they're all reinforced concrete, and the construction and pouring takes time. They're all finished, apart from some work to the floors in core 6, the one inside our current stadium. The Steel work is well underway, and is a lot easier and quicker to build. Internal fit outs is also well underway, as is work with the external cladding. These things are pretty much standard work, which should not bring any surprises in terms of time to complete it. The only unknown factor is the sliding pitch.

Indeed... our commercial revenue is never going to come close to ManUre's (well unless Pochettino can turn us into the dominant English team for the next couple of decades to swell our global fan base!) but at least with the new stadium income we can finally match the rest of the top 5 when it comes to players' wage demands...

C8twokvXYAASikn.jpg
C8twg_CXsAAKl_a.jpg

C8twj89XYAAI-ud.jpg

C8twLO1WAAASWKj.jpg

C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg

Unreal.

That really puts into perspective the astounding job Poch and Levy are doing.

Punching massively above our weight.

The main structures (the cores) are the most time consuming, as they're all reinforced concrete, and the construction and pouring takes time. They're all finished, apart from some work to the floors in core 6, the one inside our current stadium. The Steel work is well underway, and is a lot easier and quicker to build. Internal fit outs is also well underway, as is work with the external cladding. These things are pretty much standard work, which should not bring any surprises in terms of time to complete it. The only unknown factor is the sliding pitch.

structure is the quickest part of any build mate - think of when you see a sky scraper or office block go up in a city, the structure itself is up really quick and then the building isnt finished and open to public till way after.

Even with the increased revenue from the new stadium I suspect it'll still be many years before we can begin to match the pay offered by the money-doped clubs, because:

• we'll have the burden of the huge debt we'll have run up
  • City and Cheatski will still be massively bank-rolled by billionaires
  • having benefitted from a considerable head-start over two decades they and the others will continue to increase their commercial revenues exponentially
  • Levy is far too astute to pay the kind of megabucks the others can throw at it anyway
So the best we can hope is that it matters less because:
  • we continue to successfully develop our own top talent
  • we continue to outsmart the big boys in attracting major emerging talents like Modric, Bale and Dele for relative peanuts
  • we continue to qualify for the Champions League annually at the expense of one or more of them

Last edited:
Even with the increased revenue from the new stadium I suspect it'll still be many years before we can begin to match the pay offered by the money-doped clubs, because:

• having benefitted from a considerable head-start over two decades they and the others will continue to increase their commercial revenues exponentially
  • Levy is far too astute to pay the kind of megabucks the others can throw at it anyway
  • we continue to outsmart the big boys in attracting major emerging talents like Modric, Bale and Dele for relative peanuts
  • we continue to qualify for the Champions League annually at the expense of one or more of them others

That's a realistic view of our future prospects, but I suspect we will have the usual cries for signing super stars for mega bucks in the summer.

C8twokvXYAASikn.jpg
C8twg_CXsAAKl_a.jpg

C8twj89XYAAI-ud.jpg

C8twLO1WAAASWKj.jpg

C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg
I'm always a bit suspicious of Emirates Marketing Project's commercial revenues.

That's a realistic view of our future prospects, but I suspect we will have the usual cries for signing super stars for mega bucks in the summer.
No doubt, but it's reassuring to know that Poch and his team, whilst admittedly getting it wrong occasionally (Janssen), have by and large managed to pick up outstanding team players like Dier, Alderweireld, Wanyama and Son.

A greater anxiety for me is that we are in for a long hot summer of intense media speculation and brick-stirring around our best players such that the likes of Dele and Rose might eventually start to succumb to the lure of the mega clubs.

structure is the quickest part of any build mate - think of when you see a sky scraper or office block go up in a city, the structure itself is up really quick and then the building isnt finished and open to public till way after.
Not in this build, as the cores are built substantially stronger than a comparable sized building, because they are the foundation for the compression ring roof. Steelwork is a lot quicker than building with concrete. A skyscraper is completely different to a stadium, as the floor space is so much bigger. In a stadium the floor space is not very big, and the fit out of this project isn't very complex, and as I said, it's pretty easy to predict the time scale. The sliding pitch is the only unknown factor.

Not in this build, as the cores are built substantially stronger than a comparable sized building, because they are the foundation for the compression ring roof. Steelwork is a lot quicker than building with concrete. A skyscraper is completely different to a stadium, as the floor space is so much bigger. In a stadium the floor space is not very big, and the fit out of this project isn't very complex, and as I said, it's pretty easy to predict the time scale. The sliding pitch is the only unknown factor.

I have no idea how you know this stuff, but just posting to say i appreciate hearing about it. :)

Unreal.

That really puts into perspective the astounding job Poch and Levy are doing.

Punching massively above our weight.
Yup, especially when you see that Aston Villa had the 7th biggest wage bill last season (only a few £million less than Spurs) and still managed to get relegated :eek:

Makes me even more grateful to have Levy at the helm!

• we continue to qualify for the Champions League annually at the expense of one or more of them
True dat... well at least it'll be less of a cavernous gap in wages... eventually... and we will have the advantage of a better designed stadium for many decades to come...

I'm always a bit suspicious of Emirates Marketing Project's commercial revenues.
Indeed, about as kosher as the Russian Olympic team's multivitamins o_O

We'll see - I certainly won't be surprised if our season away is delayed a year

Nonsense; in just over a year they dug out the groundworks and sorted the contamination, did the piling for the whole area, dug out the basement, poured all those levels, they are working to a timescale to hit August 2018 as planned. They will get more or fewer tradesmen on site as needed to fit it out by that time. None of us know if there will be a hiccup with the demolition or installing of the sliding pitch mechanism, but everything is going to plan so far.

Nonsense; in just over a year they dug out the groundworks and sorted the contamination, did the piling for the whole area, dug out the basement, poured all those levels, they are working to a timescale to hit August 2018 as planned. They will get more or fewer tradesmen on site as needed to fit it out by that time. None of us know if there will be a hiccup with the demolition or installing of the sliding pitch mechanism, but everything is going to plan so far.

Which part is nonsense exactly because none of what you have posted there suggests what I said was wrong :confused:

Back